Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter [via Mike & Mike ESPN 980]: Campbell will be back as starting QB

GenMgr

Sure, they'll tender him as an RFA and plan to start him.

That doesn't mean they won't be open to trade offers or be actively trying to trade him.

I believe that Shanahan/Allen will explore all opportunities to make this team better. NOT tendering a player with value like Campbell would be foolish.

It would be stupid not to tender him. Id still draft Bradford and start him from the get go but Im just a poster on a message board. Like Ive said before, Im on board with whatever the new regime wants to do. Its not Vinny and Dan calling the shots anymore.

i dont like this. not because im a campbell hater but we need to trade him to get something out of it. i dont wanna see him go away for nothing. heck at least a 3rd or late 2nd.

I just don't see a team giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Campbell. St. Louis needs a QB and say they wanted to trade for Campbell, they're not going to give up the #1 pick in the 2nd or 3rd round for him. At best, Campbell could pull a mid-4th round pick to early 5th round pick.

I would love to see Allen pull a Parcells on Cerrato type of move; however, there aren't many, if any, GM's that are as incompetent as what Vinny was.

i dont like this. not because im a campbell hater but we need to trade him to get something out of it. i dont wanna see him go away for nothing. heck at least a 3rd or late 2nd.

What GM is his right mind would give us a 2nd or 3rd for him??

JC haters need to keep from getting their panties in a bunch over this. He'll be here one year while whichever QB we draft is being developed, then he's gone.

Now I'll say this, if we somehow were able to get a 2nd or 3rd for him, I make that trade in a heartbeat.

Yeah...to me, all this says is "Redskins not showing their hand that they'll listen to trade offers for Campbell."

Yup! Lol Shanny's smart indeed! Can't wait to see how good of a husstle Mike will come up with...

Also, Watch the floodgates with the likes of drastik, pissazle and others use this as more ways to try and pimp their boy like he's going to be our QB of the future!

If MS ends up getting at least a 3rd or 4th for Campbell, I'd jump for joy!

This is all speculation.

Schefter also says:

"At times he's looked very impressive, at times he's looked very shaky"

Says that he's a RFA so he's not going anywhere, so you bring him in and take a good long look.

"That doesn't stop the Redskins if the right guy's there, from drafting him with the #4 pick"

So basically this is non-news. The Redskins will prob bring him back and draft a QB w/ the #4 pick. Assuming that Campbell will start to begin with until the rookie is ready.

Pretty much what ES has been saying for weeks.

I'll give this thread three yawnees out of four:

:yawnee::yawnee::yawnee:

Yup! Lol Shanny's smart indeed! Can't wait to see how good of a husstle Mike will come up with...

Also, Watch the floodgates with the likes of drastik, pissazle and others use this as more ways to try and pimp their boy like he's going to be our QB of the future!

If MS ends up getting at least a 3rd or 4th for Campbell, I'd jump for joy!

SMoss 89???? Really??

Sure, they'll tender him as an RFA and plan to start him.

That doesn't mean they won't be open to trade offers or be actively trying to trade him.

I believe that Shanahan/Allen will explore all opportunities to make this team better. NOT tendering a player with value like Campbell would be foolish.

Sidebar....with a limited amount of picks going into the draft, I'm almost certain JC won't be only player tendered. I can see possilby about 3 or 4 players tendered as a strategy to aquire more picks. I can't wait until March 1, or when ever FA begins. This will get very interesting.

If they REALLY like him, they give him an lengthy contract, not a 1 year deal. So whatever...

Exactly. Proof is in the pudding. If they give him a long term deal, they like him a lot. If they tender him a 1 year deal, he is a...

Stop Gap.

They are going to draft somebody. Question is just when.

];7259650']Smart.

It's a lot harder to pry a starter from a team than a player who is all but out the door.

This will either up his trade value' date=' or perhaps Shanahan will bring out the best in JC. Hopefully it's the latter.[/quote']

Bingo. This was a good move.

Here are the list of FA QBs with experience who should be available:

Kyle Orton

Jason Campbell

Tavaris Jackson.

Orton and Jackson probably won't go.

Archived