Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis versus Arenas

Burgold

Remember the debate we had about which was the greater athlete and who ruled this town? Who was the bigger DC celebrity?

Yikes! What a difference a few years make.

Strangely, I feel a great deal of sympathy for Gil even though his suspension was a completely self-inflicted sense of idiocy (esp, when you add in the comments and actions post the event)

Portis also has done this to himself, but I feel less for him. Perhaps, because he has let his team mates down more through his actions, words, or non actions (skipping practices/not coming in in shape)

Still, both these guys an eye blink ago were the toast of the town. What a difference and how fickle is the universe.

This dude Arenas is unbelievable. He will never learn. To think I just got this clowns jersey a month ago. Dont worry tho I caught it on sale for 25 bucks. :D

O yeah check out this pic for last nights game. He deserves to be suspended indefinately :doh:

He really thinks this is a joke. We will see if he is laughing when the bars close on him. This man had an illegal gun in WASHINGTON DC. Ask Plaxico how that worked out for him in NY. :doh:

gilbertarenas0110580.jpg

This dude Arenas is unbelievable. He will never learn. To think I just got this clowns jersey a month ago. Dont worry tho I caught it on sale for 25 bucks. :D

O yeah check out this pic for last nights game. He deserves to be suspended indefinately :doh:

He really thinks this is a joke. We will see if he is laughing when the bars close on him. This man had an illegal gun in WASHINGTON DC. Ask Plaxico how that worked out for him in NY. :doh:

gilbertarenas0110580.jpg

I wish I could find this as funny as they do. I really do. Great OP, Burgold, and you're right. 2005 was cloud nine in DC with these two guys, now one could be gone and the other most likely heading for jail, both on losing teams. Wow is right. Never saw it comin...

totally thinking that ... :hysterical:

burgold you got to chill a bit...let's let other poeple start threads mmmkay? :hysterical:

Well, dang it, they just have to start being as interesting as me :cool2:

:silly:

(As I said above, all the new threads are partially because of all the new stuff happening and partly because of work frustration

i drive past arenas house every day. i never would have guessed he had a 50 cal hand gun in there lol.

50 cal? Really?! That's not even a useful self defense hand gun. That's a back up pistol while hunting big game in case the rifle fails and the target charges you. What a moron... oh well he just got suspended indefinitely.

As for the topic:

Clinton Portis = Allen Iverson

Gilbert Arenas = Plaxico Burress (minus the gunshot wound)

Well, dang it, they just have to start being as interesting as me :cool2:

:silly:

(As I said above, all the new threads are partially because of all the new stuff happening and partly because of work frustration

:hysterical: i read all your stuff...

I wish I could find this as funny as they do. I really do. Great OP, Burgold, and you're right. 2005 was cloud nine in DC with these two guys, now one could be gone and the other most likely heading for jail, both on losing teams. Wow is right. Never saw it comin...

Yea. Gilbert is in serious trouble and he is completely oblivious to it. Yesterday this guy is laughing and asking for apoligies. I think he is really gonna go to jail. Honestly he needs to. If that was me or anyone else on this board we would already be locked up. You can't bring an illegal gun to work and draw it on someone. Joke or not. He needs to grow up quick before it's too late. Hopefully it isnt

Yea. Gilbert is in serious trouble and he is completely oblivious to it. Yesterday this guy is laughing and asking for apoligies. I think he is really gonna go to jail. Honestly he needs to. If that was me or anyone else on this board we would already be locked up. You can't bring an illegal gun to work and draw it on someone. Joke or not. He needs to grow up quick before it's too late. Hopefully it isnt

just shows how quickly one can fall

Portis just opens his mouth at inappropriate times and refuses to practice, Arenas is going to jail.

Really? Are you certain of that? If so please tell me, without a plea how will the charges stick? Or at least how are you certain the charges will stick? What the NBA does is one thing but I will love to see how the prosecution bases their case on hear say, and no collection of firearms by the MPD as they were being possessed in D.C.

Really? Are you certain of that? If so please tell me, without a plea how will the charges stick? Or at least how are you certain the charges will stick? What the NBA does is one thing but I will love to see how the prosecution bases their case on hear say, and no collection of firearms by the MPD as they were being possessed in D.C.

He had unlicensed guns in the freakin locker room within the District of Columbia, which has among the toughest gun laws in the country. Dude will be LUCKY to avoid a long slammer stay.

Archived