Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter - CB Springs released

c4man5282

Why in the World would we want a guy back that spends more time off the field than on?

No question he was the top CB on the team in his time here, and a damn fine one league wide at that. But that don't mean a hill of beans when his health has you not knowing if he'll be on the field from one week to the next.

That boats sailed. Let it be.

Hail.

Why in the World would we want a guy back that spends more time off the field than on?

No question he was the top CB on the team in his time here, and a damn fine one league wide at that. But that don't mean a hill of beans when his health has you not knowing if he'll be on the field from one week to the next.

That boats sailed. Let it be.

Hail.

but he was with the team when he supposedly had our bad conditioning staff here. now we have new ones. maybe they can help him stay healthy all year.

No. Absolutely not.

'no' as in last year, or in general?

springs was excellent when he was on the field here. in fact, one website had him ranked the best CB in the league over a 5 year span since his first year here. (yes, better than that #24 fella)

springs was excellent when he was on the field here. in fact, one website had him ranked the best CB in the league over a 5 year span since his first year here. (yes, better than that #24 fella)

Boy, I'd love to see how this website justified that.

Eh, for the veteran minimum and a move to free safety, it would be OK. A lot of great corners moved to free safety late in their careers and still found success- Aeneas Williams and Rod Woodson definitely come to mind. I am not saying Springs will find that same success, but it could happen.

I would not be fine with giving Springs a guaranteed roster spot however- he would have to earn it like everyone else.

You know, I believe that stat, or at least that by some metrics he was. But that has no place in a conversation about whether he would be better than Los right now, which is what I was saying. Or probably last year, as well.

Archived