Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

[ESPN] The Big Question: Replacing Haynesworth

honejc

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/the-big-question-51810

What would the Redskins’ defensive line look like without Albert Haynesworth?

Haynesworth doesn’t want to play in a 3-4 scheme, which is exactly what is being implemented in Washington as we speak. It still remains a real possibility that the Redskins will move their star defensive lineman. If that happens -- and no defensive players are received in the deal -- who will line up in the Redskins’ front three and what will be the impact of his departure?

There isn’t a more disruptive player in the league than Haynesworth when he is on his game and he is capable of doing more or less whatever he wants on a football field. If motivated, he could be a fantastic nose tackle, or better yet, a 3-4 end for Washington. But enough about his abilities. For the sake of this piece, Haynesworth is elsewhere.

At nose tackle, the Redskins were shrewd in signing Maake Kemoeatu. Health could be a concern, but he is custom-made to man the nose in this scheme with his bulk, power and run-stuffing abilities. Still, the fact that Kemoeatu missed all of 2009 with an Achilles tendon injury has to give you pause. I am not a doctor, but I am guessing that his extreme mass puts a lot of stress on a recovering Achilles and this injury surely hasn’t helped this massive human being’s conditioning in the meantime.

link for rest of the article.

*Note: this article is to mainly show the options we have for our DLINE if AH is not present for any reason during the season. so all AH bashers, this thread does not welcome you

Oh also, this is a little bit of :beatdeadhorse:, don't you think?:)

yes it is, however what i gathered from this article was more applicable in the case of the discussion of potential depth of the dline.

it is not an article focused on AH, but one focused on the absence of AH. i found it an interesting read

'K. I'm not a fan of the fat man. Never was, as good a player as he is on his day. I put up a thread questioning whether he was truly worth the mega bucks prior to signing him, (http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=277960); and his overall attitude through his time here hasn't endeared me to him any further.

But this amateur journalism **** needs to stop.

Has Coach Mike put him on the trading block? Have I missed something here? Love him or hate him, Albert Haynesworth's a Washington Redskin, with nothing to suggest at this present time that's gona' change going into the 2010 season.

Seriously, these speculation pieces need to cease. Report the facts. Heck, give your own opinion on those facts, it's a free country. But please, stop with all the other, speculating B/S.

Hail.

yes it is, however what i gathered from this article was more applicable in the case of the discussion of potential depth of the dline.

it is not an article focused on AH, but one focused on the absence of AH. i found it an interesting read

Ok thanks for getting rid of my first question and only answering my second question.:pfft:

Ok thanks for getting rid of my first question and only answering my second question.:pfft:

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt." :P

idk about big K

* For the sake of this piece, Haynesworth is elsewhere. *

For the sake of this reply, all the sports mediots have agreed to stop writing stupid, fact-free articles about the Redskins' nonexistent plans to trade Haynesworth.

I think it was just a speculative piece, not intended to be taken seriously. Although discussing something hypothetically in such detail likely tells us that they are taking the possibility seriously, which is almost entirely speculative.

We're in the headlines even when the headlines acknowledge that they're made up.

This is what happens during the Offseason when the long-reigning Offseason Champs decide to quietly go about retooling the organization instead of signing 38 year-old FAs to expensive 10 year contracts. :silly:

This is what happens during the Offseason when the long-reigning Offseason Champs decide to quietly go about retooling the organization instead of signing 38 year-old FAs to expensive 10 year contracts. :silly:

But we DID make a lot of big moves. McNabb, Parker, Johnson, possibly Westbrook? I mean, why the massive focus on Haynesworth? Hell, I've got very strong views on it posted all over this board, but it's old now. Let's just see how it plays out.

To literally make something up is milking a dead cow.

I got the impression that the basic premise of this article is that the Redskins are severely screwed if they trade Haynesworth and go with the DLinemen they currently have. So, like it or not, Haynesworth must stay in Washington whether he's attending voluntary team stuff or not.

At the end of the article:

"Trust me, I am not a believer in keeping unmotivated players who do not want to be with the team. And in the 3-4, you can often get by with tough, try-hard guys who do their job without a lot of fanfare. But if Haynesworth leaves town, the Redskins’ defensive line looks pretty atrocious to me."

Maake's health is a concern imo with a man that size and the type of injury and needing his services possibly in the NT position. He may like some drive/power wit a bad wheel. Hopefully he has recovered well and is farther along than the norm.

... these speculation pieces need to cease. Report the facts. Heck, give your own opinion on those facts, it's a free country. But please, stop with all the other, speculating B/S.

Hail.

I'm surprised that Snyder hasn't yet been accused of "spinning a story" by surreptitiously letting Big Al hang out o' town to keep the Skins on the front burner

I understand why Haynesworth is upset. He had other 100M offers and he chose this place for intangibles: 4-3 defense and the thought the team was closer than TB. Now, just after a year, they changed it on him.

AH didn't sign up for this. I think he should take some heat, but he is upset that a scheme he never wanted to be a part of and probably made it known that he didn't want it to be a part of when he signed, is now being instituted a year after he signed. Makes total sense. If I was the premiere Defensive player in the league and they switched on me after getting assurances a year earlier, I would be upset too. Maybe after 30 million dollars he should be more team oriented, but he isnt without a point.

Archived