Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

History Of ExtremeSkins

To be honest, I have a feeling that kind of thing won't be used all that much. In fact, I think the database was pretty much under-used, even back in 2003 and 2004 when it first came out.

This kind of thing is more of a labor of love than a necessity. But, IMO, we or at least I feel an obligation to try to get it back up since it was up prior to the merger and it was so unique.

It's up to you how deep you want to go.

Thanks again. :)

Edit: It's back up.

Edited by Mark The Homer

Another update:

• I have successfully transcribed player stats (Rushing, Receiving, Passing only) for 2006-2009 - the data from Zskins went only up to 2005
  • I also got the years played data together by cutting/pasting roster pages from the online db and Zskins, and from a reputable source for 2006-2009
  • Unfortunately the roster pages show combined names, and it is necessary to match player names to their unique ID number (key) from the player name table, for the 3600 or so entries in the roster table; this must be done by data entry. I've done 2800 so far, and should be through the remaining 800 or so by next week
  • I still have to go through the player list for anyone who joined the Skins between 2006 and 2009 and get birthdate, birthplace, height, weight, HS info (from the same reputable source). I don't have an estimate on this, but let's say another week or so

So, in about 2-3 weeks I should have updated data tables.

Is the intent to make this a stand-alone site outside of ES?

PS - I am going to work on the Phase II tasks I mentioned above. This will happen after I hand in the updated data tables. As you pointed out MTH it's a labor of love, and I'd love to see complete stats if we can make them available.

Hail

First of all - what are we going to use to search with? Has anybody figured that out? I believe the original search function was written in code by Blade, but I don't know what language he used. I mean, we could use any language we want, by I haven't written a program in 25 years. So I was hoping somebody could figure that out.

Or are we going to use spreadsheet functions?

As far as where to host this from, I don't think we can do it on ES, there's too much **** going on right now. So yeah, it would have to be a stand alone site outside of ES - at least for now.

First of all - what are we going to use to search with? Has anybody figured that out? I believe the original search function was written in code by Blade, but I don't know what language he used. I mean, we could use any language we want, by I haven't written a program in 25 years. So I was hoping somebody could figure that out.

Or are we going to use spreadsheet functions?

As far as where to host this from, I don't think we can do it on ES, there's too much **** going on right now. So yeah, it would have to be a stand alone site outside of ES - at least for now.

I'll hand the data over to Zskins. He's got a plan for programming. He's also planning on hosting outside ES - I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

• 3 months later...