Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My RB speculation: Willie Parker

TimmySmith

What about Mike Bell from the Saints he is a free agent and looked pretty good.

RFA until a new cap is agreed on (which is looking unlikely). if he were a true ufa then i dont think itd be much question that shanny would go after him hard but im not willing to give up our 2nd rounder for him.

RFA until a new cap is agreed on (which is looking unlikely). if he were a true ufa then i dont think itd be much question that shanny would go after him hard but im not willing to give up our 2nd rounder for him.

Good info. I love the way Bell runs the ball though, dude is explosive/physical.

Post ---> Instant failure
You mean yours right?

Have a take next time, that way you will not come off as an uninformed idiot.

Here are some examples.

1. Willie is injury prone.

2. Willie may be expensive.

3. Shanny likes no-names and gets his RBs in the draft.

All of the above have merit, and there are probably many more for those that have an ounce of originality.

NO DRAFT Picks for ANY players past their prime ... not even a 7th. But since he will most likely be released, it wouldn't be a bad thing to invite him to camp to try out for a backup RB roster spot.

+ 1

The last thing we should be worried about is a running back Shanny,Sr has proven that he can plug an unknown player in his system and make him productive.

Besides we have two guys on our roster who are well versed in Shanny's system Clinton Portis and Anthony Alridge.

Shanny has a gift of finding runners who fit in his system... I would rather find a mid to late round gem then try to restart someone's career... If we do try a FA bring in someone young and FAST speed kills... This team is slow and doesn't scare anyone!

Besides we have two guys on our roster who are well versed in Shanny's system Clinton Portis and Anthony Alridge.
CP missed 8 games with concussion issues and could be gone after one hit, AA could not make the roster. HUGE question marks over these guys. Add Betts to the injury parade and the Skins are left with only 2 RBs on the roster who have experience (Ganther and Cartwright) and neither is close to the type of back that Shanny likes.

I reiterate, Shanny WILL bring proven veterans in for tryouts, and the Skins WILL sign one. Parker has the most upside of any of them IMO.

You mean yours right?

Have a take next time, that way you will not come off as an uninformed idiot.

Here are some examples.

1. Willie is injury prone.

2. Willie may be expensive.

3. Shanny likes no-names and gets his RBs in the draft.

All of the above have merit, and there are probably many more for those that have an ounce of originality.

Anyone who watches football is aware that Parker (like Portis) has received a ton of carries and has zero chance of staying healthy for an entire season. Not trying to come off as an arse, but there is a reason the Steelers drafted Mendenhall and Parker is now on the bench.

You don't need to overpay the RB position.

There are very few ELITE backs in the league.

This team improved this year only when Portis went down and we brought in some fresh legs, ie. Betts and Rock.

Look at who is playing this weekend:

Dallas: Barber, Jones

Arizona: Wells?, not sure

Minnesota: Peterson (ELITE)

Saints: Pierre Thomas?, Bush?

Baltimore: Rice, McGahee

Indianapolis: Addai, no idea?

San Diego: Sproles, LT (OLD)

Jets: Jones, ?

That's one elite back ladies and gents.

Improve the line and we can run Betts and Rock.

This team improved this year only when Portis went down and we brought in some fresh legs, ie. Betts and Rock.

1. Betts or Rock could not start for any of those teams. 2. I would have started a thread about the Skins getting Romo sits to pee, Brees, Manning, Warner, Favre, or Rivers but I left it to someone else.

3. Ray Rice is elite.

I agree you don't need an elite back, but all of those backs are better than any of the Redskins backs.

Also, watch out for Wells next year, dude is a beast when he carries the ball and could be an elite back next year.

Ray Rice is clearly an elite back, and in my opinion you could argue he is the best back in the league, at least top 3

So the solution the OP is saying is to get rid of Portis at 28 to bring in Parker because "The guy is 30 and is a perfect, 2-3+ year guy while the Skins get their house in order." That doesn't make sense at all. Portis is still a very good back but the problem with him is his work ethic from what is being reported. The guy plays hard every year and every game and is the best blocking RB on the team. So we want to get rid of him for another guy that is 2 years older with a history of injuiries because Portis has lost a step or he doesn't do what 'We the fans" want him to do. Poor O-line play and good defensive play will make any RB look old and slow.

I think the draft this year will have a focus on blockers, not runners.

Skins can win with Ganther/Betts/ no name FA runner.

Just need some better blockers up front to accomplish that.

Why Willie Parker is beyond me. Guy is a walking injury, he misses more games than Portis and Betts combined.

CP missed 8 games with concussion issues and could be gone after one hit

Where'd you get that info CP could be gone after 1 hit?

Second that statement can be applied to ANYONE even "slightly faster than my Granny" Parker.(and it usually does)

Parker has the most upside of any of them IMO.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:okay if you say so;)

Archived