Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPI: More blacks run for Congress on GOP ticket

SkinsHokieFan

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/05/05/More-blacks-run-for-Congress-on-GOP-ticket/UPI-85171273081967/

I think this is great news, as no party should hold a monopoly on any type of race, creed, gender, etc.

WASHINGTON, May 5 (UPI) -- At least 32 African-Americans are running for Congress this year as Republicans, the biggest surge since Reconstruction, party officials said.

Party officials and the candidates said they recognize they have uphill battles in the primary and general elections, but they also note that black Republicans are running with confidence, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

Leaders and candidates point to two reasons -- dissatisfaction with the Obama administration and the fact that Barack Obama was elected president.

"I ran in 2008 and raised half a million dollars, and the state party didn't support me and the national party didn't support me," said Allen West, who is vying a U.S. house seat in Florida and one of about five black candidates GOP leaders believe could win. "But we came back and we're

running and things are looking great."

Click link for rest

This happened in Maryland for Gov and Senator when the DNC "convinced" black candidates to step aside for someone else yet black voters seeing this in Maryland still voted for the white candidate and people warned that utility rates would skyrocket

I love democrats.

You're either homogeneous or your pandering.

This is just a small part of why I want to move beyond the racial BS and look things like, oh, qualifications. Doing that takes away their cheap political points though, so they'll push race as long as they can.

I love democrats.

You're either homogeneous or your pandering.

This is just a small part of why I want to move beyond the racial BS and look things like, oh, qualifications. Doing that takes away their cheap political points though, so they'll push race as long as they can.

Of course they will. It's all part of the meta narrative they sell to their constituents. Politics is about who can dissemble the most effectively.

Hopefully, their good candidates. Nothing else really matters. In the year 2010, this shouldn't even be a topic worthy of discussion.

May the best person win.

And he's a democrat, folks.

:applause:

Don't get me wrong, when they aired the GOP Convention where McCain was to be formally nominated and they panned the room and in that hall of 15,000 delegates there were fewer than a dozen people who weren't white... I thought that was worth noticing.

I would like to believe this is different.

(Hey, have to live up to my dem/lib cred, don't I?)

Don't get me wrong, when they aired the GOP Convention where McCain was to be formally nominated and they panned the room and in that hall of 15,000 delegates there were fewer than a dozen people who weren't white... I thought that was worth noticing.

Oh of course. Historically, there's plenty of reason for minorities not to be republican. We traditionally haven't been the party of handouts and institutionalized 'reverse' (I hate that term) discrimination.

As the traditional party of 'do for yourself' it's easy to see why minorities haven't historically flocked to us. And I use 'historically' the same way HSBC's do. I mean 'currently.'

Oh of course. Historically, there's plenty of reason for minorities not to be republican. We traditionally haven't been the party of handouts and institutionalized 'reverse' (I hate that term) discrimination.

As the traditional party of 'do for yourself' it's easy to see why minorities haven't historically flocked to us. And I use 'historically' the same way HSBC's do. I mean 'currently.'

Well that and you've also been the party of kick 'em when they're down and make 'em eat mud until they scream uncle and then pants them.

I disagree, HH. The Republican Party was, at it's birth, the preferred party of blacks. They for abolitionist legislation and equal rights for newly freed slaves. It wasn't until the middle of the last century we started to see blacks migrate towards the Democratic Party.

Many great blacks in this country, including Fredrick Douglass, were hard nosed Republican. He said once:

"I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and progress."

Better than being the party that banned dodgeball. :saber:

I do hang my head in shame that some people who call themselves liberals periodically want to ban tag from playgrounds because of the way it impacts the self esteem of the slow kids.

That's just disgraceful and stupid.

Well that and you've also been the party of kick 'em when they're down and make 'em eat mud until they scream uncle and then pants them.

OK, so republicans are deliberately driving away specific voting blocks?

I can't wait to hear the rationale for doing something like that. :ols:

They're dumb!

It's not that they're racist. It's that they're dumb! Have you looked at government lately or over the past ten years!!! These guys are not only lacking a few marbles, they don't even have enough cylinders to properly fire if they had a good idea.

Politicians are Maroons! Their barely above Eagles' fans on the evolutionary charts!

Do you really doubt that this is true?

You sure are slow son. Don't you know we don't want none them colored boys 'round here. :ols:

Archived