Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Braves blow first place

Funny how much you hate the Yankees...is it because they dominate you in the postseason

You better hope the Rangers win their first playoff series in franchise history or else

I hate the Yankees just like every other non-Yankee fan hates the Yankees. Yeah, a lot of it has to do with them destroying us in the playoffs in the late 90s when they were in the middle of their dynasty. And yeah, if the Yankees win the AL East, most likely we will be playing them once again. But I'd hate them even if the Rangers had never played them in the playoffs. They are too easy to hate.

I don't see much reason to hate them

Historic championship organization...let's harbor ill will on an organization which had such classy individuals as Derek Jeter, Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig, Roger Maris, etc

Even Ruth and Jackson weren't "classy" but they were still great legends of their time

Not a big hater of Yankees

I don't see much reason to hate them

Historic championship organization...let's harbor ill will on an organization which had such classy individuals as Derek Jeter, Mickey Mantle, Lou Gehrig, Roger Maris, etc

Even Ruth and Jackson weren't "classy" but they were still great legends of their time

Not a big hater of Yankees

I'm a hater of the team, not necessarily individual players. I never said I hated Jeter; in fact, I respect him greatly and think he's an awesome player. However, I will say that I hold much detest for both Teixeira and ARoid.

I'm a hater of the team, not necessarily individual players. I never said I hated Jeter; in fact, I respect him greatly and think he's an awesome player. However, I will say that I hold much detest for both Teixeira and ARoid.

You are cool but I was alarmed that you were mocking Mariano so badly

Guy is one of the best closers of all time

Anyway I'll be back to following baseball tomorrow when all the football takes a break until Saturday

You are cool but I was alarmed that you were mocking Mariano so badly

Guy is one of the best closers of all time

Anyway I'll be back to following baseball tomorrow when all the football takes a break until Saturday

I wasn't mocking Rivera. I was just mocking that the Rangers have owned him this season. And yes, I do realize that Rivera has spent plenty of other seasons doing the opposite and owning us. But not this time around. The Rangers became the first team this season to beat the Yankees when trailing going to the 9th inning. NY was 76-0 before that game.

Rivera's ERA this season is a sparkling 1.36, but if you take away his games against the Rangers the last five weeks, he has a 0.92 ERA. Two of his three losses on the season are vs Texas, and his ERA vs Texas is 5.79. Hopefully that will build some confidence for us since we have done so well against him, seeing as we might be playing the Yankees in the ALDS...once again.

Edited by royallypwned

We rollin rollin rollin. Too bad the Braves can't say the same. It will be completely sad if the Braves miss the playoffs.

I just can't see the Braves missing the postseason.

Btw, not sure if you know or not, but the Rangers visit Atlanta next year. I might have to make it down for that series. Love me some Josh Hamilton.

I just can't see the Braves missing the postseason.

Btw, not sure if you know or not, but the Rangers visit Atlanta next year. I might have to make it down for that series. Love me some Josh Hamilton.

I couldn't see it a couple weeks ago, but I sure could see it now. Braves are walking on thin ice. And yeah, I did notice that the Rangers go to Jawja. That is actually the weekend just before my birthday. So I'll probably go to at least one of those games. I think 2010 is gonna be me and my dad's next baseball road trip. In 2003 we drove to St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Kansas City before coming back home to Dallas. Unfortunately the Twins schedule didn't cooperate so we couldn't go there.

But June 2010 is lining up perfectly to be Atlanta June 17-19, then Miami a few days later, Tampa Bay a few days after that, and then Houston on the way back, where the Rangers would also be playing there at the perfect time.

Joe Torre is stepping down after this season

Bye skip

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/9/17/1694982/joe-torre-steps-down-dodgers-manager-don-mattingly

After giving his future considerable thought over the past several weeks, Dodgers manager Joe Torre has decided that he will step down, to be replaced by Don Mattingly at the end of the season. Reports the LA Times:

Don Mattingly will replace Joe Torre as manager of the Dodgers at the end of the season, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.

An official announcement will be made Friday before the Dodgers' game against the Colorado Rockies.

Mattingly has been the Dodgers hitting coach since the middle of the 2008 season, which was Torre's first with the team. Before that, they were together with the New York Yankees.

Edited by ixcuincle

I'm SICK AND TIRED OF BANDWAGON PIRATES FANS... There were 6 total in my bar TONIGHT!!!! Sure it's awesome to be a Pirates fan when they're 33 games back, but where were you when they were over .500?!?!?! I was still sporting my colors when they were good, now that they're bad, all of these fans are coming out of the closet and dusting off the Pirates memorabilia... Seriously, it's sickening...

I honestly think it's a Reverse bandwagon...