Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar's "theory" as to why Gray will be the defensive coordinator

SMOSS89

Two things....

I can see Grey definitely getting the DC job. He was great in Buffalo and he probably runs a similiar defense as Gregg Williams. Williams was the coach who brought Grey with him to the Skins.

I see some are asking why would the Skins hire a guy who was ran our secondary which underperformed. He wasn't he one calling the plays. He had to work with the decisions that Blache made which were piss poor. Blache seemed to be in love with the Cover 2 scheme which calls for the safeties to cover deep halves and the corners to cover short. That is probably the reason that our corners gave huge cushions.

Jerry Gray has no ties or loyalty to Zorn. He was in-place already when Zorn got here. For all we know, he may not even like the guy behind closed doors.

I would respectfully disagree.

He most certainly does have ties and loyalty to Zorn because ultimatley he was still the head coach of the football team, and was Jerry Gray still the secondary coach.

Jerry could of easily expressed to Snyder, "Hey, thanks im flattered, but that really puts me in akward with position with Coach Zorn and the entire staff".

The entire situation just felt very Oakland Raiderish to me

It just doesn't make sense to me because they could interview whoever. It doesn't cost them anything to bring in any minority candidate and interview him, so why promise something to Gray when they didn't even need him in the first place.

The guy also had arguably the most raw talent to work with of any position coach on the whole team and our secondary was terrible. He seems like a good interview for the press but he's one of the last coaches I'd like to bring back, much less promote.

I don't see Shanahan letting this happen, if Gray gets the job its because thats what Shanny wants and not because he satisfied some rule.

Yeah, exactly. If we keep JG it'll be because Shanny wants to. I really hope we get Zimmer, though, and can start forcing turnovers for once.

I thought Shanny was picking his own coaching staff?

If Gray is hired, then little dan has hired the HC and DC. What does Bruce Allen do?

I see you posting these slams in every thread possible.

Did you invest your savings in Six Flags or something?

Archived