Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread: Washington at Carolina.

Art

art....leave my panties out of it!...what we saw at DT is what you get for the rest of the year barring other moves....Noble was a nobody on a horrible dallas defense last year and the other guy was not a starter for Miamii. this is what we have cuz, as you well know and argued during the offseason, the dumb*asses in the front office haven't drafted d-line in a long, long time. I agree....there will be improvement when upshaw/smith/wynn are all in there togetehr. however, my logic stands: we have no DTs and good O coordinators will exploit this all season long.

Originally posted by rdogblue

Tom and Flow are probably laughing right now

Its easy to laugh in the preseason. It just doesnt mean much though. The first half of the third game is about the only feel you get for how your team might do in a real game. I think the Skins are going to have a tough time on D this year, but I dont think this performance proves it. I doubt the Skins tried to gameplan to stop this O.

The Cowboys are going to play in one hour and, while I want to see individual players do some good things, I'm not worried about how the team does.

I bet S. Davis is going to sleep well tonight though.

26 yd punt:doh:

Come on Waiver wire.

1st and 10

Naked bootleg for 12 yds by Delohmme (sp)

1st and 10 at the skins 25

Delhomme falls down gets up and throws it away

2nd and 10 at 25

Brown up the gut for 3 yds.

3rd and 7 at the 22

Pass complete fumble Pierce forces fumble Lot recovers

Originally posted by fansince62

True....it's early....but it's kinda of like last season when we all knew the mery-go-round on the O-line was going to spell disaster.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Yeah it's preseason, the games don't count, game planning doesn't happen, the plays are vanilla, etc., etc., etc.. It just doesn't matter, the Skins still need to execute plays with precision.

Originally posted by skinsanity56

relax guys.last yr we were superbowl champs after 1 gm,now were total chumps....

I get it... so the worse we suck in preseason, the better our season will be. :cheers:

Well, Superbowl here we come ! !:jump: :jump: :jump:

Antonio Pierce just forced his second fumble of the first half.

Bernard Jackson looks decent at DT.

Lott has been active at S after replacing Bowen.

There are some positives out there for a young team trying to get to 10 wins and the playoffs :)

I think the DTs will come around.

More worrisome to me long-term are Barker and guys like Flemister who the team continues to count on and who continue to disappoint time after time :(

I think being concerned about our run defense is premature. Noble can be a run stopper. If we can stop the pass with our secondary, which we appear to be doing splendidly, we should be okay.

If we keep the opposing team out of the endzone and generate turnovers I'm not going to be worried too much about our D.

-DB

Archived