Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: McNabb wants to end career in Washington

authentic

click for the rest

He was on with the Sports Junkies during his radio tour to promote high blood pressure awareness, and John Auville put it to him bluntly.

"I bought my kid an $80 Donovan McNabb jersey," he said. "I don't want that to be in the clearance rack in like a year."

"I feel your excitement, and I'm right behind you," McNabb said. "I look forward to being able to extend my contract and hopefully end my career here. And at this particular point, obviously there's some writing in the contract of when you'd be able to do that, but things will happen. Things will happen. And we will take our steps when the time comes and be able to handle that situation.

"You know, obviously can't communicate [about] contracts, but I look forward to getting that done. The team looks forward to getting it done. So your $80 jersey won't go to waste. I will be in Washington. And your son will wear it proudly, and we'll get you one as well."

Sure, it's just a radio interview promoting high blood pressure awareness, but that didn't seem very equivocal. McNabb also said he and Albert Haynesworth continue to exchange text messages, and he refused to take any offered bait about the previous front-office situation in Washington.

"You know, I think a lot of times, what I went through in Philly, people may look [from] the outside at a negative aspect of things," he said. "I look at this organization, with ownership, with a let's win now mentality, and I think when you bring in a head coach that's had that type of success, and bringing in a veteran quarterback and a veteran wide receiver, and having some experience in key positions, I think it displays the type of approach which they're trying to bring.

"I was very excited when the trade happened. Obviously there were some other teams that I wouldn't have minded going to, the Buffalos and Oaklands, but when it was told to me that Washington made the trade and things were kind of in hand, I was excited. And that was part of the reason why when I flew in, to stay a couple weeks and work with these guys and communicate with them in the locker room."

Oh, and this:

"I look at this organization, with ownership, with a let's win now mentality, and I think when you bring in a head coach that's had that type of success, and bringing in a veteran quarterback and a veteran wide receiver, and having some experience in key positions, I think it displays the type of approach which they're trying to bring."

Um...a veteran wide receiver? His he getting giddy over Joey Galloway? lol

Um...a veteran wide receiver? His he getting giddy over Joey Galloway? lol

Yeah, I noticed that... I was like, huh?

And the fact that he concentrates on his contract so much in the discussion it just feels like he's trying to get the F.O. to give him a fat extension.... who wouldn't want to end their career with guarantee'd Dan Snyder $?

Yeah, I noticed that... I was like, huh?

And the fact that he concentrates on his contract so much in the discussion it just feels like he's trying to get the F.O. to give him a fat extension.... who wouldn't want to end their career with guarantee'd Dan Snyder $?

Uhh....this was a small bit to a larger interview that wasn't really about football. He was ASKED about his contract, and was reassuring the interviewer.

He just wants a big contract. After his last two games, I say wait until after the season to see how McPOS plays and how badly he chokes before we waste any money on an old QB who could never get it done.

Thanks for your incredible optimistic insight hitman...

...not that I'm completely sold he's the saviour of the glory years, but it will be interesting to see what he can do when the defense doesn't know that 81.3% of the plays called are passing...

...anybody else tired of :beatdeadhorse:?...man I'm so ready for the season...

He just wants a big contract. After his last two games, I say wait until after the season to see how McPOS plays and how badly he chokes before we waste any money on an old QB who could never get it done.

This is kind of a weird post.

As much as I have hated McFlabb over the years, he has been getting it done for awhile now.

Please explain how he never gets it done, because what I've seen is pretty much a top ten, top 5 in some years QB who has been solid over the duration of his career.

:whoknows:

Thanks for your incredible optimistic insight hitman...

...not that I'm completely sold he's the saviour of the glory years, but it will be interesting to see what he can do when the defense doesn't know that 81.3% of the plays called are passing...

...anybody else tired of :beatdeadhorse:?...man I'm so ready for the season...

Just realistic. He is business posturing. The only reason he wanted to come to Washington is that he didnt want to go to Buffalo or Oakland. If he really thought he was good and durable, he would test FA. He is injury prone and a choker, so he wants a contract that will let him choke without reprecussions until his career is over.

Just realistic. He is business posturing. The only reason he wanted to come to Washington is that he didnt want to go to Buffalo or Oakland. If he really thought he was good and durable, he would test FA. He is injury prone and a choker, so he wants a contract that will let him choke without reprecussions until his career is over.

...? Or he's a guy who's only ever been on one team till now, and the idea of testing FA after this season isn't appealing, as he'd rather have continuity in one place. He came here because he'd work out an extension with us. There's no "posturing" in this interview, the interveiwer asked him about it and he reassured him.

Doug Williams? Why just Doug Williams?

Maybe because he came from another team where he couldn't win the big one and then won here?

Or because he's black. Although I agree that's nothing to base a comparison like that on. As if he couldn't be loved without winning the big one. This isn't Philly people. :doh:

Maybe because he came from another team where he couldn't win the big one and then won here?
I'd like to think that it's just that my friend. Very good.:applause:
Or because he's black. Although I agree that's nothing to base a comparison like that on. As if he couldn't be loved without winning the big one. This isn't Philly people. :doh:
Lets just hope that it was your first guess up top.

And what exactly does this have to do with Albert Haynesworth?

:ols: I know! The WP obviously didn't get the memo, that's all they're supposed to be talking about, even if they don't have any new (or accurate) information!

Archived