Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it bad as a scientist to mess with people?

daveakl

So I work at the Natural History Museum in the research section and this group came in working on a "Flat Stanley" project. Usually I do not screw around with people but this one joker came in with a "In Gus we Trust" shirt on and some Redskins color Jams on. Knowing this guy was probably some internet warrior I figured why not get a little revenge.

I went into the back room and took out a petrified turd from a large rhino we had and came back out telling him it was the Lorton Meteor. He totally thought I was serious and asked to hold it. I told him he had to wear "special" gloves and went into the back to grab some that we had recently used to extract fresh rhino dung to compare to the petrified turd. I turned them inside out (so the dung was now on the inside) and told him it was a "powder" that would make the gloves easier to get remove.

This loser was so excited that I decided to bring out a piece of burned meatloaf my wife had made me for lunch and told him that was a piece of Mars. Again he totally bought it.

He then went on to tell me about how he always wanted to be a scientist and that the natural world amazed him and some other crap before going off on some tangent about the Redskins and how Tom Brady is a lesser QB then JC and is abortion really an abomination. I mean for real.

Not really, more of a practical joker.

I mean seriously? "In Gus we Trust" and Jams? Nice outfit loser!

I was just teasing. I'm sure it was fun to mess with him.

Yea, its a little messed up though, you have to admit, right?

I mean, if I go into the Natural History Museum and you handed me a petrified turd, you could tell me it was almost anything and I'd believe you.

Funny post. :ols: Wait til he sees this.
Seriously. This guy is guaranteed to be a member here, and he will find this thread, and then he will hunt you down. He knows what you look like, where you work, and he will get you when you least expect it ... :ninja:

Now excuse me, I have to go wash my hands.

I was just teasing. I'm sure it was fun to mess with him.

Yea, its a little messed up though, you have to admit, right?

I mean, if I go into the Natural History Museum and you handed me a petrified turd, you could tell me it was almost anything and I'd believe you.

Thats the best part of my job. Making up random stuff that people totally buy is awesome.

:ols: meet burgold

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?p=7273198&posted=1#post7273198

OMG, please be true...

Edit: No NO NOOOO daveakl it would have been the funniest thing in the world if you kept the post up. This would have been the best thread of 2010.

Agree. Holy crap (no pun intended) if it was a joke you came up with after reading Burgold's post, that's the post of the week. If it's TRUE, that's the post of the DECADE.

REPOST the OP.

I'm really curious. Someone spill the beans! PM if necessary.
No big secret.
So I work at the Natural History Museum in the research section and this group came in working on a "Flat Stanley" project. Usually I do not screw around with people but this one joker came in with a "In Gus we Trust" shirt on and some Redskins color Jams on. Knowing this guy was probably some internet warrior I figured why not get a little revenge.

I went into the back room and took out a petrified turd from a large rhino we had and came back out telling him it was the Lorton Meteor. He totally thought I was serious and asked to hold it. I told him he had to wear "special" gloves and went into the back to grab some that we had recently used to extract fresh rhino dung to compare to the petrified turd. I turned them inside out (so the dung was now on the inside) and told him it was a "powder" that would make the gloves easier to get remove.

This loser was so excited that I decided to bring out a piece of burned meatloaf my wife had made me for lunch and told him that was a piece of Mars. Again he totally bought it.

He then went on to tell me about how he always wanted to be a scientist and that the natural world amazed him and some other crap before going off on some tangent about the Redskins and how Tom Brady is a lesser QB then JC and is abortion really an abomination. I mean for real.

I think daveakl gave up on it too quickly. You could have gotten in on the joke and kept it going.

Archived