Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just an idea...

JoeSkins

I doubt you guys would like it at all, but why not experiment with the Jaguar organization over a trade for Bryon Leftwich. You all have to admit that he is going to be an extremely talented QB, probably better than Ramsey. He and the Jags have yet to reach and agreement, sho no one knows how it will play out. It is sort of like last year's Ramsey holdout. Could we be the Bears?

Sorry, But Ramsey or not, I'm not a Leftwich fan. Ramsey is already here, he knows the system, making a trade for Leftwitch is a step backwards. What does Leftwitch have that Ramsey doesnt?? Oh, he's taller... other than that, nothing. Ramsey has as strong an arm as anyone, a quicker release than 98% of the current nfl qb's and I've seen Jaworski break down Leftwitch's mechanics which are not good, if you ask me, he's a bust in the making.

Why do I say I hope he is kidding?

Hmmmmm, let me think for a moment.

1) We have a starting QB - it has yet to be shown if PR can be all we can hope he can be, but at this point he is more developed than Leftwich. He has also shown he can take a hit, some people questions Leftwich's durability.

2) The 6th pick in the nfl draft Jonathan Sullivan signed a 7 year contract with a bonus of probably around 8mil (terms are still unclosed) A bit too much to spend on an unproven backup wouldn't you say?

3) what should we trade to get him?

4) I cannot believe I am wasting my time discussing this :puke:

I'm on the Leftwich bandwagon. I think he is going to be a great QB. but no way can we afford him or the QB controversy that would follow next year. Even if neither was true he would not be ready to help us this year so no. Not a good idea. Bring in some depth for the D line and use what cash is left to sign Champ.

easy answer ...nope

we NEED another DT so in my mind I would easily trade a surplus RB for a serviceable DT.

can anyone say DeLoach? thats what Danny noodle arm cost us....

I think we got the worst of that one....

why do some have it in their minds that it is beneficial to stockpile talent at one particular position and then let others go wanting? :)

trying to upgrade from Ramsey or to provide another young blue chip arm is silly given where the team is at other spots such as DT, DE, S, TE and others.

what we need to do is continue to use resources to complement Ramsey, Coles, Bailey, Arrington, Samuels, etc.......NOT find additional ways to stockpile players behind them at the same spots.

Originally posted by codeorama

Sorry, But Ramsey or not, I'm not a Leftwich fan. Ramsey is already here, he knows the system, making a trade for Leftwitch is a step backwards. What does Leftwitch have that Ramsey doesnt?? Oh, he's taller... other than that, nothing. Ramsey has as strong an arm as anyone, a quicker release than 98% of the current nfl qb's and I've seen Jaworski break down Leftwitch's mechanics which are not good, if you ask me, he's a bust in the making.

I don't know that Jaworski was the most mechanically sound QB in the league when he was here. Leftwich would be just as adept at running the Fun N Gun as any former Florida QB would. Marshall and Florida ran the same offense, although Marshall utilized the shot gun more than Florida (something Spurrier wasn't too keen on). Leftwich would make one helluva QB in Spurrier's O - - and if someone is questioning his toughness, they don't know football.

I have never understood why the grass always appears greener on the other side. Ramsey has the potential to be a Franchise QB, much like Leftwich. Why trade one for the other?

Let's wait on finding Ramsey's replacement until we actually get an idea what we have in Ramsey. Wouldn't it be rather foolish to trade for Leftwich, which would be close to impossible for the reasons stated above, and then have Ramsey make the probowl? Great... one "potential" franchise QB backing up another.

Archived