Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hunger strike started today

Capt Rich Fla

But he still has to pay child support for this kid?! If it was shown that the child wasn't his, surely the other man had to be ordered to pay up, no? But you know what, nvm. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was shown to not be the biological father yet was still ordered to pay child support. BS like that happens all the time in family court.

Yes and no.

There is a presumption that if a wife becomes pregnant during marriage then the husband is the father. (I had a friend go through this a few years ago. She and her husband had been separated for something like two years but had never made the divorce final. Then she got pregnant by her new boyfriend. It was actually all rather amusing in a Springerish way. She had to get get divorced. Then sue the new boyfriend for paternity - which he did not contest. Then marry the new boyfriend. Fun times).

But if there is a DNA test that proves that one of the kids is not his, he would not be responsible for support.

I feel bad for Capt. Rich, but his story has about a dozen holes in it.

Also, he is on day two of the hunger strike, right? Are you drinking fluids? As long as he consumes water, he probably won't die for at least two months. So...we'll be debating this until at least late July.

Also' date=' he is on day two of the hunger strike, right? Are you drinking fluids? As long as he consumes water, he probably won't die for at least two months. So...we'll be debating this until at least late July.[/quote']

This should provide an opportunity for me to recycle the old jokes on the IRA hunger strikers in the 80s. All of them are what you might describe as 'tasteless'.

I understand how a woman at home all alone is hard. Women need to look at post pardon depression harder. It's a fact. She was at home alone and felt her youth slipping away. She went out to find a thrill. She wanted to feel young again. I think if she had been on meds for PPD this would be different.

I'm utterly lost. How many kids do you have? How many are you supporting? How many does she have?

Not to mention that I don't think that's what postpartum depression is. I don't think it's similar to mid-life crisis. At least, that's not what was happening to my wife (though her case was very mild).

People respond to post-pardon [sic] depression in different ways. But usually it involves crying and wanting to murder the children. Whoring is likely more related to being alone three months out of the month.

I actually give all the credit in the world to people who make relationships work when they are separated this much. I don't know how military personnel, merchant marines, etc. do it. Particularly if there are kids involved.

Yeah, then sell the story to "Wife Swap", further alleviating the financial difficulties :pfft:

My wife's aunt actually did this. She had an affair with her current husband while his wife was having an affair with her former husband.

In the end both couples divorced, then they swapped partners and remarried. The kids share parents and it is like a severly twisted Brady Bunch.

So yeah, there are women out there who aren't ****es and aren't looking to screw guys over any opportunity they get. Sure there are a lot out there, but there are a lot of decent women too.... Just thought I'd throw a few tokens of reality out there.

I agree. I know 4 guys going through divorce right now and all 4 divorces are working out without acrimony.

People respond to post-pardon [sic] depression in different ways. But usually it involves crying and wanting to murder the children. Whoring is likely more related to being alone three months out of the month.

I actually give all the credit in the world to people who make relationships work when they are separated this much. I don't know how military personnel' date=' merchant marines, etc. do it. Particularly if there are kids involved.[/quote']

Got it. I didn't realize women could respond in a bunch of different ways. I certainly agree with you that the cheating is probably more likely to be a result of the separation than the postpartum.

One needs to pass out for it to truly have the desired impact. Or at least pretend. I did it all the time when I was, oh, around 2.

My nephew would threaten to leave home when he was five. His mother would help him pack. But he wasn't allowed to cross the street so he would just sit at the end of the driveway before returning and giving them another chance.

My wife's aunt actually did this. She had an affair with her current husband while his wife was having an affair with her former husband.

In the end both couples divorced, then they swapped partners and remarried. The kids share parents and it is like a severly twisted Brady Bunch.

And in fifteen years, those kids will be beating up Pakistanis at Fenway Park.

Archived