Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Revised Predictions?

Reaganaut

Prior to the season, I had them down for 10-6 based on better special teams play, Coles, and Ramsey's second year. After watching all phases of the game look very poor against Carolina, I have a hard time believing we will beat any NFC East team this year. I am revising my prediction to 8-8 for the season as the best we can do. These guys wont be ready for prime time until half of the season is over.

Originally posted by Reaganaut

After watching all phases of the game look very poor against Carolina, I have a hard time believing we will beat any NFC East team this year.

You STILL believe that after the Arizona Cardinals beat the Cowboys last night 13-0?

I'll have to wait on changing any predictions until after all the preseason games. One horrible game does not the season make. Panthers, for some reason, were VERY fired up (Stephen Davis) and the Skins looked like they were still in training camp mode. Very bad game but not enough to ruin ALL my thoughts just yet.

Now 2 more games like that and I'll be pretty upset and changing predictions.

I'll get to see them in person against the Ravens so that will be a good barometer for me.

:pint:

First of all, fun as it may be, anyone who predicts the season record at this early stage is simply guessing. We don't know enough to make even educated guesses at this point. Just guesses.

Secondly, anyone who DOES guess ... and then changes that guess after the first preseason game, will likely be changing that guess after each and every game of the season, both preseason and regular season. So why bother?

I guess you didnt watch the giants if we are going to base the records on 1 preason performance. 1 interception, 1 fumble, no points by the first team if I remember correctly. So we ought to beat them :)

But seriously the logic is a bit wacky. Does everyone on the board think that the Rams and Raiders are only gonna scoe 6/7 points a game?

:D

Ryan

Archived