Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Russel Okung pulls Groin can't complete combine drills

Veretax

The guy is injury prone and way too stiff ... forget him.

Injury prone? lol

The guy started like 40 straight games at LT without any injury problems. Now he tweaks his groin at the combine (tweaks, etc happen to lots of guys...Rak tweaked his hammy...I guess we should have passed on him) and suddenly he is injury prone.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Just saw this on PFT which appeared earlier... apparently Okung didn't want to stop the drills either.

Okung wanted to keep going

Posted by Mike Florio on February 28, 2010 4:41 PM ET

In response to the news that Oklahoma State lineman Russel Okung didn't finish his Scouting Combine workout due to an injury, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Okung wanted to continue.

Per the source, trainers directed Okung not to finish the workout.

Though we've never caught wind of liability concerns regarding the Combine drills, we can understand why the powers-that-be would pull the plug on a guy who could do more damage to himself -- and thus harm his draft stock -- by working out while injured.

We're told it's a minor tweak to the groin, and that it should not affect Okung's pre-draft preparations.

So sounds like the guy has some heart after all.

I'm old enough to be your Father ... show some respect Mr. Tim.

BTW, Bulaga is a much better prospect ... Okung has bust written all over him.

Also, a very cool thing is Bulaga is just 20 years old......a lot of room to improve, a high ceiling to gorw if I dare say

I'm old enough to be your Father ... show some respect Mr. Tim.

BTW, Bulaga is a much better prospect ... Okung has bust written all over him.

Oh come on, I think we've shared enogh jabs to both see we're a bit seasoned at this stuff. No need for hard feelings. It was just a joke.

* Grade I Groin Strain: Mild discomfort, often no disability. Usually does not limit activity.

* Grade II Groin Strain: Moderate discomfort, can limit ability to perform activities such as running and jumping. May have moderate swelling and bruising associated.

* Grade III Groin Strain: Severe injury that can cause pain with walking. Often patients complain of muscle spasm, swelling, and significant bruising.

Well this is a great sign. Orakpo pulled a hamstring last year and was unable to do the drills after he ran the 40yd dash. So if we're looking for draft signs and similarities this is definitely a sign for us to draft him at #4. If it were a game you know he'd suit up , but he's just protecting his draft status by not competing like Orakpo did.

Archived