Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

just incase you didn't notice the 1st time....

Coach Williams

I HAVE JUST NOW DISCOVERED THE SECRET TO THE FUN AND GUN OFFENSE!

practice great.........play bad in preseason.......and in the regular season when the teams have to play against for real they have no idea what our offense is supposed to do...therefore they can't practice against us!!!!!....we suprise them with crisp execution and elite defense preformances and streak undefeated to the super bowl.

......................:rotflmao: :pint: :rotflmao: ...............................

We can only hope :).

Tonight from the radio reports it didn't sound like the Fun and Gun was really on display. From the television we discovered Spurrier wasn't even calling the plays at least in the second half as Jackson was.

We certainly didn't give much away tonight from what I can gather and that's an odd positive to take from this :).

I disagree, getting schooled in the 1st quarter be Davis should by a wake up call, we play a lot of potent running attacks this year, there is no reason to beleive that if this were a real game, that we could have controled Davis.

Last year Spurrier (and even Lewis) had to get the team to buy into their systems as early as possible. There was trust that needed to be built between coach and players, and so playing well in the preseason meant more IMO. Playing starters longer in the early games seemed necessary.

I don't think the systems are an issue this year. It's as Art has stated very well already...execution. I thought that was already the focus in training camp.

remember...last year most of the success came in the second half. the starters were consistently throttled in a harbinger of things to come. yes, it's way too early to panic. but preseason results are meaningful - pure talent does surface, it does assert itself, it does make plays. we weren't making plays last night. that is what is worrisome. let's hope when all the pieces are in place that last night becomes a meaningless aberration.

Archived