Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: Report: Haslett In Ashburn; Broncos Coach DC-Bound?

JimmyZ123

Things that make you go hmmmm. I would expect that Zimmer is on his way to DC as we speak. If they want him, he will be in Washington. Period. Snyder will spend more than the Bengals and other teams on coaches.

Personally, I like the fact that they are taking their time with this, interviewing multiple candidates.

If they do keep Jerry Gray as DC, then I think he would have beaten out other very good coaches. We'll see.

I would expect that Zimmer is on his way to DC as we speak. If they want him, he will be in Washington. Period. Snyder will spend more than the Bengals and other teams on coaches.

Actually, the Bengals get exclusive rights to work out a deal with Zimmer this week. The Redskins may interview him next week, along with other NFL clubs, if he doesn't reach an agreement with Cincinnatti this week.

Actually, the Bengals get exclusive rights to work out a deal with Zimmer this week. The Redskins may interview him next week, along with other NFL clubs, if he doesn't reach an agreement with Cincinnatti this week.

am i wrong in thinking he'll interview w/ other teams no matter what? i mean say cinci offers him 1. 7 mil; will he automatically take it or wait until he see's what else is out there?

I don't know why, but I'm just not all that excited about Haslett.

Maybe it's because he was such a crappy head coach.

I'm not very familiar with his work as strictly a D-coordinator.

Same. Completely ignorant statement but I dont care...he was SO bad as a head coach for SO long I just cant get over it.

am i wrong in thinking he'll interview w/ other teams no matter what? i mean say cinci offers him 1. 7 mil; will he automatically take it or wait until he see's what else is out there?

Spags got $2 mil when he was the highest paid D-coord in NY. I suspect that Skins will offer similiar if they really want Zimmer. Lombardi just commented on NFLN that Cincy is not known for paying money like that to coordinators.

Spags got $2 mil when he was the highest paid D-coord in NY. I suspect that Skins will offer similiar if they really want Zimmer. Lombardi just commented on NFLN that Cincy is not known for paying money like that to coordinators.

Has Cincy ever paid ANYONE that type of money?:silly:

cincy is notoriously the cheapest team in the league... if we want zimmer and he's just looking for the highest bidder, I can't see them being a player in that bidding war...

though the dolphins just let go of their DC and parcels has ties to zimmer and could get involved...

was haslett the coach of the saints when spurrier made that comment about getting to work early not working for them?

Yea, in that southern twang of Spurrier's he said....

Perhaps Spurrier's most memorable line, and there were many during his 12-20 tenure, was over New Orleans coach Jim Haslett's reputation as a follower of Allen's and Gibbs' long schedules. The Saints weren't winning, though.

"How's that working out for him?" joked Spurrier.

Anybody but Gray, please. I prefer Zimmer over Haslett, but either one is fine with me. No Gray!

I believe Gray was limited due to the vanilla Blache defense. Remember he does come from the Gregg Williams defensive mindset or should we dare to call it the G.Williams tree. He was also DC in Buffalo when they had the #2 defense. Look at 2003 and 2004. 2003 was with Greg as HC.

We can't talk to Zimmer until Sunday. And you can bet Dan will offer more then 500,000. Even though he may not have to offer much more then that since Zimmer has already said he wasn't going to stay in Cinci.

Archived