Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder on RN: "We know it could take some time"

SMOSS89

And we would still be in last place. maybe 5-11. Gibbs 2 was a disapointment, imo.
That would have been in 2008 if Gibbs had stayed, and we would have squeaked into the playoffs this year, going by the pattern set in Gibbs 2.0.

'Course if we kept Saunders, started Collins, Williams was still running the D (not a huge difference, but I think we'd be better off) and here's the big If: If we had gotten a couple decent backups/new starters at O-Line, then maybe we'd have a chance at winning a Superbowl. Not a huge chance like the Colts this year, just sayin.....

Instead here we are. The Zorn and Vinny era was a disappointment. Not Gibbs 2.0.

edit: Oh yeah, and Gibbs would've had to stay with us an extra year.

He won NFL Executive of the Year in Oakland once. GM for the Bucs ('04-'08) and an executive with the Raiders ('96-'03).

So, whats an Exec. DO? Is it paperwork? And GM usually in charge of players and personel, right? Is that what he will be doing here? I'm just not understanding why we need a big name to do paperwork, or evaluate players, free agents etc... If he is good at it ok, but hopefully its not because of his dads name.

Actually, it will be 3 seasons..... and "this is the guy he has wanted most" .... at the moment.

Snyder and Shanahan have been buddies (or so it would appear) for the past 10 years now. I'd say he's probably up there with Gibbs in terms of having Snyder's trust. I really can't see Snyder turning on Shanny any time soon. He's going to get his full contract to turn around the team.

I believe Shanny is within the same league as Gibbs (dont bash me too hard for saying that...LOL!!!) dont get me wrong...I will always think Gibbs is Mr Redskin and what the redskins are all about...but...for Snyder...he hit the lottery with this hire/signing...and I believe he knows this...Snyder will not screw this up.. i also believe Gibbs taught Snyder football and what an owner should look for in a head coach...I bet Shanahan is similar to gibbs...but shanny might be a bit tougher on his players verbally...I think both gibbs and shanny are very similar with what the expect of there players on the field...and wont put up with the BS...this was a great hire..we as skins fans...should be on cloud 9

That would have been in 2008 if Gibbs had stayed, and we would have squeaked into the playoffs this year, going by the pattern set in Gibbs 2.0.

'Course if we kept Saunders, started Collins, Williams was still running the D (not a huge difference, but I think we'd be better off) and here's the big If: If we had gotten a couple decent backups/new starters at O-Line, then maybe we'd have a chance at winning a Superbowl. Not a huge chance like the Colts this year, just sayin.....

Instead here we are. The Zorn and Vinny era was a disappointment. Not Gibbs 2.0.

edit: Oh yeah, and Gibbs would've had to stay with us an extra year.

Hold on. Wait. I don't agree at all with the "not a huge difference if Williams was running D." statement. This D coach I thought was horrible. Williams was awesome. They had 2 different styles where Williams had all kinds of blitzing going on. This guy just had the D in Zone or cover 2 almost all the time. Every team walked up and down the field at will. It only get better inside our own red zone because their was less field to cover.

The reason why he is so giddy and happy is for the first time in his ownership he has the two pieces of the puzzle there with him to be successful. Allen and Shanahan have proven track records of success and not just a smoke and screens kind of guy like Cerrato was. Cerrato never had a proven track record of his own and Dan figured it out after too many years of disappointments and bad player decisions by Cerrato. Zorn was just the tip of the iceberg that led to the Cerrato so-called resignation.

Hold on. Wait. I don't agree at all with the "not a huge difference if Williams was running D." statement. This D coach I thought was horrible. Williams was awesome. They had 2 different styles where Williams had all kinds of blitzing going on. This guy just had the D in Zone or cover 2 almost all the time. Every team walked up and down the field at will. It only get better inside our own red zone because their was less field to cover.

You didnt watch much of Gibbs 2 did you those defenses gave up some yards and darn near every team walke dup and down on us

So, whats an Exec. DO? Is it paperwork? And GM usually in charge of players and personel, right? Is that what he will be doing here? I'm just not understanding why we need a big name to do paperwork, or evaluate players, free agents etc... If he is good at it ok, but hopefully its not because of his dads name.

I doubt it's because of his dad's name, considering Shanny hand-picked him, and Shanny has no history with the Redskins. Snyder fired Vinny and hired Allen because that's what Shanny wanted to happen. So if you have reservations about Allen, take it up with Shanny.

I doubt it's because of his dad's name, considering Shanny hand-picked him, and Shanny has no history with the Redskins. Snyder fired Vinny and hired Allen because that's what Shanny wanted to happen. So if you have reservations about Allen, take it up with Shanny.

Thats fine. I'm not jumping on anyones bandwagon like most of you. Neither one has done squat for this team. Shanny's latest reputation got him fired for 2 losing seasons. Two losing seasons with Zorn and everyone wanted him out so they hired Shanny which is past his prime as a HC. Good luck.

Maybe. Williams would stop blitzing when our secondary was depleted by injuries, and it would look an awful lot like Blechhhh's scheme. Both have the D-Line play run first, and pressure with the SAM and other players.

I think it's debatable.

Basically it's a four year HC contract. There probably won't be any football in 2012-13 season. Anything can happen. We didn't expect Marty to get fired, but he did. We didn't expect Gibbs to resign, but he did. Zorn proved that just staying competitive isn't enough. It only took a year and a half for the whole Redskins nation to revolt because of losing. Winning cures all.

I think NOT having Cerratto in his ear has opened his eyes. Its the old "Wormtongue" effect. This guy has spent money like NO OTHER OWNER...he was a nepphyte fantasy league player enouraged by a yes-man.

I'm willing to reset the clock @ zero with Dan and judge future performance.

(still..his lawyering up on ticket holders is still a black mark on his social graces)

Archived