Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are your views on the Patriots.

bleedblue

Blue dont worry about NYC's opinion to much he is after all a jets fan that spends more time on this board then his own teams, And happens to be a :jerkoff:

I think the Pats will be fine this year and have at least 9 wins maybe 10, sweep the Mets I mean Nets or is it the Jets and NYC may never get his head out of his Ashe:D

BTW Blue Welcome to the board:cool: Think the Pats will trade us Klecko for a 4th round pick and maybe one of our Rb's. I really think this kid is going to be a great one with his motor as long as he gets paired with an unmovable partner on the line. I was really hoping we picked up a few extra picks on Draft day and snatched him up.

As I said in the other post, your team has weaknesses on the offensive side of the ball, but still has a strong and well-coached defense. You're squarely amongst the 75% or so of NFL teams who represent the league's "middle class" and who in any given year can go an injury-riddled 5-11 or catch lightening in a bottle and go 12-4 and end up winning it all as you demonstrated two years ago. You happen to have a particularly strong and balanced division, however, which seems to make the teams all finish up within a couple of games of each other.

As a Pats fan, I'd be concerned that Antowain Smith and a weak OL combined to give the Pats the 2nd worst rushing attack in the AFC.

I'd also be worried about the fact that the Pats DL had the 2nd worst rushing defense in the NFL. If you can't run the ball OR stop the run, you're asking for trouble.

I might also be uncomfortable with the fact that an aging Brown, an inconsistent Patten, and an inexperienced Branch comprise one of the weakest WR trios in the league.

I'd probably wonder why, despite a few rookies who will have marginal impact in 2003, the FO's offseason free agency moves failed to adequately address these glaring ssues at the DL, OL, RB or WR positions.

Other than that, the Pats should be fine. ;)

Of the teams the Redskins play this year, the Pats worry me more than most because of the changing defenses Belichek will employ. He'll confuse Ramsey and win the guessing game and it could be an ugly game for us. I think the advantage the Pats have over the rest of your division is you are champs and know what it takes to win.

The other teams aren't and have no real idea. I like the fact that you guys have good veteran starters and a number of young players you are grooming in. If they pan out your future should be solid. I think your coaching staff is innovative and it gives you an advantage against most teams. In the end though, I think Miami is the top team in your division with QB depth to protect against Fiedler getting hurt and the Bills are second, having made some nice moves defensively and having more weapons than you have on offense.

I'd take you over the Jets simply because you guys have shown you know how to win it all and you know what you didn't do last year to repeat. The Jets and their fans seem overjoyed to have finished 9-7 and snuck into the playoffs only to be dispatched with ease, and then they shrug at the losses they've had in the offseason. I also think your talent additions in the offseason give you a talent edge over the Jets now that you've added so many pieces to the defense for Belichek to play with.

If Parcells doesnt' get it done in Dallas, It will show how much the Pats coach was responsible for Parcells past successes. Clearly the Pats running game is the key. IF Smith struggles again and all the pressure is on Brady, they could be in trouble, but if they have a strong running game and can control the clock, they should be ok considering the defensive game planning the Pats coach excels at.

Originally posted by Art

I'd take you over the Jets simply because you guys have shown you know how to win it all and you know what you didn't do last year to repeat. The Jets and their fans seem overjoyed to have finished 9-7 and snuck into the playoffs only to be dispatched with ease, and then they shrug at the losses they've had in the offseason. I also think your talent additions in the offseason give you a talent edge over the Jets now that you've added so many pieces to the defense for Belichek to play with.

I agree!!!

As has been the case the past few years, your division is one of the toughest in football. I could honestly see the Pats being last, first or anything in between within that division, as is the case with most of the teams on there except the Jets (I just don't see them winning that division.) The really interesting one will be the Bills. Their defense is going to be much better and we will get to see how good Spikes really is now that he is out of football hell. And we all know how explosive their offense it. Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills :rolleyes:

Originally posted by bleedblue

The farthest I see the Jets going is 3rd in the division.

agreed.

wrt the pats, it seems very difficult to put your finger on how they will do in the toughest division in the afc. i think anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 is possible though i think about 9-7 is likely.

imo, much depends on whether smith can regain his 2001 form or whether faulk can step up to be a legit starter. i am actually a bit skeptical about both of these items. If neither happens, opponents can really pin their ears back to come after brady and it won't be pretty.

still, you have to admit that belicek is one of the greatest defensive minds in the league and i will be quite scared going up against that defense in the regular season.

My view of the AFC East:

1. Miami 10-6

2. Pats 9-7

3. Bills 7-9

4. Jets 6-10

(though i would attribute some of the jets fall to having to play a first place schedule).

BB,

Flow is a Jets fan. He's a funny Jets fan as well because he'll tell you the Jets are ok at receiver, as an example, but he'll call your running back and receiver position "glaring needs." The reason that's funny is because you guys have Troy Brown, who's caught 97 passes the last year (101 and 83 or something the previous two) and he's matched with a guy who caught 61 passes a year ago (Patten) and the third guy was an exciting rookie a year ago who caught 43 passes a year ago in limited time. Hell, if he played in Dallas he'd be considered a future all-time great :).

Your running back had 1150 some yards two years ago and had almost 1,000 last year and you didn't even really try to run all that consistently. These are your "glaring" needs. Meanwhile, the Jets, he'll tell you, are pretty good with and didn't need to do anything to help them with Conway's 57 catches from last year coupled with Chrebet's 51 catches with Moss and his 30 whoppers in reserve who, like Branch had limited time, though who unlike Branch, wasn't a rookie.

It's this sort of logic that makes you wonder. You guys draft Ty Warren in the first round for your 3-4 defensive line after spending a first rounder a couple of years back on Seymore, who, I think made the Pro Bowl, and you didn't do enough to shore up your line in free agency, but, all they did is lose Martin and Evans and add Robertson to what wasn't a great line a year ago, yet, they did do enough.

The Jets, as a general rule, are a team who's fans should NEVER condemn any other team for failing to act in free agency in the offseason. Unfortunately the Jets have fans that don't appreciate the amusement caused when they do precisely that. But, what can you do?

Archived