Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From the Cowboys board....

Skins24

Originally posted by Art

I'd simply point out that Gardner is better because he's bigger and faster and performed better in a weaker offense as a rookie than Bryant did....

And this comes from someone who claims to have watched more Dallas football than a Dallas fan?

The Redskin offense in 2001 was appreciably more anemic than Dallas' last year? Dude, you must be joking. As horrid as Tony Banks and Jeff George were, they were no worse than what we had last year due to questionable talent, poor coaching and a pretty severe injury issue on the OL.

As for performing better as a rookie, I hate to bring up stats but:

Gardner (2001) 46 741 16.1 4

Bryant (2002) 31 498 16.1 4

Hmmm...interesting. I am not going to say that Gardner is inferior to AB, but gee...same YPC and same number of TDs. Factor in that AB was pretty much repressed by Coslet rather than nurtured, I dunno.

But I guess fifteen more catches makes that much of a difference to you.

I am not stating that AB is a better receiver than Gardner at this stage. I think you know my opinion on that.

Originally posted by boozeman3

The Redskin offense in 2001 was appreciably more anemic than Dallas' last year?

I thought we were not allowed to bring up Tony Banks or 2001 anymore :puke: :doh:

I am curious to see what AB does this year. I don't like either one of the cowboys starting WR's they get injured to much.

Booze you have to admit that trade for Galloway has been a terrible one for the Boys.

Originally posted by jbooma

Booze I didn't say he was a dunce, but guess what they all ready have a GM there Mr. Jones remember him :)

What I was saying about Wolf is what is he doing there? Is he an advisor? VP? What?? If he was a GM then yes I would be more scared but Mr. Jones is and will be forever :laugh:

Wolf doesn't make a player better does he? He doesn't come with the incredible defense schemes that Billicheck does he? NO

Do you think Jones will listen to him, hell now that isn't his style. I do love the Driver pick, Green was a gift from Holmgren, no other "smart" coach/gm would have done that trade.

Only time will tell if the "evil" Jerruh will return, right? But what I have a hard time understanding is how everyone fails to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Oh, he will run Parcells out of town on a rail"..."He will meddle"....blah blah blah. To me, if this is indeed true, then Parcells is a moron for taking the job. If he is in it for the short-term, then why waste his time with some meddling owner like Jones? I really do not anticipate any egos clashing here. I have been a harsh critic of Jones in the past, but I am willing to admit that he has "seen the light".

The role that Wolf, Fairbanks and Coughlin played in camp was simply to give Parcells another perspective. Nothing more.

I am sure he is tugging on Jerruh's shirttail, offering advice. Rag on Jones all you want, but I certainly do not see a contingency of football minds converging on Redskins Park to "help out". They could not deal with the footbawl coach's ego and would have to watch where they step for fear of trodding on Snyder :D .

I thought we were not allowed to bring up Tony Banks or 2001 anymore :puke: :doh:

I am curious to see what AB does this year. I don't like either one of the cowboys starting WR's they get injured to much.

Booze you have to admit that trade for Galloway has been a terrible one for the Boys.

Sure it was.

Just like the signing of Deion Sanders, Mark Carrier and Jeff George were to you guys.

Money for you all, draft choices for us...eh...the loss of two number ones was rather annoying.

Funny thing, Snyder was in the bidding for Galloway as well.

Amazing how these two franchises are mirror-images. Weak at some of the same positions

I can only relate that to you all being more obsessed with beating us than beating you.

I have a hard time seeing Parcells' main vision for next season to get Jones the game ball from the Redskin game on Nov. 2.

Snyder really has a hard-on for beating us. He will sign every ex-Cowboy from Tony Banks to Brandon Noble, with aborted attempts at Rocket Ismail and Mike Myers thrown in for good measure.

God bless him.

That keeps this rivalry alive and well. And damn, I am glad.

Here is to THE rivalry in professional football :pint: .

Rag on Jones all you want, but I certainly do not see a contingency of football minds converging on Redskins Park to "help out". They could not deal with the footbawl coach's ego and would have to watch where they step for fear of trodding on Snyder :D .

Hey what about cerrato :rotflmao:

I do like parcells I just don't know if he can hang with Jerry. Remember it is early in thier relationship, you know when you meet the person things are hot and heavy, every day feels like you are in heaven, you can lose your job but it doesn't matter she is there waiting for you :D

I do say watch with caution remember these favorite words,

"We get along fine, we have a great partnership. He is my boss and I am okay with that. We are both very good football minds."

Mary Shotzenhiemer

(1st year with Synder)

I rest my case :)

Back at you :cheers:

however don't foget Synder grew up a skins fan I don't think Jones did. I do fault him because his passion as a fan gets Synder into trouble. He reminds me of The Boss (GS) owner of the yankees (can't say his name I HATE him) He had a trouble learning when he was young but soon realized what to do.

At least we both can agree on one more thing,

I love it that the Iggles still have no rings

:rotflmao:

SONNY JOE HOG:

*lol* Pathetic isn't it. We have our own "Duh Bears"/"Duh 'Skins" crew. Personally my consciense compells me to agree with you. Until Spurrier pulls it off, that contest belongs to Parcells. Grotesque bias begins when people cash in on expectations. It's all C.O.D. (especially when discussing with others).

The same goes for Dallas with CBs, very promising but C.O.D.

Washington WRs - 4 first time skins? 2 first time nfl? C.O.D.

Originally posted by Art

SJH,

I've read this entire thread, so could you please point out where a Redskin fan said Parcells wasn't a better coach than Spurrier? Can you point out which Redskin fan even put the two in the same category? No, you can't, so why did you write a retort to something we've not said?

As for the rest, I hate to break it to you, but when we beat the Super Bowl champion Cowboys twice in 1995 we weren't better than them. We had their number and won and it was a nice feeling. The manner by which you determine whether one team is better than another is simple. Start at the top of the standings in the division. Work your way down. The one at the bottom is no good. The one at the top is better. The ones in the middle are just above the bottom and below the top.

Uh, I got the two boards mixed up. As for the rest, maybe I'm getting too old and I'm missing the good old days because, like George Allen and Joe Gibbs, I just can't stand losing to that team. For years, neither team has been close to going to a Super Bowl, so I don't think the losses can be laughed off so easily. It would be ridiculous to think something like "Ha, ha! You may have beaten us twice but we finished closer to a .500 season than you did!" We haven't been winning and we haven't beaten the Cowboys. In that context, I think that they are the better team until we either beat them or go to the playoffs.

Hey what about cerrato :rotflmao:

Don't even mention Cerrato to me. He is totally creepy. Those crazy eyes, those gaunt, spindly fingers....sends chills down my spine.

When my boy asks me what the boogey-man looks like, I flash Cerrato's picture to him.

Cruel, I know, but sometimes confronting the fearful or frightening builds character :)

Originally posted by Kornheiser

SONNY JOE HOG:

*lol* Pathetic isn't it. We have our own "Duh Bears"/"Duh 'Skins" crew. Personally my consciense compells me to agree with you. Until Spurrier pulls it off, that contest belongs to Parcells. Grotesque bias begins when people cash in on expectations. It's all C.O.D. (especially when discussing with others).

Good thinking, there Kornheiser.

Nice to see there are some folks who are grounded in reality...same to you, SGH.

Now I know whose posts to read and whose to ignore.

And this comes from someone who claims to have watched more Dallas football than a Dallas fan?

The Redskin offense in 2001 was appreciably more anemic than Dallas' last year? Dude, you must be joking. As horrid as Tony Banks and Jeff George were, they were no worse than what we had last year due to questionable talent, poor coaching and a pretty severe injury issue on the OL.

As for performing better as a rookie, I hate to bring up stats but:

Gardner (2001) 46 741 16.1 4

Bryant (2002) 31 498 16.1 4

Hmmm...interesting. I am not going to say that Gardner is inferior to AB, but gee...same YPC and same number of TDs. Factor in that AB was pretty much repressed by Coslet rather than nurtured, I dunno.

But I guess fifteen more catches makes that much of a difference to you.

I am not stating that AB is a better receiver than Gardner at this stage. I think you know my opinion on that.

I don't understand your post, Boozer. First, I'm not joking about the Redskins passing offense in 2001 being weaker than your passing offense in 2002. That's not a joke only because it's factually true. You threw for more yards last year than we did in 2001. Our offense was as awful in conception and production as any in the history of the game, especially in the passing game.

The other confusing part is you haven't quoted Bryant's rookie production correctly. In the end Gardner had a better rookie year because he had more yards and more catches which are two big parts of receiving.

Sure it was.

Just like the signing of Deion Sanders, Mark Carrier and Jeff George were to you guys.

Money for you all, draft choices for us...eh...the loss of two number ones was rather annoying.

Funny thing, Snyder was in the bidding for Galloway as well.

Amazing how these two franchises are mirror-images. Weak at some of the same positions

I can only relate that to you all being more obsessed with beating us than beating you.

I have a hard time seeing Parcells' main vision for next season to get Jones the game ball from the Redskin game on Nov. 2.

Snyder really has a hard-on for beating us. He will sign every ex-Cowboy from Tony Banks to Brandon Noble, with aborted attempts at Rocket Ismail and Mike Myers thrown in for good measure.

God bless him.

That keeps this rivalry alive and well. And damn, I am glad.

I hate to break it to you Boozer, but, signing Smith, Carrier and Sanders wasn't at all a failure. It was a great success. As has been repeatedly pointed out, the addition of those players and Lavar improved us 26 spots in the rankings defensively. We actually got better where we added those players. Since you've added Galloway you've gotten increasingly worse as an offense.

I don't know what the statement that the move for Galloway was a bad move does for this thread, but, it's a poor comparison to use what you did when we actually improved for your signings.

Originally posted by Kornheiser

SONNY JOE HOG:

Psst, Korny, what's pathetic is you couldn't have waited for SJH to reply and mention that he didn't see anyone put Spurrier ahead of Parcells here when he spoke. Also, if you don't appreciate that there's a difference between a rookie (Newman)and a guy coming of 89 catches in the NFL, there's something inherently wrong with you.

Originally posted by Art

I don't understand your post, Boozer. First, I'm not joking about the Redskins passing offense in 2001 being weaker than your passing offense in 2002. That's not a joke only because it's factually true. You threw for more yards last year than we did in 2001. Our offense was as awful in conception and production as any in the history of the game, especially in the passing game.

The other confusing part is you haven't quoted Bryant's rookie production correctly. In the end Gardner had a better rookie year because he had more yards and more catches which are two big parts of receiving.

Nice eye...

Bryant's numbers were 44-733-16.6-6.

Gardner's rookie numbers were 46 -641-16.1-4

Hmmmm....

the gap grows smaller.

Nice eye...

Bryant's numbers were 44-733-16.6-6.

Gardner's rookie numbers were 46 -641-16.1-4

Hmmmm....

the gap grows smaller.

Well, you STILL got the numbers wrong, but I'll take it on faith you know them now.

The gap wasn't all that wide in terms of rookie performance. It was just a gap nonetheless. The difference is the whole of the Cowboy universe feels Bryant is on his way. Gardner was a better prospect in the draft, played on a weaker passing offense, and surpassed Bryant in yards and catches as a rookie, and then followed up with a solid second season, and most of the world says he's a possession receiver or a No. 2 at most.

This is the stuff that amuses us is all :).

Don't even mention Cerrato to me. He is totally creepy. Those crazy eyes, those gaunt, spindly fingers....sends chills down my spine.

When my boy asks me what the boogey-man looks like, I flash Cerrato's picture to him.

Cruel, I know, but sometimes confronting the fearful or frightening builds character :)

:laugh: Cerrato looks like Greaseman's little brother on 'no-doze'. He's a hillarious sight, if you know/seen the Greaseman. (If you don't know the Greaseman, he was a completely absurd character from Washington past, a DJ who had a very unsettling face)

:laugh: But what's with Parcells stealing Jimmy Johnson's hair dew?? It's awefull. What was he thinking?

Pisss... Arty, thought I asked you not to talk to me anymore? And left you talking to a telephone pole?

Pisss...Arty, what happened? the telephone pole you were talking to got up & walked away?

Pisss...Arty, what's pathetic is no ones talking to you...or dares to. Because like the retarded kid in school, if you say "hi", he'll follow you around & won't shut up?

Pisss...(I'm afraid to mention the times I've heard people say - Parcell's old, Parcell's washed-up, Parcell's a has-been - because then it gives you something to talk about WITH ME) Bluff someone else, it's real, it's happened, & I'm not talking to you about it... go away.

Pisss...

Drip...

Drip...

Tap...

Tap...

Stuff...

Stuff...

Stuff...

Zzzziiip...

aaah.

I love how you characterize Dallas fans. I am going to post a similar thread over at my board. Feel free to denigrate us over there if you like.

There are countless message posts from Redskin fans who I could call out for blatent homerism as well. Your last statement basically stereotypes Dallas fans, much to the squealing glee of your teenage admirers here, Art.

As for the actual player/position breakdown, come on over to the Cowboys.net.

hey boozeman, the last time i was over at one of the sites you post at, Daisy was saying "the song 'hail to the redskins' is naziism at it's best" and that i was trailerpark and blah, blah, blah. how am i to feel about the stereotypes especially when your fellow posters were edging her on!!!!! In case you forgot me i was HSF. i have no hard feelings, but in the same tone i went to your message board (by invitation mind you) and i get burrated by a F@#king lunatic while only one person (HG) was willing to tell that person to back off, the rest of you guys didnt do ****. I understand we can not control what people say or do, but do not come in here and have a "holier Than Thou" attitude when someone says something about your team or it's fans. this is a redskin board and upon coming here you should expect people to disagree with your team, just like i endured last night at your site.

Archived