Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Hopefully the Braves actually get out of the first round this year

LOL

I still remember that long extra inning game where Houston won lol

Clemens coming in as relief

As a Padre fan, I'm not sure how you can laugh at the Braves. Not this year. And certainly not, historically. Think, man.

As a Padre fan, I'm not sure how you can laugh at the Braves. Not this year. And certainly not, historically. Think, man.

Guys

I want to make something clear

I am an Orioles fan who listens to radio all over the country

I am not a Padre fan however I do frequently listen to their radio broadcasts and if I had MLB TV I would most definitely watch Mr Enberg all the time

The reason I wanted the Padres to win was partly because of loyalty to XX 1090 but also the three-way tie that would have happened had Braves lost and Padres won

Edited by ixcuincle

Guys

I want to make something clear

I am an Orioles fan who listens to radio all over the country

I am not a Padre fan however I do frequently listen to their radio broadcasts and if I had MLB TV I would most definitely watch Mr Enberg all the time

The reason I wanted the Padres to win was partly because of loyalty to XX 1090 but also the three-way tie that would have happened had Braves lost and Padres won

The three way tie could only have occurred had both the Braves and Padres won.

If the Redskins hadn't won I'd still be livid about "My Padres" not making playoff

Very disappointing

As I sat with the Redskins game on TV and XX 1090 in background I heard Leitner say that the 10 game losing streak did it for Padres

Keep in mind before then Padres had not lost more than 3 games in a row or some antiquated statistic

That slump ruined Padre season and kept Giants in it

It''ll just be disappointing to wait until March to hear Ted, Andy, and Jerry Coleman (The Doctor) again. "My Padres"

Gmen would have still made the playoffs though. The Booby Cox's would have been eliminated.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I saw this. I like the move IF we can sign him long term. If not, its a horrible move. I think Uggla probably just wanted out of Florida. And I think he and Gonzalez must of had a good relationship. I'm just glad this guy isn't gonna torment us any longer lol.

Didn't the Braves have an all star 2B already?

edit...looks like they are moving Prado to 1b...

I haven't read the article, but I'm sure the Prado to 1B thing is just an idea. They don't really know what to expect from Chipper, coming back from the injury and all. My guess is that Prado will end up spending most of his time at 3B next year. Either Chipper will decide he won't come back, or he will miss alot of time.

If it were me I would probably ask him to move to 1B for his final season. Might allow him stay healthy longer, Plus he's a huge target over there.

It will be interesting how it all works out.

Which catcher had the better year in the NL?

Catcher 1 -

G AB R H 2b 3b HR RBI W K SB CS AVG OPB SLG OPS

143 479 63 129 25 0 21 77 74 98 5 2 .269 . 375 .453 .828

Catcher 2 -

G AB R H 2b 3b HR RBI W K SB CS AVG OPB SLG OPS

108 406 58 124 23 2 18 67 30 55 0 2 .305 .357 .505 .862

Without a doubt, Catcher 1

Based on what?

His 3 more homers?

His Silver Slugger Award.

Also, McCann was personally responsible for the NL winning their first All Star game since the Carter Administration.

And its easy to see how his stats were a little down this year, compared to most years. He had little protection. Chipper was awful for most of the year. And they didn't really have anyone hitting consistently behind him either. That plays a role. And McCann was banged up alot, too. And he had vision problems earlier in the season.

He still had a good year. And, outside of Mauer, he's been the best catcher in baseball the last 4,5 years. That's inarguable.