Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential rb to draft: Ben Tate

Skins_Win_Again

Can you 'put things in context' when murder or rape is involved?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Can you 'put things in context' when murder or rape is involved?

• NO: Evil is Evil
    • No: but it doesnt have to be THE defining
    • Yes: A person lives and entire life
    • Depends on how horrible it is.

The kid is listed at 5-11 and 220 so hes a big guy but he has some good speed. His stats from this season are 263 attempts for 1,362 yards and 10 touchdowns. He has 678 attempts for 3,321 yards and 24 touchdowns on his carreer. He's not a big name guy so hes not likely to be drafted early therefore we could probly use one of our later picks for him like a 6th.

I couldnt find any highlight videos of him but i did find a couple videos of some nice hits he put on eric berry.

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/Dyren/auup/?action=view&current=jkkk.flv

Tate is just a solid RB, bit like Adrian Foster in Houston....he could have the same type of production.

In the Shanahan off Joe McKnight would look good, a bit of same type as CP when he entered the league. We know how that worked out. With some luck he could fall to the 4th round. But I think we are not going to draft a RB unless Shanny really like someone....we already have Betts, (Portis), the exDenver RB and Ganther.

No No NO and NO! This guy played for SNow Hill high school here in Maryland. The kid was such a punk during the State Championship game at Ravens stadium. Him and another player ended up being benched or ejected for late hits and trying to satrt fights during the game. They were down about 2 scores and he fumbled twice.i Funny i heard from so many people b4 that game about how great he was. But that day agaiinst tiny 1 a school from western maryland whose only college bound player was a backup tight-end who went to deleware st he was pedestrian.

No No NO and NO! This guy played for SNow Hill high school here in Maryland. The kid was such a punk during the State Championship game at Ravens stadium. Him and another player ended up being benched or ejected for late hits and trying to satrt fights during the game. They were down about 2 scores and he fumbled twice.i Funny i heard from so many people b4 that game about how great he was. But that day agaiinst tiny 1 a school from western maryland whose only college bound player was a backup tight-end who went to deleware st he was pedestrian.

That was years ago. he was 18 his maturity has changed a lot..

Ryan Mathews from Fresno St. is my early leader for draft man crush! He led the nation in rushing yards. More importantly, he looks like exactly the type of running back Shanny likes. He makes one cut and then gets downhill. Real good speed, and very hard to bring down. He really fights for every extra yard. Honestly, he sort of reminds me of Terrell Davis.... He'll be a second rounder most likely.... I say make it happen!

I haven't heard of any discipline problem since he has been at Auburn.

He finished Auburn with the 5th highest all-time rushing record. And that was trying to run out of the awful 5-8 W/L spread offense Auburn had in 2008. He's a one cut, power type runner and he's especially good at getting around the corners. SEC commentators all say he will have as good a pro career as Rudi Johnson or Heath Evans.

WOW, blast an 18 year old kid :doh: He would be a decent later round pick. Dont think he'll last till 6th (we dont have one anyway...J.Taylor). I love Auburn backs, the only recent flame out was Kenny Irons, drafted by Cincy late and didnt get much of a chance. If we dont get a RB earlier, would be a nice 5th rounder (he may go 4th)

WOW, blast an 18 year old kid :doh: He would be a decent later round pick. Dont think he'll last till 6th (we dont have one anyway...J.Taylor). I love Auburn backs, the only recent flame out was Kenny Irons, drafted by Cincy late and didnt get much of a chance. If we dont get a RB earlier, would be a nice 5th rounder (he may go 4th)

Kenny Irons wasn't exactly a flame out. He tore his ACL in his first NFL start. Hung his cleat in the turf. His Dad post occasionally on the Scout Auburn board and has said that Kenny's rehab did not go well so I doubt if he'll play again. I think he could have had a good career, maybe not great career.

Ben Tate is listed as the 6th ranked back out of 188. I've also read that he is projected for the 4th round, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted in the 3rd.

Kenny Irons wasn't exactly a flame out. He tore his ACL in his first NFL start. Hung his cleat in the turf. His Dad post occasionally on the Scout Auburn board and has said that Kenny's rehab did not go well so I doubt if he'll play again. I think he could have had a good career, maybe not great career.

Ben Tate is listed as the 6th ranked back out of 188. I've also read that he is projected for the 4th round, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted in the 3rd.

I do remember his injury now. SUCKS that an operation/rehab dont go well. Hes so young I would consider having it redone.

I do not know whom we should draft, but I think a RB is definitely the way to go with the first round pick

I disagree O LINE is the glaring need. O LINE it doesn't matter if we had Adrian Peterson as our back if he had Heyer,Williams & Co as his line. For all the grieve some of you blasted Synder/Cerrato with you are doing the same damn thing.

F.Y.I-We already have Anthony Alridge who's a Shanahan guy.

I disagree O LINE is the glaring need. O LINE it doesn't matter if we had Adrian Peterson as our back if he had Heyer,Williams & Co as his line. For all the grieve some of you blasted Synder/Cerrato with you are doing the same damn thing.

F.Y.I-We already have Anthony Alridge who's a Shanahan guy.

Just cause Alridge is a "Shanny" guy doesnt mean the fans should just fall in love also. My roster dark horse is PJ Hill, we got on Dec 30th, unless we already dropped him.

I played against him in high school. I didnt like him at all. Selfish attitude and showed no respect for his coaches. In the Auburn bowl game he dunked the ball through the goal post at the end of the game resulting in a penalty. Not to mention he fumbled on a late drive leading to Auburn barely winning in overtime.

Per: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2321

Tate felt compelled to go out and say that he was better than Alabama RB and Heisman hopeful Mark Ingram.

Tate racks up his stats in bunches, but too often is a non-factor throughout entire games. For now, it looks like Tate will go off the board during the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Yeah but there's a little more to it than that. My cousin played in the game #4 on Allegany. He was one of the players who forced a fumble on Ben Tate. Was cheap shot 2 more times during the game. One by Ben Tate after the play. And one by # 6 I'm not sure what the kids name was.

Eh, Ben Tate is a good back. But he lacks explosiveness. More of a bruiser with a bit of elusiveness.

Dexter McCluster has amazing explosion. He's a game-changer.

Really, a 5'9" 190# RB???? Sure draft a guy who could hit the occassional home run BUT strike out alot. At RB I'll take consistantsey and a bigger back who can get TOUGH yards and make a hole on the goal line. Everyone has the Cris Johnson syndrome. Not saying hes not a great looking young back BUT not every speedster is a CJ. At least CJ is 200-210#. If McBuster had tree stumps like MJD Im putting my chips in, NOT legs like a wr.

He was 18 at the time. I was a huge douche at 18. Most of us were.

I've changed, hopefully Tate has too.

Really, a 5'9" 190# RB???? Sure draft a guy who could hit the occassional home run BUT strike out alot. At RB I'll take consistantsey and a bigger back who can get TOUGH yards and make a hole on the goal line. Everyone has the Cris Johnson syndrome. Not saying hes not a great looking young back BUT not every speedster is a CJ. At least CJ is 200-210#. If McBuster had tree stumps like MJD Im putting my chips in, NOT legs like a wr.

You have to see him play. McCluster has very good vision, and his best assett is that he literally sets up defenders for his moves. It's one thing to be able to juke a DB, its another when you're playing games with him.

I'd much rather have Gerhart and McCluster. Gerhart is a great bruiser who will eat up yards and TDs.

Archived