Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should I buy an official Champ Jersey

fuji869

My fellow Redskin Fans, I am in am trying to make a tuff decision regarding Redskin apparel.

An official Champ Bailey Jersey goes for $269 from the NFL Shop, but Just Sports is charging $225.00 for any official jerseys. Plus I belong to the 20/20 Club (pay $20 and get 20% off for the next year) which will bring the jersey price down to $179.99 which is a great deal for an official jersey.

Only problem is will Champ be back? I know his contract is up and I don't want to spend the money on a jersey that will only be good for one season. Mr. Snyder will do what he can to bring him back but if the Skins don't make the playoffs will he want to go to a contender. :deal:

What do you guys think?

Pick up the jersey.

I know you should never say never but Champ will be a Redskin for life.

I picked up the exact jersey you are talking about when Champ was a rookie. Some players you just know won't ever be allowed to hit the market. #24 is the man.

I've always chuckeled at people who are wearing Bobby Hoying jerseys or Dave Brown jerseys. I mean come on.

The Heath Shuler jerseys are the worst of all though. :shoothead

Mr. Snyder will do what he can to bring him back but if the Skins don't make the playoffs will he want to go to a contender. What do you guys think?

I think you don't have to call him 'Mr. Snyder'; you're HIS customer!

Of course, I'm an Eagles fan, so we usually call our owners "$%#@!*" instead of their actual names, so what do I know...

Originally posted by BodyBagGame

I think you don't have to call him 'Mr. Snyder'; you're HIS customer!

Of course, I'm an Eagles fan, so we usually call our owners "$%#@!*" instead of their actual names, so what do I know...

:lol:

I call him Mr. Snyder more out of sarcasm then respect. I started it when I saw the sign outside next to his parking spot at Redskin Park

"This parking spot is reserved for Mr. Snyder"

Thanks for the advice guys! :thumbsup:

I just got a promotion at work with a nice raise and wanted to by myself a nice promotion present.

If he had a long term deal it would be no problem but I was burned in 1987 with a Jay Schroeder jersey $85.00 which was a lot of money for a 15 year old.

I have heard that it will either be him or LaVar that will get the big long term contract and the other will probaly leave. :deal:

What do I think?? I think paying that kind of money for a frickin jersey is INSANE! Just my opinion man, you do what you gotta do;)

As for Champ, I am cautiosuly optimistic that he'll be a Redskin for another four or five years. Snyder's paid everyone else, why not pay Champ. The only thing I can see getting in the way is if this team has another bad year, doesn't make the playoffs and shows little to no improvement over last year's squad. I would blame Champ if he wanted out.

Also, if we don't resign Champ, then I'll be really pissed about the whole BDW fiasco b/c it shows that not only did the FO not have a solid plan in place for the d-line, but that their efforts were wasted b/c in truth so much of that deal had to do with freeing up money for Champ.

Originally posted by fuji869

Thanks for the advice guys! :thumbsup:

I just got a promotion at work with a nice raise and wanted to by myself a nice promotion present.

If he had a long term deal it would be no problem but I was burned in 1987 with a Jay Schroeder jersey $85.00 which was a lot of money for a 15 year old.

I have heard that it will either be him or LaVar that will get the big long term contract and the other will probaly leave. :deal:

Do you still have the Jay Schroeder jersey? Let me know if you want to sell it...

Archived