Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

watching Strasburg

KDawg

Walked first hitter of second inning. Second batter was an error by the second baseman. Two on, none away. Next batters hits into a double play. Two down, man on third. K for the last batter. 37 pitches in with 81 mph curve.

No hits allowed, 2 k. Doesn't appear to get rattled in bad spots at all.

2-0 Chiefs, bottom 3.

Shortstop bobbles ball, batter reaches. It was actually a nutmeg. Next batter hits into double play. Walks the next batter. Grounder to throw, runner beats throw and breaks up no hitter. Runners on first and third, two away. K to end the inning.

3 k, 1 hit through 3.

He walks a lot of guys, but he's clutch with runners in scoring position.

4-0 Chiefs, bottom four.

First batter singles up the middle. Second batter lines out to mid center field. One down, man on first. Next batter rifles one down the 3rd baseline, third baseman makes an unbelievable catch. Two down, man on first. Next batter grounds out to short.

3 k, 2 hits through four.

ESPNews is a little embarassing with their break-ins on this game.

"And STRASBURG with the K! I don't have the name of the guy he struck out, buuuuut......"

If they're any indication, I'm expecting the kid to raise Steve Blass' arm from the dead at any moment. :ols:

5-0 Chiefs, bottom five.

Ks Brock Peterson to start the inning. 79 mph curve. Losing some velocity. One down. Repko singles up the middle. One down, man on first. Strikes out Matt Tolbert. Two down, man on first. Trevor Plouffestruck out, I think. Was looking at a hot chick and saw him running to first. Dropped third strike I think. Unsure.

I'm gonna say 6 k, 3 hits, no runs through five.

5-0 Chiefs, bottom six. This will be it for Stras id imagine.

Brian Dinkelman leads off for Rochester by striking out. Four k in a row. One down. Jose Morales at bat. Flies out to left. Justin Martin at bat. Fastball topping out at 96 now. Ks him, dropped third strike out anyways.

6 ip, 8 k, 3 hits, no runs

Now that I'm home and can type on a keyboard instead of my phone...

He looks real good. He walked three Red Wings, I think. Put himself in some tough spots. But damn is he good. His fastball hit 99 about six times in the first inning, and I bet he can top 100 if he really wanted to. Extremely clutch with baserunners on.

Through three AAA games, he still has a 0.00 ERA. 22 K.

Guy is ridiculous. I feel like I just witnessed what greatness is.

They seem to be doing a great job of managing his pitches.

Let's see, he pitched May 7th, 12th & 19th. Looks like his next start will be the 25th against Toledo and then maybe the 31st against Buffalo. This is assuming they keep the 5 days-off between starts cycle. And that would set him up to pitch his first MLB game at home against Cincinnati on June 6th. Perfect.

It's unfair having him pitch in AAA. The whole arbitration rule is silly but it's the only reason he's not in the majors right now. Kid is ready for the next level, but I suppose extra seasoning beating up on inferior competition isn't a bad thing.

It's unfair having him pitch in AAA. The whole arbitration rule is silly but it's the only reason he's not in the majors right now. Kid is ready for the next level, but I suppose extra seasoning beating up on inferior competition isn't a bad thing.

I got to see him pitch. I'm okay with that :ols:

Its totally fair. They are getting his arm ready for the bigs. Keeping track of his pitch count, pushing him just over 90 tonight.

I know it helps them with his contract to keep him there 2 more weeks. But I want him to get knocked around at least once before coming up....see how he recovers from that. Even in the bigs they are going to pitch count to avoiding burning out the arm.

Through three AAA games, he still has a 0.00 ERA. 22 K.

Guy is ridiculous. I feel like I just witnessed what greatness is.

Pretty disgusting.

My favorite pitcher of all time, Nolan Ryan, could fan guys with the best of 'em, but never had the era or stunning W-L record to go along with it. Ryan walked a crapload of guys too.

It remains to be seen what he'll do in the bigs, once the scouting reports and tendencies are out there, but you can't help but believe so far.

Pretty disgusting.

My favorite pitcher of all time, Nolan Ryan, could fan guys with the best of 'em, but never had the era or stunning W-L record to go along with it. Ryan walked a crapload of guys too.

It remains to be seen what he'll do in the bigs, once the scouting reports and tendencies are out there, but you can't help but believe so far.

He walked the most. Also surrendered the most grand slams in MLB history. Most wild pitches. No Cy Youngs. And his average record in a season was 12-11. No offense, hog, but the guy was perhaps the most overrated player in the history of the game.

Archived