Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sony to reboot Spider-Man without Raimi and new cast

SkinzFoLife

wow, that sucks. Raimi didn't like the studios hands in Spidey 3 and finally the studio said Bye when Raimi wasn't on board for what they had in mind for Spider-Man 4 so they dropped him and the cast. It could be good like Batman Begins or **** like Superman Returns. Too bad Marvel can't get the rights back and do it themselves like how they semi rebooted The Hulk.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8976

The guy that played J. Jonah Jameson was awesome too.

Actually, when I saw him, I thought he was that guy from Law & Order, Lenny Brisco. (And I thought he was perfect.)

"A guy named Octavius grows four arms and goes on a murderous rampage in Manhattan. Is this a great country, or what?"

(Thought Toby was perfect, too.)

Wow, just a couple days ago I read that Raimi was having issues with the script. The first two were solid, fun movies. The studio ruined the third as they forced Sam to add Venom as a villain against his will. The movie just couldn't contain two villains and you could tell it was two separate scripts intermingled.

Seriously, the first two were darn good and the third sucked...what more evidence does a studio need to realize their ideas for a script do no work?

The first one was fine considering how quickly the improvement curve has risen with the best of that genre since its release. But I think a re-boot is an even better idea than trying to just revamp the "blah" or "bah" feeling left accumulated by all three to date.

The guy that played J. Jonah Jameson was awesome too.
Actually, when I saw him, I thought he was that guy from Law & Order, Lenny Brisco. (And I thought he was perfect.)

"A guy named Octavius grows four arms and goes on a murderous rampage in Manhattan. Is this a great country, or what?"

(Thought Toby was perfect, too.)

JJ Jameson was played by a guy from Law and Order, but not Lenny. It was JK Simmons, who had a recurring role as a shrink:

jk_simmons.jpg

jk-simmons-1.jpg

I'm happy. Raimi should have been tarred and feathered for that heaping pile that was Spider-Man 3. Toby is too whiney and Dunst is no Mary Jane. I'm done with those two.

JJ was money, though. He was exactly what I'd always imagined he'd be, but maybe more likeable in the movies than in the comics.

I'm all about a reboot.

I'm happy. Raimi should have been tarred and feathered for that heaping pile that was Spider-Man 3. Toby is too whiney and Dunst is no Mary Jane. I'm done with those two.

JJ was money, though. He was exactly what I'd always imagined he'd be, but maybe more likeable in the movies than in the comics.

I'm all about a reboot.

Spider-Man 3 wasn't Raimi's fault. Let's just clear that up now.

Raimi wanted it to focus around the Sandman and the Vulture, but Sony execs decided that the Vulture wasn't marketable enough, so at the last minute, they forced Raimi to add in Venom, because he's a newer character that could sell more merchandise.

Raimi didn't have time to do much except add Venom in the last half of the story and basically didn't put his heart into it because it wasn't his project anymore.

Sony executives sitting in a board room in Hollywood thinking about action figure sales ruined Spider-Man 3.

Now Raimi wanted to come back and do the Vulture again, but Sony was pushing to add "the Vulturess" as a female interest for Spider-Man.

I think last I heard, Sony's rights to Spider-Man end and go back to Marvel exclusively in a couple years, so I think Sony's just trying to throw together a movie as soon as possible to get their last coin out of it.

Archived