Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A running back to keep eye on in mid-late rounds

bubba9497

I love Hardesty. He is fast enough to have some breakaway speed and big enough to take the NFC (B)East pounding. I think the Redskins will definitely go after a RB if they can trade back in the draft. I would most definitely be happy with Hardesty or Knight.

HTTR

Joe McKnight would be sweet. I know he was a bit of an underachiever at USC but I think he has the size and the talent to be effective in the NFL.

The big red flag with McKnight is the fact that he takes atrocious care of the football. He was game breaker at SC, but he had a propensity to fumble at the worst times. That can be coached up and he would be a mid round steal.

I like Hardesty, I watched him against Auburn and Florida, he is a punishing pack, who's gotten faster this year.

This is true (smoked pot) and that is why I have seen him projected from a UDFA to as high as the 5th round pick.

That being said he rushed for 1479 yds and 7 tds on a pass first team that only had 5 wins vs. 6 losses in 2009. He also returns kicks and catches passes. So if he is clean and can run a sub 4.3 at the combine some team may take a chance on him late. Could be a steal.

:logo:

If we can get him that late because he smoked ****ing pot, which I guarantee at least half the league has done, that's a godsend.

Ryan Matthews SHOULD BE OUR 2ND PICK!!! I THINK HE COULD BE THE NEXT TERRELL DAVIS!!! HE HAS BREAK AWAY SPEED, IS A EVERY DOWN BACK, TAKES THE HIT TO THE ENEMY AND HAS A STRONG STIFF ARM...HIS FILM IS GREAT. LOOKS ALOT BIGGER THAN WHAT HE IS AND RUNS HEAD ON...CAN MAKE YOU MISS COMPLETLY...IM AFRAID HE WONT MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST...

Ryan Matthews SHOULD BE OUR 2ND PICK!!! I THINK HE COULD BE THE NEXT TERRELL DAVIS!!! HE HAS BREAK AWAY SPEED, IS A EVERY DOWN BACK, TAKES THE HIT TO THE ENEMY AND HAS A STRONG STIFF ARM...HIS FILM IS GREAT. LOOKS ALOT BIGGER THAN WHAT HE IS AND RUNS HEAD ON...CAN MAKE YOU MISS COMPLETLY...IM AFRAID HE WONT MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST...

He wouldn't be a bad selection, especially if we manage to trade down in the first once or twice and stockpile 2nd/3rd rounders. Build the OL, add an everydown back, and fix the secondary. That should be the plan.

if we wait for the mid rounds to take hardesty we will have missed out. hes my fastest rising rb and the best fit in the draft when it comes to shanahans style offense. when its said and done theres no way this guy is going to last past the mid 3rd round and will move into the 2nd with a good combine. if he runs anywhere in the 4.4-4.45 range than i cant see him slipping past the 2nd round. he is hands down one of the most complete backs in the draft.

ideally, id LOVE to trade down in the 2nd to pick up a 3rd round pick and take Hardesty with one of those two picks and oline with the other.

Hardesty had a good game against VA Tech

Crompton stunk it up for the Vols.:mad:

Williams got hurt early in the game

What else is new? Crompton is agood on the roll out, but that's about it. The Vols threat on offense is the run game, the other teams know that, yet they still have very good success in the ground game. I wouldn't mind Hardesty at all. Him and Alridge could be a nice combo.

most have him in the 4th round

McCluster in the 4th would be a steal for us. I dont really understand why he is projected so far back. This looks to be a pretty deep year for RBs. Had man crushes on both McCluster and McNutt (WR from Iowa) this year. We need to draft them and Colt McCoy and run the McOffense.

McCluster in the 4th would be a steal for us. I dont really understand why he is projected so far back. This looks to be a pretty deep year for RBs. Had man crushes on both McCluster and McNutt (WR from Iowa) this year. We need to draft them and Colt McCoy and run the McOffense.

I expect early-mid third but he is so slight (180lbs or so) he could get passed over. He is tough to tackle for his size, I hope we get him somehow. Maybe a trade back in the first or second to pickup a 3rd.

The big red flag with McKnight is the fact that he takes atrocious care of the football. He was game breaker at SC, but he had a propensity to fumble at the worst times. That can be coached up and he would be a mid round steal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=236598

McKnight doesn't have a recorded fumble in 3 years at USC :cool:

Not sure who you are thinking of.

There's a cat for Central Michigan named Antonio Brown who is a pretty good player.

Considering the recent success of unheralded and underrated backs from the MAC and lesser conferences, I think I'm leaning in that direction. One of these guys will drop because NFL scouts and FOs still get hot over big league guys and underestimate talent and production.

Antonio Brown is a beast. Makes plays when they count

"Projected 40 time."

How the hell do you project someones 40 time.

Pick a number between 4.3 and 4.7 to fit the stats you need :D

I also really want a running back in this draft. Our crop is NOT getting it done obviously. There are a **** ton of really good backs in this draft that can be had in the later rounds. Hardesty and McKnight stand out, Gerhart is on my radar because I LOVE his character and the way he runs, he reminds me of a calmer Chris Cooley. He is a Mike Alstott type situation waiting to happen.

I've been wanting CJ Spiller for months now but it looks like, barring a horrible combine, he will be gone by the second round, and I don't think we need to spend a pick on RB in the second when we can have a pick of a good crop in the 4th or the 5th (hell even the 3rd if we trade down). Spiller could be special like Brian Westbrook is.

Dexter McCluster Ole Miss

small, tough, grease ****ing lightning fast

another mancrush candidate :D

McCluster would be awesome on the Skins.

He could go in the 2/3 round, though, and with the Skins not having a 3rd round pick I would be shocked if they picked him up in the 2nd.

Would be nice, though.

Archived