Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder on RN: "We know it could take some time"

SMOSS89

Also said he's happy we have a high draft pick.

Booya. Check the link on the front page.

Could it be? Could Snyder give him more than 2 seasons to figure this thing out? Could Snyder really have changed?

Time will tell, but Mike could get time to do this.

Why would he fire Shanahan after two seasons? This is the guy he has wanted most.

He wanted Spurrier reeeeally bad too. I don't think it would happen with Shanahan, but Snyder has been known to get fidgety when things don't start going well quickly. We just have to hope he's learned some lessons. He has to give this arrangement a full and fair chance to succeed, and then some.

And if in the end it doesn't work out, the answer is not to revert to the Snyderatto structure. We've tried that.

He wanted Spurrier reeeeally bad too. I don't think it would happen with Shanahan, but Snyder has been known to get fidgety when things don't start going well quickly. We just have to hope he's learned some lessons. He has to give this arrangement a full and fair chance to succeed, and then some.

And if in the end it doesn't work out, the answer is not to revert to the Snyderatto structure. We've tried that.

1. Spurrier was not a proven NFL coach with Super Bowl trophies.

2. Snyder didn't fire Spurrier.

3. Things weren't all rosey with Gibbs, but Gibbs was a proven winner in the NFL, so Snyder let him be (and would, apparently, have continued to if Gibbs hadn't retired).

My cautious optimism likes to believe that TheDan has evolved enough that he might listen to the pros about his part in the grand scheme of things. He will be involved, there's really no doubt of that, but hopefully now he can be involved in a positive and useful fashion.

Same can be said for the fanbase. Two years ago, everybody was fine with giving Zorn three years.

Just sayin'...

1. Spurrier was not a proven NFL coach with Super Bowl trophies.

I didn't say he was. I just said Snyder really wanted Spurrier, and I said that in response to someone saying that Snyder really wanted Shanahan.

It appears as though you didn't fully read my post, so I'm pasting a portion of it below for emphasis. Note the bolded portion. It looks as though you read the first sentence of my post and disregarded the rest, because you're arguing with me even though you agree with me.

I don't think it would happen with Shanahan, but Snyder has been known to get fidgety when things don't start going well quickly. We just have to hope he's learned some lessons.

I didn't say he was. I just said Snyder really wanted Spurrier, and I said that in response to someone saying that Snyder really wanted Shanahan.

It appears as though you didn't fully read my post, so I'm pasting a portion of it below for emphasis. Note the bolded portion. It looks as though you read the first sentence of my post and disregarded the rest, because you're arguing with me even though you agree with me.

And it appears you didn't fully read HIS post lol...you only quoted the first thing he posted, and ignored the rest.

the key is progress.

the Redskins won 4 games in 2009 and went into the season completely igoring several key areas of the team. several veterans including Portis and Haynesworth weren't in shape to compete.

that has to change and I think it will change.

once you overcome these types of hurdles, start to acquire better players and then make better decisions on game day, all of a sudden a 4-12 team can turn into a 12-4 team in a couple of years.

Parcells took a 1-15 Miami team to 11-5.

Carolina went 1-15 one year and ended up in the Super Bowl two years later.

I was surprised by how he made himself readily available to the different local news outlets after the press conference. He probably did that as a show for landing the big coaching fish out there right now. I'm hoping though, that this the last big presence he allows himself to have for a long time.

And it appears you didn't fully read HIS post lol...you only quoted the first thing he posted, and ignored the rest.

I read the rest of it but it didn't have much to do with anything I said.

Initially, jofizz had said that Snyder really wanted Shanny, and I responded by saying Snyder really wanted Spurrier too. But I also said I don't think Snyder will pull the plug on Shanny if things don't go well early.

And then Ernie proceeded to tell me why Spurrier and Shanny are different. I know they're different, that's precisely why I said I don't think the same thing would happen with Shanny.

I was surprised by how he made himself readily available to the different local news outlets after the press conference. He probably did that as a show for landing the big coaching fish out there right now. I'm hoping though, that this the last big presence he allows himself to have for a long time.

Don't believe it. He has money. Most ppl who have money have big egos. They need to feed their egos.

As nice as I can be, Who the heck is Bruce Allen? Really? Not his father or his family, HIM. What has he done besides take credit from his dads rep? I am being sincere, I have not ever heard of him.

He won NFL Executive of the Year in Oakland once. GM for the Bucs ('04-'08) and an executive with the Raiders ('96-'03).

Archived