Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redskins021

Senior Bowl thread

But if Tebow can learn to Play under center, Read the D and be accurate he has a good chance.

So basically you're saying he still has to learn how to play QB? He should probably be proficient at that by now.:ols:

So basically you're saying he still has to learn how to play QB? He should probably be proficient at that by now.:ols:

That's what Steve Young said. Come on you know there is a big difference playing QB in College then playing QB in the NFL.

Originally Posted by Gregpeck99 View Post

1. None of the OLineman distinguished ... shows the folly of relying on Draft for immediate OLine help.

Highlights the importance of picking your offensive linemen NOW though. So they'll have at least a year of development before you even think about QB.

Highlights the importance of picking your offensive linemen NOW though. So they'll have at least a year of development before you even think about QB.

Yea Darth ... look at Campbell ... wasted 5 years and still he can't read defenses. Skins need to groom thier franchise QB of the future starting right now with the new coaching staff. Of course, they can draft OLineman in the lower rounds like they did with Molinaro and Wilson ... but I prefer fixing the Oline on FA over a two year period while bringing your stud QB along at the same time.

Yea Darth ... look at Campbell ... wasted 5 years and still he can't read defenses. Skins need to groom thier franchise QB of the future starting right now with the new coaching staff. Of course, they can draft OLineman in the lower rounds like they did with Molinaro and Wilson ... but I prefer fixing the Oline on FA over a two year period while bringing your stud QB along at the same time.

If the Skins want to groom a franchise QB, they better first get the tools in place to groom him. All evidence shows that you are not going to get your 'stud' QB via the draft unless you've got the tools in place FIRST. You just keep giving more evidence to support that.

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, meanwhile, had a shaky outing running a pro-style offense against a sturdy defense.

He fumbled twice and finished 8 of 12 passing for 50 yards in the showcase for senior NFL prospects. Tebow’s longest completion was 11 yards and he netted 4 yards on four rushes, but was never turned loose as a power runner as he often was with the Gators. He battled strep throat early but didn’t miss any practice time during a week when he was trying to prove to skeptical NFL teams and draft analysts that he could be a starting pro quarterback.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-tebow_senior013010&prov=rivals&type=lgns

Tebow played 11 snaps in the first half, and the South was down two scores by the time he re-entered the game to loud applause late in the third.

Dexter McCluster fumbled two plays into his first drive of the half, and his second began at the South’s 1-yard line.

Tebow led the South to a couple of first downs before Koa Misi stripped the ball from him. He had another fumble on the next drive but lineman Jeff Byers fell on the ball.

Gilyard’s teammate, Tony Pike, is considered the top-rated NFL prospect among the participating quarterbacks and he looked solid in a brief outing. He was 5 of 12 for 45 yards all in the first half. Gilyard caught two of those passes for 21 yards.

All evidence shows that you are not going to get your 'stud' QB via the draft unless you've got the tools in place FIRST. You just keep giving more evidence to support that.

What evidence? All I get is BS from Campbell supporters.

My assertion that Tebow is garbage is based off of more than the senior bowl. First, every QB to come out of UF is dubbed the next Peyton Manning or Joe Montana by the Gator chomping masses. Hearing them state yet again that their old QB is NFL material is like hearing chicken little saying the sky is falling. At some point you have to just say that anything Gator fans say about the NFL and UF QB's is complete garbage due to their blatant homerism.

They said Spurrier would be the next great QB. He had a great career holding Brodie's clipboard in SF until he was taken in the expansion draft where he was the QB that went 0-26 (0-14 in 76, 0-12 in 77 before winning the last two) with the woeful Bucs. I actually just listened to a Gator fan tell me that if Spurrier had been playing in SF rather than Brodie, they would have beaten Dallas in the playoffs. This is the homerism I have to deal with down here in Florida.

They said Matthews and Weurfell were awesome. Both careers were horrendous. Finally after years of being ripped on by NFL fans for their lack of QB prowess, they stated Rex Grossman was going to be God incarnate on the football field. For some reason the Bears listened and look what happened to them. The Bears battled back in the SB, only to watch Rex fumble it away. Rex Grossman is the most successful QB to ever come out of UF. That says something about your program; when Rex Grossman is your success story, it's time to shutup. But did they learn? No. Now we have had to listen to months of Gator fans stating that Tebow will go number one overall. They don't care about what the experts think; they don't care that he was an average talent who played on a team with the easiest schedule in the history of organized sports with more talent on their roster than the Oakland Raiders. A mentally challenged lab monkey could make it to the SEC championship game playing teams like Troy and Vanderbilt with the talent they had. This is why UF produces great linemen, defensive linemen, LB's, CB's, S's, and even a few decent Wr's and RB's. But their QB's are soft because they rarely get punched in the mouth. They rarely get challenged by an equal defense; and when they do, it turns out like the Alabama game this year - complete garbage.

See above. Because using lower rounds to draft guys that are not in football (much less starting here, or anywhere else) says that you need to draft linemen early to maximize getting good ones, like with every position. And since they impact both the running and passing game critically, it's better to get them before throwing some rookie QB out there that with a very good line, might be a franchise qb. But with the worst one in the league, will be David Carr. If we're lucky. Not really rocket science.

As a added bonus, the same lineman have a huge impact on the running game. Which will also help a rookie QB. Imagine that.:beatdeadhorse:

how do people feel about cam thomas nt from north carolina

I like him a lot. He looks like a guy that can fill in at the NT spot and hold his own. He doesn't have an extensive set of pass rush moves, but his bull rush is impressive and he has the lower body strength to anchor well. If we can pick up a 3rd round pick I wouldn't mind looking his way.

What does Campbell have to do with anything. By the way, I am talking about every thing you keep saying.

If the Skins want to groom a franchise QB, they better first get the tools in place to groom him. All evidence shows that you are not going to get your 'stud' QB via the draft unless you've got the tools in place FIRST. You just keep giving more evidence to support that.

I agree and furthermore i think the evidence shows that you have to be a good franchise i.e. have all the elements in place to even have a shot at a superbowl; regardless of how you acquire your QB.

Just look at how many of the recent playoff teams didn't grow their own starting QB:

Drew Brees-Saint-Chargers

Brett Favre-Vikings-Jets-Packers-Falcons

Kurt Warner-Cards-Giants-Rams-Barn Stormers

Matt Schaub-Texans-Falcons

Delhommie-Carolina-Saints-World League

Kerry Collins-Titans-Giants-Carolina

Chad Pennington-Dolphins-Jets

(Less recent playoff team) Matt Hasselbeck-Seahawks-Green Bay

**Non-playoff teams with recently aquired 'franchise'/starting QBs**

Jay Cutler-Bears-Broncos

Matt Cassel-Cheifs-Pats

Kyle Orton-Broncos-Bears

Looked great. Has a very nice touch on his deep ball. Very athletic. Dare I say it, reminded me of a young Drew Brees?

Thanks for that link, ESPN did very little but make fun of Tebow with their highlights which made me angry frankly. There are other kids playing in that game after all

QB Tony Pike: A manageable performance, but not that desirable.

QB Dan LeFevour: Very good game from him. I'd be 50/50 if we pick him in the mid-round.

OT Selvish Capers: Allowed a couple of sacks. Granted it was against Brandon Graham, but that could be a sign that he shouldn't start. I'd put him in the bargain bin of draft picks.

Good to know about Dan. Dan's the guy I'd want in the 2nd if we were going QB later. Sorry to hear about Capers, but I've been telling some folks on here that have just been buying draft site hype on him for a while. I just don't think he's ready to start, he needs to put on some weight, and increase his strength because in the last year pass blocking has not been that great at WVU.

I still like Dan Lefevour/ or maybe Jarrett Brown. Jarrett didnt pass as good as Dan, but he can move around pretty good.

I would take Dan over Brown any day of the week. Dan played four years as a starter and missed I think only two games his whole career (someone correct me if that number was wrong). He makes good decisions and has pocket awareness. Brown, sorry the guy lost me after the debacle of the Auburn game. The guy is nothing but a camp fodder QB or third stringer.