Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread: Washington at Carolina.

Art

Johnson throws running away. When he throws, he turns away on his follow through. He doesn't step into a pass.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that his on his INT,,, the guy who batted the ball.. RJ threw the ball RIGHT INTO HIS FACE.

How the HELL do you throw the ball right into a man's face and not see hm there?

~Bang

art....not drawing conclusions. you could infer from day one from the newspapers, posts on this board, and knowledge of these two guys that this DT solution is stopgap only. common - I was arguiing this long before this preseason game. these are not the level of talent you need to win against the better NFL teams. the point stands independent of what happens in the game. sure....I'll wait and prey for better like everyone else. but, like many of you, I have been watching for decades and you can tell almost instinctively when the potential is there.

right now....my hope is that all the potential in the offense is realized. once the defense comes together, it will be a bend, but don't break variety at its best. we are going to need a dominating offense to control games.

May has an excellent point. We are running short stuff today. Spurrier seems to have the offense under wraps because this isn't the sort of offense he's going to run during the season if things are going the way he wants them. He wants to go deep but today he's really just kept things under 10 yards except for that big pass to Coles.

R Johnson back to pass throws towards Russell and the ball hits him in the back

2nd and 10 Sultn Mac goes for now gain on the draw play too much penetration by defense

3rd and 10

Deep pass by R Johnson caught by S Cloman and he just got injured D@mn!! 35 yds

I agree with Art. I think Spurrier learned from his first season. He knows now you don't open it up in the preseason and show all of your hand. He went out with wreckless abandon last preseason and did whatever had to be done to win. It sounds like he has pulled in the reigns this preseason. I am sure you will see a lot more from the Redskins offense in the regular season.

Archived