Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brad Banks

skinsfan913

He should quit fooling himself right now. If he really wants to play football he should try the Canadian or Arena leagues first. Dude got 0 interest coming out of college, and obviously needs to prove somewhere that he can play professional football before anybody else gives him a serious look. If not get a real job like the rest of us.

He needs to quit kidding himself about playing QB in the NFL at 5'8" with bad mechanics. Flutie's a special player, but even he's had his share of problems.

Banks is an athlete and can have a career like Brian Mitchell if he works at it. But now's the time.

I agree, I think Banks has an outside shot as a return man and third down player if he can make the transition to a spot where you have to show durability.

that was the big problem for Crouch in St. Louis. He had the speed and the intelligence to learn the WR position, what he was was unused to being hit on each play by LBs and DBs the way he was, and his body started to break down.

That is what made him lose his confidence.

Banks seems to be a somewhat tougher guy.

I agree though that if Wuerffel is generally considered to have a better arm than Banks, than Brad needs to find another way of making a living other than trying to be an NFL qb :D

Option QBs can succeed in the NFL. Donovan McNabb comes to mind, but of course he posesses the prototypical size.

He still struggles with his accuracy, however. I think if McNabb went to Florida or some other pass-oriented school, he'd be absolutely sick.

That said, I'm damn glad that he went to SU and wouldn't have instructed him to do otherwise. :)

Originally posted by Bang

Apparently, Brad Banks couldn't hit the planet with a pass if you took him up in a helicopter and told him to drop the ball.

~Bang

Dude... that's pretty harsh :laugh:

Funny how most ppl thought he would win the #3 spot over Hamden when he was signed as an undrafted free agent. Now, given all the training camp report, he has fallen in disfavor.

Turns out we signed the wrong guy though. Apparently Seneca Wallace is having a great camp for the Seahawks and they're trying to find ways to get him in the game.

What coulda been!

when you have a 23 year old starting qb you have just made an investment of high draft choice and cash on, I just don't see the need to IMMEDIATELY identify and go out and acquire a #3 to develop :)

if a player comes along in the next draft that drops as Jacobs did to a lower round than his value suggests, then by all means I say acquire him.

but for this offseason the Skins would have been better off IMO looking to solidify the punter's job by taking Groom in the 7th round, instead of losing him as a FA to the Bucs.

Archived