Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan should make a go for Peyton Hillis

SirClintonPortis

I appreciate Mike Sellers contributions to the ‘Skins over the years, but I would love to see this team go in a different direction with the current FB position. Two guys who are dynamic players that could thrive with Kyle Shanahan as the OC is Peyton Hillis from DEN or Brian Leonard from CIN.

I watched Leonard a lot when he played for Rutgers and the backfield of Ray Rice and Brian Leonard was unbelievable. Their offense was very efficient and moved the ball well when both were in the game at the same time. I can’t say I saw a lot of Hillis when he played for Arkansas, but he and Leonard seem like very similar players. Both have excellent hands in the passing game and run with power. Having one of these guys on the field with Cooley/Davis/Moss/Devin T and a hungry half-back would be awesome. CIN signed Leonard this past offseason and he’s played well for them this year, so I don’t know how available he’ll be. Hillis looks like an afterthought in Josh McDaniel’s offense, so perhaps we could land him.

Shanahan had big things planned for Hillis this year. Hillis is a pretty good FB, but he is an excellent route runner and WR. Plus he did excellent when they lined him up at HB and believe me those defenders did not want to tackle him. Shanny had a plan for hillis. He was going to line him up and use him the way the colts use Dallas Clark who is virtually unstoppable in the passing game. Hillis is a special player. Like Terrell Davis special. McDipscit was too arrogant enough to realize the players he brought in suck. All of Shanny's hold overs were forgotten. Hillis will make so team very happy. I hope it's a team that will now how to get the most out of him.

Regarding Hillis. The all Pro center for Denver last year said that had Hillis not been injured Denver would have made the playoffs. There are faster craftier running backs but Hillis brings an attidude and toughness that is infectious. As for the doghouse like the Redskins and Redskin faithfull will learn and have learned a new coach is going to bring in new players. McDaniels stamp on the Broncs as his first draft pick ever was Moreno. Hillis was a no win situation for him. If you read the Broncos message boards you will find he is by far the most talked about non starter on their boards. Of course there always 2 sides but most agree that having Hillis is better than not having him. He is not a #1 feature back but as part of a rotation or catching passes out of the backfield you could do a whole lot worse!!! By the way he had 1 fumble in 2 years and that was on a kickoff return.. Moreno had 4 fumbles

Regarding Hillis. The all Pro center for Denver last year said that had Hillis not been injured Denver would have made the playoffs. There are faster craftier running backs but Hillis brings an attidude and toughness that is infectious. As for the doghouse like the Redskins and Redskin faithfull will learn and have learned a new coach is going to bring in new players. McDaniels stamp on the Broncs as his first draft pick ever was Moreno. Hillis was a no win situation for him. If you read the Broncos message boards you will find he is by far the most talked about non starter on their boards. Of course there always 2 sides but most agree that having Hillis is better than not having him. He is not a #1 feature back but as part of a rotation or catching passes out of the backfield you could do a whole lot worse!!! By the way he had 1 fumble in 2 years and that was on a kickoff return.. Moreno had 4 fumbles

In terms of popularity, he may be like their Colt Brennan. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to get him if he has no chance with them.

I was actually wondering the other day if PH could be apart of this team. For what its worth IMO he is one of those "do it all" guys, we used to have a guy like that here in DC, his number 30, is up there in the stadium.. who IMO should be a HOF'er. This guy is RB/FB, hits the hole with pure power and strength, agility and burst speed to break it for 20s to 40s, excellent receiver out of the backfield and can block and he is just starting his career. A rarity amongst most of the players we have gotten in the past. Denver has too many backs.. maybe we pick him up.

Is this just because he played in Denver? FYI everyone, there are other players in the NFL who are good. Not everyone who was coached by Shanahan needs to come here.

Hillis can be very good. Shanahan if he wouldn't have gotten fired was going to start using him like the way Indy uses Dallas Clark. Hillis has very good hands so they can make him an H-back, TE, FB and he does run the ball very well from the running back position. Plus he would come cheap. If they could bring him in and move Cooley for a draft pick I think that would be great.

• 9 months later...

Yeah, I like to show all of you doubters who were utterly trashing the guy.

144 yds against Baltimroe, in THEIR HOUSE.

A touchdown or more in every game.

Now a feature back.

4.6 ypc.

http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonhillis/gamelogs?id=HIL734134

Now, I'm going to curse Josh McDaniels for not trading him to us. However, that's only if the FO didn't try to negotiate something in the first place. Whatever, I'll still hate him for his looks.

Shanahan had big things planned for Hillis this year. Hillis is a pretty good FB, but he is an excellent route runner and WR. Plus he did excellent when they lined him up at HB and believe me those defenders did not want to tackle him. Shanny had a plan for hillis. He was going to line him up and use him the way the colts use Dallas Clark who is virtually unstoppable in the passing game. Hillis is a special player. Like Terrell Davis special. McDipscit was too arrogant enough to realize the players he brought in suck. All of Shanny's hold overs were forgotten. Hillis will make so team very happy. I hope it's a team that will now how to get the most out of him.

I'd like to quote myself and give myself a pat on the back!:beavisnbutthead::helmet::beavisnbutthead:

oldskool.....paging oldskool.

:)

seriously, its only been a few games, but the guy looks legit. wonder why shanny didnt bring him here?

Well, Hillis was not a FA. McDoofus traded him to Cleveland PLUS two draft picks for QB Brady Quinn.:ols::ols::ols:

I'm positive if Hillis was a FA Shanny would have brought him here. Hillis is much better than Torain. Shanny does not trade for RBs he drafts them in the mid rounds. In all his time as a coach he has only traded for one RB and that was Avery from the Dolphins back in the day and that was beause he wanted to ship off a bust that he had...... the player escapes my memory at this point.

Anyway, good for Hillis, he is a very humble player, and a Baller for sure. With his style he might have an injury plagued career but he is a great guy to have on the roster. Curently, Hillis has more rushing yards and scored more running TDs than the Denver Broncos' entire team. KARMA BABY!!!!!!!!!

Archived