Interesting Wait List #'s

Howie411

(2005) Joined Skins waiting list # 171,797

(2006) - Didn't bother to check

(2007) # 153,925

(2008) # 153,453

(2009) didn't bother to check - purchased Obstructed View Seats

(2010) Eligible to purchase general admission season tickets

The Redskins wait list needs to be wiped, redone, started over or something, I doubt its accuracy at all.

It's definitely not accurate. There are probably a ton of doubles on there and multiple names from the same households. Everyone know's our 100,000+ waitlist is a load of bull, but it sounds good so the Redskins organization runs with it. It's all supply and demand. If fans think they're getting a once in a lifetime opputunity to buy season tickets they're more likely too than if there are an abundance available.

It's definitely not accurate. There are probably a ton of doubles on there and multiple names from the same households.

...and there are also quite a few Giants and Cowboy fans on our waiting list for season tickets. When I used to have season tickets I would usually stop by one of those tables where they were giving away something if you signed up for the waiting list. So I would add the names/addresses/email of relatives and co-workers who were Giant and Cowboy fans...I would get my free gift...and they get inundated with all kinds of mail from the Redskins on a regular basis. :pfft:

I haven't had tix for two years and still get bombarded with season ticket mail. My brother still gets mail with ticket offers, and my dad still gets mail as well and he's never been on the waiting list.

Don't be fooled, there is no waiting list--call the ticket office and ask for tickets, and you shall receive. But be warned--season tickets is a big waste. Better off joining a ticket sharing group or buying for individual games.

call the ticket office and ask for tickets, and you shall receive.

I'd love to see someone attempt just that bc I think you’re probably right.

Though I doubt it would be quite that easy.

You'd probably have to wait till later in the offseason, like June or July.

It would probably take a few minutes on hold, a couple of transfers, a voicemail, and then a call back. You'd then have to explain to a supervisor that you've been on the waitlist for years and it's unfortunate that they've lost your info, but you really want the seats. (the waitlist part would have to be bs to properly conduct this experiment)

You would also have to be a serious customer who actually intends to buy the tix. Having a credit card handy also wouldn't hurt. Then you might just get your GA STs w/ out a wait. But why go through the hassle?:silly:

I know both my father and I were both on the list. His name came up but he couldn't swing the tickets at the time so I took his letter and purchased them myself (we have the same name). So now I have tickets but I'm still on the wait list under my actual sign-up.

My wife is on the list, and she just got the mailer saying she could buy season tickets, send in the $100 deposit, etc.

They must not realize it's the same address as mine, and we canceled our season tix last year. Oh yeah, they still ask me if I want tickets, too. I'm not even on the list anymore.

Who cares about the wait list? :beatdeadhorse: Its just something for people to ***** about LOL This team has had more serious issues over the past 10 years. Also I get emails every year even though I have tickets..and have for umm 32+ years

• 1 month later...

Don't be fooled, there is no waiting list--call the ticket office and ask for tickets, and you shall receive. But be warned--season tickets is a big waste. Better off joining a ticket sharing group or buying for individual games.

I think you're right. Although I'm technically on the "waiting list," if my number were called to buy gen admission seats, I highly doubt I'd do it. And I'm sure there are many others who also wouldn't.

With a busy family life and work life, there's no way I'd be able to make it to all the games. And I'd have to have some assurances that I'd recoup the money for me to consider it.

I'd rather just do what I do now, which is cherry-pick a game or two per season that I really want to go to, and get my hands on some tickets for those games one way or another. It's much less of a financial and time commitment.

I signed up for the waiting list late in 2008 and got a call early 2009. Pretty sure it doesn't exist, especially if you just call and request them. I knew I wasn't able to make every game, and after doing the math I figured that buying the season tickets and reselling them on stub hub will actually lose me money. I think it's more efficient to buy them second hand unless you can make it to almost every game (and maybe sell one or more of the division games for a premium).

I have 4 tickets in the 27th row of the upper deck. Two people in my office for a total of 4 tickets upstairs and 2 tickets downstairs are not renewing. If I do not move this year I am done.

If you wanted an odd number of tickets you will get better seats. I had 2 tickets in row 27 in sections 439. I requested 3 seats and moved down to row three immediately. Last year I was upgraded to row 12 in sections 112.

...and there are also quite a few Giants and Cowboy fans on our waiting list for season tickets. When I used to have season tickets I would usually stop by one of those tables where they were giving away something if you signed up for the waiting list. So I would add the names/addresses/email of relatives and co-workers who were Giant and Cowboy fans...I would get my free gift...and they get inundated with all kinds of mail from the Redskins on a regular basis. :pfft:

Hahaha, that's got to be the reason why the list is so hi. I go to games a vendor yells "hey get you're free redskin towel" I say I want one sighn up and get my free towel. On my way to my seat I hear "get your free beat Dallas shirt" and I'm like hell yeah I want one, sighn the paper work and get my shirt. At training camp last year I hear "sighn up for you're free Bank of America account and get a free Redskin training camp shirt" sighn the paper and get my shirt.

My friends do the same, which probably explains all the letters we get in the mail...:laugh: So, is it bad to want free Redskin stuff? I say no.

I signed up over ten years ago. I called five years back and they claimed there was no record with my information. I signed up again in 2005. No word. I get the e-mails for available tickets when they're not sold out. I have called twice about season tickets and all they would offer me are Club Seats. Then I hear on ES all the time that regular ticket holders continue to be asked if they want to buy more tickets. Makes no sense... I'll stick to buying individual games from season ticket holders for less.

Archived