Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do skins fans think about bringing in Peppers?

Dallascrushers

I didn't see this post anywhere and if I missed it sorry guys. I just want to see what people think since Carolina will probably let him go because he will be costing them over 20 million dollars to franchise tag him because he is up for like a 20 percent raise. I don't know how he would fit in if we switched to a 3-4 defense. Let me know what you guys think.

I dunno, just sounds like a vinny move. but if our LBs looked like: Orakpo, Rocky, London, and Peppers/Dansby then it would be nice. Still need an NT. that could also be a stopgap solution with Wilfork or Hampton, doubtful that both get slapped with the tag. However, I vote for building the O-line almost entirely with the draft.

The symbolism would be horrible. He'd be seen as another four star, aging vet blue chipper on a Danny spending spree.

who cares what the media says. i just trust the new regime to make whatever decisions they want. if they think peppers would be a good fit, then im all for it. the difference is, I KNOW they wont be dishing out that $$$ as much as dan did for vinny's choices. not that we'll be cheap-o's (lol... peter angelos) but just smarter with money.

I dunno, just sounds like a vinny move. but if our LBs looked like: Orakpo, Rocky, London, and Peppers/Dansby then it would be nice. Still need an NT. that could also be a stopgap solution with Wilfork or Hampton, doubtful that both get slapped with the tag. However, I vote for building the O-line almost entirely with the draft.

Actually Peppers has talked about playing as a 3-4 DE and at 283, his playing weight according NFL.com, he's only two pounds below the minimum weight you want for a 3-4 DE.

If he didn't cost us anything other than a contract, him and Wilfork would be great.

This would allow us to concentrate our entire draft on the offense, save for DBs.

This would also allow us to draft a QB in the 1st Round, since we could devote the rest of the draft to the OL.

Actually Peppers has talked about playing as a 3-4 DE and at 283, his playing weight according NFL.com, he's only two pounds below the minimum weight you want for a 3-4 DE.

Hm, well that would be interesting... but don't we have a decent amount of possible 3-4 DE's already on the roster? Haynesworth, Lorenzo, Golston, Jarmon to name a few?

We don't need him. We have Carter, Orakpo, and Jarmon as established and up and coming pass rushers. We have too many holes to fill to worry about Peppers.

Jarmon has no sacks in his career and is coming off an ACL.

Carter already failed Ina 3-4 in San Fran, is on the wrong side of 30, and is going to be having a major surgery this off season.

Orakpo does look like a stud fit at olb in a 3-4, but to say we don't still need passrushers is incorrect. That being said, we need to be building for the future and peppers is also on the wrong side of 30. I'd be in favor of getting a guy like Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham to rush opposite Rak.

Carter already failed Ina 3-4 in San Fran, is on the wrong side of 30, and is going to be having a major surgery this off season.

Orakpo does look like a stud fit at olb in a 3-4, but to say we don't still need passrushers is incorrect. That being said, we need to be building for the future and peppers is also on the wrong side of 30. I'd be in favor of getting a guy like Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham to rush opposite Rak.

The fact that Jarmon has no sacks so far doesn't mean anything. He was being developed at the position and unfortunately got injured midseason. He's a great prospect.

I said developing and obviously when I said that I was referring specifically to Jarmon.

Jarmon's time will come. Pass rushers are something no team can ever have enough of. But once you have a certain number of them you do have to focus elsewhere in order to actually win.

Peppers wants to be an OLB in a 3-4 not a DE. If the cap is going away and going away for good Peppers begins to make sense. Peppers would likely be an upgrade over Carter at DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4.

But not a huge upgrade and maybe not worth the money for the guy writing the check, its still real money out of his pocket regardless of cap. But that would be offset by jersey sales, to the extent of $40 million, I don't know about that. Being a fan of Carter, I don't know, I suppose I could stand to see Carter as the 1st rotation guy. Ok I'm on board..

It just doesnt make much sense to spend a lot of money on a position that is already a strength. The return we will get for that just isn't worth it. DE was a strength and a position we have young up and comers at. So why then would we spend money and resources here, AND mess with what was working? That would be the exact type of move that this FO has been blasted by by fans for years.

Archived