Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles bring in Dick Jauron to be secondary coach

Big Weirdo

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/02/eagles-hire-jauron-to-be-secondary-coach/

The Eagles have hired Dick Jauron to coach their secondary, according to a league source.

Jauron was fired as the Bills’ coach in November after three-plus seasons, and he also served as the Bears’ coach for five seasons (1999-2003). Jauron worked with Eagles coach Andy Reid in Green Bay (1992-94) and becomes the latest member of Buffalo’s former coaching staff to catch on with another team this offseason.

Jauron replaces Brian Stewart, who left the Eagles to become the defensive coordinator at the University of Houston

Good hire by the Eagles. Despite his shortcomings as a HC, Jauron does know defense.

Had we not decided to go the 3-4/4-3 hybrid route, I would have actually loved to see him here as our DC.

I like the hire a lot. My hope is that he gives McDermott some pointers while he's at it. If McD can't cut the mustard then move Jauron to the DC spot. That would be sweet.

I like the hire a lot. My hope is that he gives McDermott some pointers while he's at it. If McD can't cut the mustard then move Jauron to the DC spot. That would be sweet.

You like this move for the exact reasons I don't like it. I thought the Eagles D last year really missed JJ (probably a top 2 D coach of the last 20 years) especially towards the end of the season when teams got to play the Eagles again and could tell what blitzes were coming.

Why couldn't he go somewhere outside of the NFCE. I think that this is a great signing by the Eagles.

He and Reid coached together in Green Bay and are good friends outside of football. One thing I will say that is nice about Reid. He has a lot of talented friends who can't head coach (just like himself!)

The Eagles have aggressively improved their coaching staff since the season ended. I think Reid recognized that the losses of Harbaugh, Spagnuolo, and Johnson took their tolls on the defense and special teams. On the flip side, those aggressive improvements both came from Buffalo.

The Eagles have aggressively improved their coaching staff since the season ended. I think Reid recognized that the losses of Harbaugh, Spagnuolo, and Johnson took their tolls on the defense and special teams. On the flip side, those aggressive improvements both came from Buffalo.

Jauron does not have head coaching abilities but he does know defense. I like him on the coaching staff, a lot, actually.

Jauron does not have head coaching abilities but he does know defense. I like him on the coaching staff, a lot, actually.

Me too, I was just trying to play devil's advocate. I felt the same way when Morningwhig had been shamed as a HC in Detroit and was hired as third-tier assistant with us. Having assistants with head coaching experience is a good thing. The more administrative support, the better.

Archived