Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan should make a go for Peyton Hillis

SirClintonPortis

We have been,and are going to be getting a bunch of these over the course of the offseason. Especially with a new staff coming in. What would make this,(and others like it),much better,is more information on the player your suggesting. Make a strong case. The info is out there,just go get it and put it in the op. He was beast? How do we know this aside from your statement. Broncos tanked after they lost him? Prove it. That kind of thing. Just a few suggestions.

YES! Hillis is the man. I'm not sure how we would get him, but McDaniels barely ever uses him in his offense and when Shanahan coached he was utilized often. I know he won't be able to replace the wrath of Mike Sellers, but he is a warrior who plays with absolute passion and can block, run, receive, and even throw. Hillis in DC=Trucking any Cowboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eATtg3xbY5g

Just read the Bronco's fans comments. They love him.

We have been,and are going to be getting a bunch of these over the course of the offseason. Especially with a new staff coming in. What would make this,(and others like it),much better,is more information on the player your suggesting. Make a strong case. The info is out there,just go get it and put it in the op. He was beast? How do we know this aside from your statement. Broncos tanked after they lost him? Prove it. That kind of thing. Just a few suggestions.
While I ideally would go over every play he had in his 100-yd game against the Jets, I'll use this highlight vids to illustrate some of his abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9cSqlca4w

He's great at catching the ball and running with power. He pushed back a Browns D-linemen plenty of yards to get the first down.

This draft is deep in running backs, especially on the 2nd day.

I'd rather take a hungry rookie than waste a pick on an RFA.

McDaniels hasn't used Hillis at all. Chances are we could get him for a very low-round draft pick because he was originally a 7th rounder.

Hillis is also young as well. 2009 was his second year.

McDaniels hasn't used Hillis at all. Chances are we could get him for a very low-round draft pick because he was originally a 7th rounder.

If we get him for a low pick (6th or something?) and then can get a speedy back like McCluster in the 5th or so, bulk up on the O-line, that's an instant surge in the run game and an added dimension to the offense.

http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonhillis/careerstats?id=HIL734134

His stats say he's fumbled once in his career.

On the other hand, he's had 81 touches in 26 career games. Not much to base wanting to trade for him, especially with alot of talent coming via the draft this year.

I think that a 7th rounder is the most we'd give up for the dude because McDaniels hasn't done anything to inflate his stock. Shanahan is essentially drafting a 7th round RB/FB with some NFL experience already under his belt. Hell, McDaniels may even cut him if he deems Hillis expendable.

The videos of Hillis have convinced me he'd be a great asset to the organization.

Seeing a FB leap that high in the air for a catch... nice!

When he's running, it's crazy how he stuns dudes bigger than him and moves them 2-3 yards down the field.

Great foot work and awareness when near the sideline as well.

I love how people see Hillis play one game, catch a highlight reel on YouTube or look up stats on ESPN and we are now suddenly experts on Hillis.

There have been fumble issues and injury issues that have put him in the doghouse in Denver. It is a fact.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing him on our team, but as a FB and not a featured ball carrier.

I think that a 7th rounder is the most we'd give up for the dude because McDaniels hasn't done anything to inflate his stock. Shanahan is essentially drafting a 7th round RB/FB with some NFL experience already under his belt. Hell, McDaniels may even cut him if he deems Hillis expendable.

This guy isn't an upgrade from either Quinton Ganther or Marcus Mason, so wasting a pick on him isn't smart.

We need a starter to take over for Portis, not just more so-so talent.

This guy isn't an upgrade from either Quinton Ganther or Marcus Mason, so wasting a pick on him isn't smart.

We need a starter to take over for Portis, not just more so-so talent.

7th round picks are crapshoot land. Hillis isn't that far removed from his rookie season and when he WAS placed into the starting role FOR the very coach the Redskins just hired, he PERFORMED WELL(A TD in every one of his starts).

He's a better pass catcher and has better feet than Ganther and Mason.

So in essence, what you're suggesting is that when we:

- make our point (our thesis)

- we back it up with proper information and ideas/theories

- uses sources to prove said ideas/information

What in the h*** is this?

I always knew teachers/professors trolled these boards!

Hey, maybe some of the media could take note and learn how to become professionals... let's hope they give their thanks to PCS!

I love how people see Hillis play one game, catch a highlight reel on YouTube or look up stats on ESPN and we are now suddenly experts on Hillis.

There have been fumble issues and injury issues that have put him in the doghouse in Denver. It is a fact.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing him on our team, but as a FB and not a featured ball carrier.

Yes, he would replace Mike Sellers as FB. He would also boost our ground game as well because he runs like a Running Back.

Archived