Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can/Will Chris Samuels rethink his retirement now?

JMac

What are the chances that we can get Chris to rethink his retirement now that Shanny is on board. I have hopes that with the new coach and new atmosphere he would change his mind about playing again. I have never really felt his retirement was official.

We obviously need to draft or sign his replacement but it would also be nice to have Chris back and playing with us if he can infact play at 100% and not be limited.

I would be shocked if Shanny has not already contacted him. Thoughts?

What are the chances that we can get Chris to rethink his retirement now that Shanny is on board. I have hopes that with the new coach and new atmosphere he would change his mind about playing again. I have never really felt his retirement was official.

We obviously need to draft or sign his replacement but it would also be nice to have Chris back and playing with us if he can infact play at 100% and not be limited.

I would be shocked if Shanny has not already contacted him. Thoughts?

His health and future is in question, its best for him to walk away as much as we need him.

If his health is that jacked up why hasn't he retired yet then? I didn't think it was quite as bad as you guys are saying. I thought he was taking a wait and see approach

He was/is.

Though I think he really needs to stop playing football just for the quality of his life. He really doesn't need to tempt fate twice...

His health and future is in question, its best for him to walk away as much as we need him.

This.

CS needs to make sure that he'll be able to enjoy the rest of his life after football ends. It would be wonderful to have him back and win the Superbowl and have him retire the way he deserves. I'd much rather see him walk away relatively intact and enjoy life.

Damn dude, the man is facing possible life changing circumstances if he continues to play with his condition. You want him to gamble it all away to play a game?!

Agreed

Some threads in here are just SILLY..THINK before you post people..also there are numerous threads on this subject already..new coach or not..that is irrelevant!

If his health is that jacked up why hasn't he retired yet then? I didn't think it was quite as bad as you guys are saying. I thought he was taking a wait and see approach

Playing Football isn't worth having something more serious happening when he's 40. It's a hard struggle, once you get over an initial injury, to come to grips with and define the fact that you may not be so lucky a second time. He has a congenital neck condition and another injury may be one from which there is no recovery. It's not an easy thing to consider.

I dont want him to play anymore. I'll take his health for years over him coming back for a year and me praying before every snap he's on the field that he'll be okay.

He's earned his respect, not only with us but in the league. Do I wish we could have gotten him a ring? Absolutely, but is it worth him coming back for and possibly being hurt for good? No.

Archived