Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pat Williams Guarantees’ win over Cowboys

DeMarco Murray 29

Pat Williams Guarantees’ win over Cowboys

Posted by Chris Boynton on January 9th, 2010 in News

As it becomes clear that the Viking’s opponent next week will be the Dallas Cowboys, things start to sort themselves out and the focus returns from the week of inactivity.

Vikings defensive lineman Pat Williams was asked to give his input on the upcoming event.

“The Vikings will win their first playoff game. It’s a guarantee.” said Williams.

Here’s how it came about:

Williams was asked on Monday, “Joe Namath waited until the Super Bowl to guarantee a win. You want to guarantee a Super Bowl win today?”

“No, I ain’t (giving a) guarantee (for the Super Bowl). We just have to win this first game. I guarantee we win this first game, though,” he said.. “Yeah, we’re going to win this first game.”

The Vikings now realize their opponent will be the Dallas Cowboys but the opponent doesn’t matter to Williams.

“We’ve got to (win). We’ve got to. We’ve got to,” Williams said. “That’s everybody’s goal. If we second-guess ourselves, we’re going to lose. We’ve got to (win), and we will.”

- Here’s to confidence !!!

http://www.vikingsgab.com/2010/01/09...-over-cowboys/

It's irrelevant. Doesn't make sense. Can't bring up what makes sense.

that's my point, its irrelevant, as is the fact that Dallas hadn't won a playoff game in 13 years. What does what this team did 10 years ago have to do with what goes on this weekend in Minny? Nothing.

The pukes can relentlessly dirty the uniform of any QB in the playoffs, and do it without having to blitz.

Besides, we'll see Favre has kept his penchant to overextend in the playoffs.

That is the key. If Dallas can get pressure with their front 5 they should win the game. If they must send extra blitz and cannot apply pressure they are in trouble. Sending 5 allows them to keep extra help covering Rice, Berrian, Harvin and AP.

I hate when people makea big deal about guarantees. Do you want him to say, "I dunno, I think we might lose this week." Of course he's going to say they're gonna win. What do they expect him to say?

"it's gonna be a tough game and the better team should win, i think that's us"

I can't think of a year in the NFL when history has been less relevant. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady lost their first playoff game at home. Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb lost in the first round. The Cowboys ended their drought. 1-6, 13 years, 4-2, none of that means a thing on Sunday.

Hail.

Archived