Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art

Official game thread: New England at Washington.

Sounds like we're getting better.

Another couple months, we'll be ready for the NFL.

Offense and Defense have steadily improved each quarter, Kickoff team suxs!

Johnson is getting a lot of time to throw the ball. the second teamers on the Skins line are doing a lot better than they did last week when it was a jail break.

I'm not going to say that we're worldbeaters out there, but we have a lot of new blood in key positions. I have faith that the team will come together over the next few weeks on defense.

Special teams is another story, but barker is having a good game today. The penalties are a bit much, but, bellichek's team hasn't exaclty played penalty free football, and bellichek is a heckuva coach.

-DB

the nfl.com guy is confusing the h*** out of me.....

it just said 4th and 1 and sultan didn't make it...lol

and the radio said 1st down...

Offense and defense have steadily improved each quarter? Don't you see how scary that is? The starters left! They're playing against scrubs! It's not a good sign to be playing your best football in the 4th quarter of a preseason game!

3rd down wide receiver screen gets minimal gain

4th down

Barker to punt

nice punt fair catch at the pats 10

Pats 20 skins 10

R.Johnson forces a pass down field after getting away from the rush, he could have run for the first down and gotten out of bounds. well close to the first, better than the result of the next play. 2 yd WR screen.

Barker punt. Another beautiful punt, fair catch on the 10. They should threaten to cut him every week!

Barker looks like the all pro we signed a couple of years ago.

Barker can punt from midfield, it's when he is backed up in the end zone when he shanks one

EM,

New England had starters in throughout the second. They even had several starters in to start the third.

in this case I disagree EM.

even if the Skins trade for Dalton or another DL, they are still going to need L. Jackson, Zellner and perhaps B. Jackson step up and contribute as Noble and Upshaw may not be available.

so, their performances as well as those of Bauman and Pierce, the first guys off the bench at CB and LB ARE important for 2003.

Nice to see Watson and Barker BOTH back from the dead, at least until Barker shanks his next punt.