Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP-Mitchell: 'Clinton could've worked harder'

authentic

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/mitchell-clinton-couldve-worke.html

Asked whether Portis would benefit from improved practice habits and better conditioning, Mitchell said, "that's a slam dunk. Clinton could've worked harder."

"He's got to do that, and Dan" -- owner Daniel Snyder -- "has to understand that that's what has to be done. In order for the Redskins to be successful, that's what Clinton has to do. He has to change the way he's done things in the past, in order for them to be successful as a team."

:munchout: this is going to be good.

Well, everything has come to this for Portis now... this is a good thing for the team. Either Portis shapes up or he ships out. Win-win either way for us.

I hope Portis goes at it harder than he's ever done before and comes out playing incredibly well this season just to shut everyone up.

That might be the understatement of the year. We, as fans, knew Portis had some very lax practice habits, and you know it has to be pretty bad if the fans, who mostly read the overly optimistic articles, have never seen a story that contains the name 'Portis' and the phrase 'hardwork'.

The last line of that article that was left out:
Mitchell thinks Portis is still capable of being a Pro Bowl-caliber running back in the league, but only if he prepares like one.

That's a huge "if," considering the guy has never had anyone holding him accountable during his entire tenure here. Given the status of his contract, he has felt untouchable.

:obvious:

All you had to do was look at his gut during TC. I do appreciate the fact that people on the team are unafraid to say this stuff now. This is almost proof positive of a "relationship" of sorts between Portis and Pretzel Boy.

my thoughts too, really. All you had to do was look at his performance on the field. It was obvious he wasn't putting in the work.

Archived