Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redskins021

Senior Bowl thread

the comments on tebow are classic. "bulky- walks on water" lol tebow is gonna be one of the really fun parts of the draft. i don't want him as a skin but i am really curious how he does and where he goes. Notive he has 10" hands. that's freaking huge!!! It's also a big advantage for qb's

He also had short arms which hurts him some if he has to make the switch to TE.

For NFL scouts this isn't a big deal I think because they have watched hours of gamefilm but for us fans, this is a good way to see all the top seniors compete against each other. Hopefully some players suprice us.

This is a pretty huge deal for scouts. They get to see some of the best college talent matched up against one another under the instruction of NFL coaches. This is a huge week for these players and is a time where teams can get face to face time with them as well.

It's very possible that Cody misses out on the first round. 2 down players usually don't get drafted in the first.

I agree that I don't think he gets picked in the first round. If people complain about Albert and the plays he takes off, just imagine the uproar that a guy that plays even less will cause. I think KC Joyner did a piece on Cody and had him at playing 40% of Alabama's plays.

Here's all the players it was updated yesterday so I doubt it change too much... I'll update it whenever I know the rest.

Date: January 30, 2010

Kickoff: 3pm (CT)

Stadium: Ladd-Peebles Stadium (40,646)

Television: NFL Network

NORTH COACH - Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions

SOUTH COACH - Tony Sparano, Miami Dolphins

QUARTERBACKS - North/South QBs (confirmed)

Tim Tebow - Florida (South)

Dan LeFevour - Central Michigan (North)

Sean Canfield - Oregon State (North)

Tony Pike - Cincinnati (North)

Zac Robinson - Oklahoma State (South)

Jarrett Brown - West Virginia (South)

RUNNING BACKS

Anthony Dixon - Mississippi State

Montario Hardesty - Tennessee

Ben Tate - Auburn

Charles Scott - LSU (may not play due to broken collarbone)

Dexter McCluster - Ole Miss

Stafon Johnson - USC

Chris Brown - Oklahoma

Joique Bell - Wayne State

Rashawn Jackson - Virginia

WIDE RECEIVERS

Brandon LaFell - LSU

Jeremy Williams - Tulane

Shay Hodge - Ole Miss

Danario Alexander - Missouri

Joe Webb - UAB

Riley Cooper - Florida

Andre Brown - Citadel

Chris McGaha - Arizona State

TIGHT ENDS

Colin Peek - Alabama

Anthony McCoy - USC

Jimmy Graham - Miami (FL)

TE Dennis Pitta - BYU

TE Garrett Graham - Wisconsin

OFFENSIVE TACKLES

Ciron Black - LSU

Sam Young - Notre Dame

Charles Brown - USC

Trent Williams - Oklahoma

Vladimir Ducasse - Massachusetts

GUARDS

Mike Johnson - Alabama

John Jerry - Ole Miss

Mike Iupati - Idaho

Mitch Petrus - Arkansas

John Jerry - Mississippi

Ed Wang - Virginia Tech

CENTERS

Eric Olsen - Notre Dame

JD Walton - Baylor

DEFENSIVE TACKLES

Dan Williams - Tennessee

Terrence Cody - Alabama

Tyson Alualu - California

Jeff Owens - Georgia

Geno Atkins - Georgia

Cam Thomas - North Carolina

Jared Odrick - Penn State

D’Anthony Smith - Louisiana Tech

DEFENSIVE ENDS

Brandon Graham - Michigan

Antonio Coleman - Auburn

Rahim Alem - LSU

George Selvie - South Florida

Jerry Hughes - TCU

Brandon Lang - Troy

Cameron Sheffield - Troy

LINEBACKERS

Eric Norwood - South Carolina

Dekoda Watson - Florida State

Daryl Washington - TCU

Sean Weatherspoon - Missouri

Darryl Sharpton - Miami (FL)

Jamar Chaney - Mississippi State

Brandon Spikes - Florida

Sergio Kindle - Texas

Perry Riley - LSU

CORNERBACKS

Javier Arenas - Alabama

Jerome Murphy - South Florida

Patrick Robinson - Florida State

Kyle Wilson - Boise State

Syd'Quan Thompson - California

Trevard Lindley - Kentucky

Chris Cook - Virginia

Brandon Ghee - Wake Forest

Perrish Cox - Oklahoma State

SAFETIES

Harry Coleman - LSU

Kyle McCarthy - Notre Dame

Kurt Coleman - Ohio State

Nate Allen - South Florida

Taylor Mays - USC

Myron Rolle - Florida State

KICKERS

Leigh Tiffin - Alabama

PUNTERS

Zoltan Mesko - Michigan

Official Website

This is a pretty huge deal for scouts. They get to see some of the best college talent matched up against one another under the instruction of NFL coaches. This is a huge week for these players and is a time where teams can get face to face time with them as well.

Do you really think that 1 game and 1 week of practise can chance a scouts mind? I think scouts just want to see what they saw on film. If some guy comes up big durning senior bowl, they will go back look at the film. It can help your stock go up or down, but it is not like scouts base your talent on one game instead of 3 season of game tape.

Most important thing is maby the NFL coaches part, how quick can they pick up a playbook and how is there worketic.

But this is just my opinion....I understand yours but I just disagreed that it is a huge deal. Just like the combine. (game tape never lies about your football abilities, running in shorts can lie about your football abilities)

Do you really think that 1 game and 1 week of practise can chance a scouts mind? I think scouts just want to see what they saw on film. If some guy comes up big durning senior bowl, they will go back look at the film. It can help your stock go up or down, but it is not like scouts base your talent on one game instead of 3 season of game tape.

Most important thing is maby the NFL coaches part, how quick can they pick up a playbook and how is there worketic.

But this is just my opinion....I understand yours but I just disagreed that it is a huge deal. Just like the combine. (game tape never lies about your football abilities, running in shorts can lie about your football abilities)

I think it can confirm or disconfirm and maybe move a player up or down half a letter grade.

If you see a guy half-assing it while he's doing his job interview or audition. That's bad. If you see someone going lights out and much better than you would have ever imagined it might make you want to take a harder look.

This game will be interesting why?? Because you get to see the spread qb's under the huddle.. Tebow and laflour. Kafka did good under center but his arm strength is gonna hurt him.

This game will be interesting why?? Because you get to see the spread qb's under the huddle.. Tebow and laflour. Kafka did good under center but his arm strength is gonna hurt him.

Apparently Tebow fumbled something like 6 or 7 of his first 10 snaps under center. I find that to be almost unbelievable. One would think that he would have been working on that since it was perceived as one of his big weaknesses.

Lolololol

bruce feldman on twitter:

Nfl network says tebow fumbled first snap from under center he took today and then a bunch of others...ok, it's a long time till april tho.

About 2 hours ago from web

Dexter McCluster, RB from Ole Miss could be the next Chris Johnson.

only if he hits the weight room. McCluster is 170lbs at best, he cant carry the ball 20+ times a game without being crippled in the process

i like him in a Reggie Bush type of role, but not as an everydown back like Chris Johnson

only if he hits the weight room. McCluster is 170lbs at best, he cant carry the ball 20+ times a game without being crippled in the process

i like him in a Reggie Bush type of role, but not as an everydown back like Chris Johnson

Yea, but he's gonna put weight on when he hits the NFL. Everybody is saying it. I think the Skins will look at a lower round guy like him.

Yea, but he's gonna put weight on when he hits the NFL. Everybody is saying it. I think the Skins will look at a lower round guy like him.

i hope he's able to maintain his speed & quickness at a higher weight

i definitely wouldn't mind picking him up in the later rounds if he were still available

I came in here to say the same thing...he weighed in at 165....he's VERY small. That being said, I think he'll be an explosive player on the next level who can hurt defenses in a variety of ways.

Tim Tebow-QB- Player Jan. 25 - 5:21 pm et

According to NFL Network's Lindsay Soto, Florida QB Tim Tebow botched several snaps on his first day of Senior Bowl practice.

Unfortunately, along with being one of the generation's most decorated college football players comes the microscope at the next level. Tebow played primarily out of the shotgun formation at Florida, and clearly isn't used to taking snaps from under center. Soto added that Tebow's tendency to lower the football below his hips before delivering it also isn't going away. Other reports have Tebow struggling badly with accuracy.

LOVE Blount. People are blowing up the Boise St. thing, but it was nothing. It'd be great to have a real power runner...

This is one of the more ridiculous statements I've seen made on this board in some time. Congratulations.

Tebow has rough first day at Senior Bowl

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 25, 2010 7:53 PM ET

Already tired of Favre Watch 2010? Then can I interest you in a little Tebow Watch?

We pass along reviews of Tebow's first day at Senior Bowl practice with the knowledge that the buildup to the NFL Draft will be a long one, with many ups and downs for Tebow. Monday was a downer.

Lindsay Soto on NFL Network: Tebow fumbled the first snap from center, then botched roughly 5-6 more during the day. Tebow is used to playing out of shotgun.

Christ Mortensen on Twitter: "First impression from NFL folks on Tebow at Senior Bowl -- it is indeed going to be a challenging process for him."

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times: "I'm on the sideline at the Senior Bowl practice and let's just say Tim Tebow is not exactly lighting it up. Horrible mechanics and accuracy."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/tebow-has-rough-first-day-at-senior-bowl/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shocker.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/uga-s-jeff-owens-283287.html?cxtype=rss_sports_82014

Tebow rusty

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow drew several groans from the scouts lined along with the field with each errant pass. He sailed his third pass about five feet over a receiver's head on a 10-yard out route.

"It took some getting use to," Tebow said. "It's obviously all new guys out there and I'm throwing to new receivers. There was a lot of stuff to get adjusted to, but it was fun."

Tebow has been working on his mechanics with former NFL offensive coordinator Marc Trestman and Zeke Bratkowski, the former Georgia star who played 14 NFL seasons and spent 26 more as a quarterbacks coach/offensive coordinator.

Tebow is a long term project. Somebody you might take if you still have a good starter. Or somebody who is desperate. (Jags). I think dude has limited upside anyway. He'll never have a quick release. He'll never completely get rid of his windup. Not sure how he's 4th on so many QB rankings.