Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

I agree with Gardenhire's move to take Slowey out of the game. He was thinking of the future and not just one game. Slowy had just missed his last start with elbow soreness and he had already thrown 100+ pitches in the game. No point in risking injury just so he could have a chance of pitching a no-no.

Braves close to landing D.Lee. If nothing else, the defensive upgrade over Glaus with be staggering. Glaus can barely walk at this point. Hopefully Lee's back is sorted out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5473305

NO way Glaus goes to 3rd. Wouldn't be surprised if he is released outright to be honest. But I doubt it.

Wouldn't be a bad move for the Braves, they definitely need some offense.

I'm kind of surprised the Phillies didn't try to block Lee from dropping to us in the waiver order. This is the move that will put us over the top. I don't think Glaus will be released I just think he needs an extended time off which we should just go ahead and put him on the DL. Then he can come back healthy for the stretch run.

Braves close to landing D.Lee. If nothing else, the defensive upgrade over Glaus with be staggering. Glaus can barely walk at this point. Hopefully Lee's back is sorted out.

NO way Glaus goes to 3rd. Wouldn't be surprised if he is released outright to be honest. But I doubt it.

As a Braves fan, landing Lee doesn't really get me excited. However, he definitely would be an upgrade, defensively, over Glaus. And with Glaus' knees as they are, he would probably be an upgrade on the offensive side as well. Might be the 3-hole hitter they need to replace Chipper.

And im with ya, not a chance Glaus goes to 3rd. If he can't cut it playing 1B he definitely wouldn't over at 3B. I didn't read the article. But if the guy suggested he might move to third, then he's an idiot.

Wouldn't be a bad move for the Braves, they definitely need some offense.

Funny you say that, coming off a game where they put up a 10 spot. However, I agree with you. It would seem that they need to make a move. The Phils are getting healthier by the day.

But I wonder if Lee would want to go to the Braves? I remember him turning down a trade to the Angels earlier.

But I wonder if Lee would want to go to the Braves? I remember him turning down a trade to the Angels earlier.

From the tweets I have read Lee has already accepted the trade because we are in first place and he wants to play for Bobby Cox before he retires. The only thing holding this up right now is which prospects will be given up and sources say its low level. If we give up someone like Julio Teheran i'll be furious.

Edited by Patrick86L

Funny you say that, coming off a game where they put up a 10 spot. However, I agree with you. It would seem that they need to make a move. The Phils are getting healthier by the day.

I think he would accept a trade to the Braves since they are in a playoff race. The Angles were hanging on for dear life when they were trying to get Lee. So I can see him waiving the no-trade clause.

The only thing holding this up right now is which prospects will be given up and sources say its low level. If we give up someone like Julio Teheran i'll be furious.

David OBrien is reporting that NONE of the top pitching prospects would be given up. This is a salary dump by the Cubs.

And with Glaus' knees as they are, he would probably be an upgrade on the offensive side as well. Might be the 3-hole hitter they need to replace Chipper.

Probably?

Lee has hit .283 w/ 9 HRs, 30 RBIs & .492 slugging % in 47 gms since June 16, went 5-for-11 with 4 HRs in 3-gm series at St. Louis thru Sun.

Glaus has hit .174 w/ 2 HRs, 15 RBI and .265 slugging % in past 46 gms, has .285 OBP in last 45 gms, 6 Ks in last 3 gms

Braves have problems with power pitchers (Look at what second tier guys like Lilly and Billingsley did to us this weekend). With a health does of Doc, Hamels, Oswalt, as well as Josh Johnson coming down the stretch, the Braves need some more pop in the lineup. Can't expect the pitching staff to continue the sub-2.00 ERA they have had thus far this month for the rest of the season.

Well, my Angels are eight games behind the Rangers going into today's action. I haven't given up hope yet but the odds are definitely stacked against us. If the Angels had a healthy Kendry Morales, I would feel better about our chances.
You aren't catching the Rangers, dude.

^ this

Although we are badly slumping right now because the injury bug is nibbling at us. Our lineup today is an absolute joke. No Andrus, no Young, No Cruz, no Kinsler.

Derrek Lee to the Braves is a done deal. We didn't give up any big name prospects and Glaus is going to the DL which is what I was hoping for. Good job by Frank Wren.

I hope Glaus can stay on the roster once he gets off the DL. I've liked having him this year. Its too bad that he can't stay healthy. He carried the Braves offense for a month or so there.

And that's great that we didn't have to give up any top prospects. I don't think Wren gets enough credit. Everyone wanted to bury the guy after he got rid of Glavine, and the way that whole thing transpired. But he did the right thing. He's made very few bad choices in his tenure as GM, imo.

CHICAGO -- Cubs manager Lou Piniella says he is retiring after Sunday's game against the Atlanta Braves. The Cubs quickly named third base coach Mike Quade manager for the rest of the season, starting with Monday's game at Washington.

The rest of the coaching staff would stay for now, the team said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=5483775

I'm sure this will jinx it and the next batter will break it up. BUT the Rangers have no-hit the Twins through 7 innings. Our scrub pitcher Rich Harden walked 5 in 6.2 innings. His pitch count got too high so the manager took him out. The relief pitcher came in to retire the next batter. So Texas is trying to do what the Astros did to the Yankees in 2003.

Now...time for the next Minny batter to get a hit. :ols: