Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hell has frozen over! Tom Jackson said something positive about the Skins

Sellersfan

as per NFL countdown...

Old "T" says Shanahan has greatest chance to succeed!

This guy has had a hate for us since his heavily favoured Broncos lost a SB to us.

I cant remember the last time he said anything positive about the Skins.

Well I guess if Shanny took the job, we cant be that bad in this loser's eyes

Remember too, all the ES posters who tell us "we're terrible, this team is not talented" and yet everyone agreed on the show that the Skins had talent to work with (outside of JC) and so he should have a quicker impact.

i thought jackson liked JC. i read in the examiner that schlereth was quoted as sayiing campbell could be 'very good' in the right situation and that shanahan will be good for him.

as per NFL countdown...

Old "T" says Shanahan has greatest chance to succeed!

This guy has had a hate for us since his heavily favoured Broncos lost a SB to us.

I cant remember the last time he said anything positive about the Skins.

Well I guess if Shanny took the job, we cant be that bad in this loser's eyes

I bet there are alot of folks who have not had anything positive to say about the skins since Snyder bought the team.

You can't kill the messenger...they only comment on what they see...we have been less-than-average to mediocre or poor for the last 10 years so what do you expect from the media.

I remember our 6-2 start last year and they were calling us the red hot skins, Capbell was a candidate for mvp, and some were predicting us to win 3 more games in our 3rd quarter of the year.

I also think Shanny is smart for hyping JC's head up and manipulating the media (which will eventually manipulate owners and GMs around the league) and spark up trade bait.

It's always funny reading posts that bash analysts for being honest. Prisco's an idiot, Pasquerelli's an idiot, Kings an idiot, Tom Friend , B-Mitch, Lavar, etc. Just stop it . We've sucked for a long time, PERIOD. There is'nt anything positive to say about us, That doesn't mean I like it, but it's the truth, and the truth hurts

Not only Tom Jackson. I've heard more than a few ex Broncos players saying how Shanahan is the best man for the job. Shannon Sharpe even said complentary things about the Redskins. I wouldn't be surprised to see more sports media pundits jump on the watch out for Shanahan and the Washington Redskins come pre season. Partly because we really do have talent. As well as Shanahan's proven success record. I expect us to be better than 4-12 though....500 would be good. Anything beyond that would be icing on the cake.

You can't kill the messenger...they only comment on what they see...we have been less-than-average to mediocre or poor for the last 10 years so what do you expect from the media.

I remember our 6-2 start last year and they were calling us the red hot skins, Capbell was a candidate for mvp, and some were predicting us to win 3 more games in our 3rd quarter of the year.

I also think Shanny is smart for hyping JC's head up and manipulating the media (which will eventually manipulate owners and GMs around the league) and spark up trade bait.

The comment was on TJ only.

Sports media in particular is not the messanger. While they may try to be objective, the panels are consistently ex players who have never spent a minute in journalism school. Each ex player draws from their own past within the league. More often than not, their weekly picks are biased. You rarely see thim pick against their former team. JC for MVP talk last year is an example of this going the other way. They can mention it, but you know it will never happen.

I find it hard to believe that a NFL GM/ coach is going to take what Michael Irvin, as an example, may say, as an indicator of a players ability over their own homework.

All of the old Broncos now are warming up to the Skins. Schlereth was gushing about Shanahan being able to work a deal with Snyder that will help Snyder learn how to be an owner in the NFL.

Jackson likewise is all of a sudden complimenting the hiring of Allen and then Mike as 'astute' moves by the organization that will lead to future success.

No Super Bowl winning coach has ever won a Super Bowl anywhere else. I'm not feeling so great.

This is such a silly little stat. It's like Super Bowl winning coaches trade teams everyday, lol.

Look, Vince Lombardi didn't get a chance to coach for us for more than a year due to his death, but he had us competing right away. There are few people who doubt that he would've taken us all the way.

Just recently, Mike Holmgren had the Seattle Seahawks a consistent contender after leaving the Packers with which he won a Super Bowl. In '05 he took the Seahawks to the Super Bowl itself, but lost to the Steelers in a game that had a lot of questionable calls going the Steelers way.

Again, this is a silly stat, so no need to worry my man. Good times are ahead. :)

No Super Bowl winning coach has ever won a Super Bowl anywhere else. I'm not feeling so great.

No HC while coaching these teams ever won the Super Bowl.

* Buffalo Bills (0-4) consecutively 1991-1994

* Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) 1982, 1989

* Tennessee Titans (0-1) 2000

* San Diego Chargers (0-1) 1995

* Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) 1981, 2005

* Minnesota Vikings (0-4) 1970, 1974, 1975, 1977

* Carolina Panthers (0-1) 2004

* Atlanta Falcons (0-1) 1999

* Seattle Seahawks (0-1) 2006

* Arizona Cardinals (0-1) 2009

* The Cleveland Browns

* Jacksonville Jaguars

* Houston Texans

* Detroit Lions

* New Orleans Saints

That's like a half of the teams.

1st time for everything. There have been some super bowl winning coaches, such as Parcells and Holmgren that have made it to the SB with a different team, they just lost.

Not only Tom Jackson. I've heard more than a few ex Broncos players saying how Shanahan is the best man for the job. Shannon Sharpe even said complentary things about the Redskins. I wouldn't be surprised to see more sports media pundits jump on the watch out for Shanahan and the Washington Redskins come pre season. Partly because we really do have talent. As well as Shanahan's proven success record. I expect us to be better than 4-12 though....500 would be good. Anything beyond that would be icing on the cake.

In Shanahan's first season as Head Coach for the Broncos (1995) he went 8-8. The Broncos were a 7-9 team coached by Wade Phillips at the time. From the looks of it, this task may be more daunting to turn us around, however, Shanahan is a better head coach now than he was then. I have faith that he'll do it.

Not a bad thread for a camp fodder... Nice post, too.

Tom Jackson has had it out for us since the SB, you are right.

The media can be swayed just as easily as they sway the people, but it does seem Jason Campbell is more of a starter now that Shanny endorsed it.

I vote one-year tender for JC.

Archived