Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

:(...I got nothin'.

It's so sad but so true. The Nationals are owning them so hard it's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Frenchy is absolutely tearing it UP with the Rangers since the trade. Hit a home run today and he is making a habit in being involved in clutch situations. He's hitting .333 in Texas and has a OBP of .370! :ols:

Edited by royallypwned

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5612433&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

"It's a fair question," Selig said Friday before the St. Louis Cardinals played the Chicago Cubs. "We have less teams than any other sport. Eight teams make the playoffs. One wild card in each league. We certainly haven't abused anything."

He's not afraid of upsetting the purists, who were vocal in their opposition when the sport added the wild card.

"As the guy who brought the wild card and took a lot of abuse -- maybe from nobody in this room -- it's worked out great, nobody's against it," Selig said.

I'd be ok with adding another wild card team in. Considering only 8 of the 30 team make the playoffs, it would at least make things interesting in more cities down the stretch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5612433&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I'd be ok with adding another wild card team in. Considering only 8 of the 30 team make the playoffs, it would at least make things interesting in more cities down the stretch.

I hope they leave it as it is. I don't see a reason to add any teams. Just take the division winners and one wildcard. It waters down the playoffs when alot of teams make the playoffs.

I'd like to add teams and perhaps give greater incentive to winning divisions.

Also, if teams are competing for even ONE wildcard berth, they should balance the schedule. It's especially glaring when one division w/in the league is so stacked and the other is mediocre.

You can't tell me that the Rangers are a better team than the Red Sox, but one just clinched the post-season and the other will be playing golf.

I'd like to add teams and perhaps give greater incentive to winning divisions.

Also, if teams are competing for even ONE wildcard berth, they should balance the schedule. It's especially glaring when one division w/in the league is so stacked and the other is mediocre.

You can't tell me that the Rangers are a better team than the Red Sox, but one just clinched the post-season and the other will be playing golf.

Both have the same record and the Rangers won the season series over the Red Sox 6-4, so Boston can suck it.

yes yes yes YES!!! Magic number = ZERO!

No one going to mention Aroldis Chapman hitting 105 on the gun?
I cannot wait to watch this guy throughout his career. He's gonna be special (at least, I hope so).

Congrats to the Texas Rangers (really, the Washington Senators :pfft:) for winning their division.

I saw him pitch in person yesterday. When the pitch speed came up on the board, lots of people gasped when they saw that it was 100mph. Chris Denorfia still hit off of him and we won the game :)

Both have the same record and the Rangers won the season series over the Red Sox 6-4, so Boston can suck it.

yes yes yes YES!!! Magic number = ZERO!

Look at the strength of schedule. The Yanks and Rays are amazing and Tor has a ton of talent. Boston played then each 18 times. Even my Orioles became tough and nasty the last 2 months of the season.

I agree

However it would be funny if the Braves blew it after their poor start only to seize control and then fall behind "down the stretch"

Would like Padres to somehow make playoff as a wild card or a division leader

See...people have been talking about how Baseball needs to "expand" playoff but **** that, the Padres have something to play for...

If you expand the playoffs you will see teams get lazy and turn it off because they have clinched a spot. I don't want to see that. I want to see 8 and only 8 teams in the playoffs. If you want a playoff spot win your division. The current system gives you extra incentive to whoop other team's butt and get the division championship or a wild card. It's like entry into an elite club. Only the best get in, period. No need to expand the club and let the party crashers in.

For instance, who do you put in as a wild card in the AL if you expand? Boston? Oakland? DETROIT? CHICAGO? Those teams DO NOT deserve to go to the playoffs. This is why this model is successful.

Edited by ixcuincle

Braves lose Prado, had to be helped off field after aggravating oblique strain. Might be the nail in the coffin.

IF, and a big if, they make it, it'll be a 5 game series at best. Too young, too many injuries.

But Freddi G's gonna have a great squad next season.