Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Bugel to retire......

Tom [Giants fan]

I tried doing a search on this but the search feature didn't work and I didn't see this posted.

Redskins | Bugel expected to retire

Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:18:17 -0800

Barry Svrluga and Jason Reid, of The Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins offensive line coach Joe Bugel is expected to retire after 32 seasons in the NFL.

FYI, the on-board search feature doesn't work properly here. The best way to search, is to set up and use a custom extremeskins google search. I set one up, and it can be accessed here:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=014998678552224067617:xfd5r7jqcg0&hl=en

..uses the google platform to search extremeskins.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Buges - You will ALWAYS be a Redskin and we will miss you!!! :(

FYI, the on-board search feature doesn't work properly here. The best way to search, is to set up and use a custom extremeskins google search. I set one up, and it can be accessed here:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=014998678552224067617:xfd5r7jqcg0&hl=en

..uses the google platform to search extremeskins.

If it works properly please can we get a sticky or a link to it on the main page.

I'm fine with letting the thread stand. As the other thread states in the OP, the previous thread has mixed topic and the OP himself suggests Bugle have his own thread. The ES google search option has been a sticky for months at a time, several times. We have to rotate sticky threads due to ever-changing spots available at the top of the forum for various needs, though many people never seem to read them anyway. :)

Joe Bugel is one of the greatest coaches in the history of the NFL and certainly the Redskins. I will miss seeing him standing out there yelling at guys on game day. I always knew he would get the most out of what he was given and he certainly did this year. I mean honestly, how many starting lineups and putting all these scrubs, washups, never-beens, and turnstyles out there and somehow performing at a good level for a while there...Bugel has been one hell of a coach.

Buges is the man. He has always been one of my favorite Redskins, and he will remain a Redskin for life and beyond. I know he was coaching the Cardinals when we won our last SB, but I still believe that his coaching and influence was part of that '91 team.

I will ever be grateful for what Buges has done and endured for this franchise. He is a class act and one hell of a coach. Thank you, Coach Bugel!!!

Buges probably did the best coaching job over anyone else in the entire league this year. Given the injuries and our roster, their performance was not as bad as it could have been without Buges.

One of my personal favorite coaches. Good luck in what ever it is that remains out there for you Buges. You will be missed.

When is he eligible for the Hall of Fame . . . .

First ballot?

what a legend...i love that man.

talk about the old cool guy with a ton of stories, endless nicknames and a good quote.

he really had that oline ticking for a few games, and than i think the turmoil and strife of this circus of a season just beat everyone down.

who knows.

Archived