Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does a NY Superbowl affect the Skins?

rd421

We all know The Danny hates being one uped by a rival ....especially Jerruh. When the Pukes opened their new stadium whispers of a new stadium with a roof able to house a SB started. My question is this now that the Giants have a new stadium that is expecyed to house a coldweather SB does this open the door for the Danny to build a bigger better stadium where RFK is? I know Fed Ex isn't that old and we are putting in new Jumbo Trons but consider the following:

1 Danny didn't build Fed Ex....and everyone wants to build there own dream house.

2 This puts the team back IN DC

3 Fed Ex is not a SB stadium

4 Two of our biggest rivals would now house superbowls

5 The Danny can one up Jerruh ....

I honestly don't know how I would feel about this but I would love to hear others views.

HAIL!

I think one of two things will happen from this:

1) Snyder will try to move the team back to DC. He'll want his OWN stadium that he built and he'll want it in an area that would be great for a Super Bowl. The Super Bowl would look really weird being playing in Landover with nothing around but townhouses. So I could see Snyder making a big push to get a new stadium.

2) If that doesn't work, Snyder will start dumping money into FedEx to improve it and the area around it. Its not like FedEx isn't a big enough stadium, its just not the most fan friendly. Could you imagine people going to the Super Bowl and sitting in the Obstructed View Seats? I think the HD screens are the start of these improvements.

Uhhhhh no. This has been discussed over and over.

True BUT up until now no one thought a cold weather superbowl was an option now that the Giants have a shiny new stadium in NY why not build a shiny new one in DC......DC would be an EPIC city for a superbowl ....

If a SB does happen in the Meadowlands, I hope they don't employ the temporary roof concept Snyder floated here in the early 2000s.

If they play a SB in cold weather and it works out ok, it will prove that we DON'T need a retractable roof on our next stadium.

True BUT up until now no one thought a cold weather superbowl was an option now that the Giants have a shiny new stadium in NY why not build a shiny new one in DC......DC would be an EPIC city for a superbowl ....

Because DC isn't going to pay for it (Stadium). Snyder wont pay for it (Stadium). And the fans wont pay the PSL's needed to fill it. The superbowl wont make him any money, make him feel good.

Lets build a winning franchise first, look for a stadium later.

Domes are for ****es. Football is made to be played outdoors in the weather.

Besides, Dan still has to pay off the loan on FedEx first before even thonking about building in DC.

Because DC isn't going to pay for it (Stadium). Snyder wont pay for it (Stadium). And the fans wont pay the PSL's needed to fill it. The superbowl wont make him any money, make him feel good.

Lets build a winning franchise first, look for a stadium later.

Agreed. Even if the New Meadowlands is awarded the SB, it'll be a "one time" deal.

Why is everyone down on Fedex? Other than the clear lack of a viable public transportation option, where in DC are you going to get the tailgating and parking options like we have at Fedex?

FedEx is fine for the common man, but a SB in the Meadowlands will build momentum on a lifelong campaign to build a new stadium for Danny.

We don't need a new stadium anytime soon, and I don't want one. The Redskins will be the first team to replace a venue built in the post Camden Yards HOK stadium boom of the 90s-2000s.

FedEx is fine for the common man, but a SB in the Meadowlands will build momentum on a lifelong campaign to build a new stadium for Danny.

We don't need a new stadium anytime soon, and I don't want one. The Redskins will be the first team to replace a venue built in the post Camden Yards HOK stadium boom of the 90s-2000s.

Not unless Atlanta gets on building their new one first.

Domes are for ****es. Football is made to be played outdoors in the weather.

Besides, Dan still has to pay off the loan on FedEx first before even thonking about building in DC.

Do you know how long that will be? I don't think it would shock anyone that once FedEx is paid off that Dan will move the team back to DC.

Just imagine the mayhem and traffic that would be at fedex if there was a super bowl here. I agree that the team should move back to DC and rfk would be a perfect location because of parking and the metro being so convenient BUT the team should have a winning record before any of this is even considered

Because DC isn't going to pay for it (Stadium). Snyder wont pay for it (Stadium). And the fans wont pay the PSL's needed to fill it. The superbowl wont make him any money, make him feel good. Lets build a winning franchise first, look for a stadium later.

Agreed FedEx is still a teenager in terms of stadium age....and Snyder is making improvements starting with the HD Boards. It is still almost affordable to go to a Redskin game....go ask the "Common" fans in NY if they can still afford their season tickets with the new PSL's. We don't need a new stadium right now. I agree lets build the team before we start building stadiums. Oh yeah I agree domes are for punk sissy's....

Not unless Atlanta gets on building their new one first.

I forgot about the ATL.

A few months back I read that Arthur Blank was scouting a plot of land in the ATL Metro area which houses an abandonded auto plant. Of course he didn't make anything public, but why else would he want the property?

The Falcons should def play outdoors in SEC country. The GA Dome is aging and might not land another SB.

I think Dan is resigned to remaining in MD for a while. I also think this is a a one-time deal for NYC. It's not a softening on the stance regarding weather. I personally think the SB should be held at the site of the team with the best record. I never understood how a game where elments play a major factor in the outcome of the game, plays its game to decide a champion in optimal conditions.

I think Dan is resigned to remaining in MD for a while. I also think this is a a one-time deal for NYC. It's not a softening on the stance regarding weather. I personally think the SB should be held at the site of the team with the best record. I never understood how a game where elments play a major factor in the outcome of the game, plays its game to decide a champion in optimal conditions.

Because The Superbowl is big business that takes planning and preparation, not just for the teams, but also for the host city. To play in the best team's city wouldn't give anyone enough time to set up anything, i.e. Hotels, banquets, parties & media coverage. Let's say the night before the Superbowl in New Jersey it starts snowing an inch an hour all night and into the next mid morning. It would be an operational nightmare. You're not going to try to get Mr. Gotrocks, who plunked down thousands to be there, to sit in a snow covered seat.

Danny wants a Super Bowl in DC:

Snyder: Washington deserves a Super Bowl

IRVING, Tex.--Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder said here Tuesday that D.C. deserves to host a future Super Bowl.

Snyder and the other owners are scheduled to vote during their one-day spring meeting to award the 2014 Super Bowl, possibly to the New York area. Snyder said during a midday break in the meeting, held at a Dallas-area hotel, that Washington should get a Super Bowl, whether or not New York is awarded the 2014 game.

"I think Washington should get one, no matter what," Snyder said. "It is the nation's capital."

The owners are to vote Tuesday afternoon on the 2014 game. The other bidders are Tampa and the Miami area.

The New York area is regarded by many observers as a strong favorite to get the game. The 2014 game is the next Super Bowl without a host city already assigned. Next year's game is to be in Dallas, followed by Super Bowls in Indianapolis in 2012 and New Orleans in 2013.

The league allowed the New York bid to proceed by waiving its usual requirement that a potential Super Bowl host city with an outdoor stadium have an average temperature of at least 50 degrees at that time of the year.

A vote in New York's favor Tuesday potentially could lead other cities, such as Washington, to examine the possibility of hosting a future Super Bowl. But some owners seemed to regard this as a one-time-only maneuver tied to the size of the New York market and the construction of a new stadium for the Giants and Jets.

The 2014 game would be played at that stadium, which is scheduled to open next season and is located at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J.

---------------------

He must not be aware of how much FedEx sucks. No way the Super Bowl comes to that dump.

Danny wants a Super Bowl in DC:

Snyder: Washington deserves a Super Bowl

---------------------

He must not be aware of how much FedEx sucks. No way the Super Bowl comes to that dump.

Ladies and Gentleman I am a prophet......

In all seriousness the po int of this thread was never a should we rebuild or push for the superbowl it was ...Will Danny....looks like the man himself answered my question...

For the same reason the Olympics are planned so far in advanced.....

Ok, we don't build stadiums but as far as planning, I bet it's pretty close. You can't do all that in a few weeks.

Too funny if NY has one of their blizzards during their SB. Even if it does not snow you won't find anyone poolside during the week.

When the Skins go back to the SB I'm there and I sure hope it's in sunny somewhere so we won't be inside the entire week.

Archived