Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank You Dan Snyder....And Joe Bugel

kingdaddy

Give Snyder his props.....he didn't wait around and got the 2 most qualified guys for the job to come to DC and change the structure/face of this franchise. Shanahan sounds like a man on a mission after sitting out for a year and seeing the league from the outside. He sounds refreshed and ready to go today. Kudos to Dan Snyder for recognizing that he needed a complete change in management (including coaching) and getting after it immediately. His approval rating has to be skyrocketing right now.

For all of Daniel Snyder's failures, his passion and commitment to the Redskins and their fans needs to be acknowledged. The man backs up his commitment with his wallet and continuing efforts to improve this franchise.

Farewell and thank you to Joe "Boss Hog" Bugel. He deserves his own thread and certainly belongs in the Redskins HOF. They should just put a big Hog up next to all the retired numbers with the word BUGEL under it. Joe Bugel's commitment and passion towards the Redskins is legendary. I'll never forget him and the legendary HOGS offensive lines.

Today is the first day of great things to come.

Hail Skins!

Joe, enjoy your retirement. You deserve it!!

As for "kudos" to Snyder. I'm not sure. We HOPE he doesn't get involved in the decision making. Snyder is a hands on owner, so, let's hope he allows Shanahan to do what he does best.

While, I'm glad Zorn is gone, I just don't like how it was done. Snyder couldn't wait until Mon am and have the normal meeting w/ the noon presser to discuss the dismissal? Even in firing, he had Zorn "by the balls."

I haven't seen Greg Blache given his due on here yet, so I'll also add that I will miss him. Say what you will about his overly-disciplined, gap-control, no-blitz defense, but it worked more often than it didn't, and he didn't take any bull from his players. Enjoy your retirement, GB.

I think that praising Snyder for this move is silly. Shanahan's an obvious choice, and firing his coach after 2 years reflects very poorly on Snyder because he was the guy who hired him. The failure of Zorn was mostly Snyder's fault.

The fact that Snyder got Shanahan, Allen, possibly Alex Gibbs, Kyle Shanahan, dumped Cerrato, needs to be recognized. He'd be getting killed if he didn't have a plan and lost out to Cleveland, Buffalo or some other team as far as getting Shanahan goes. I understand he's screwed up a lot of things in the past but the guy did go out and get Gibbs back and now he's gotten another very credible coach. As much as we fans blast him, there are much worse owners we could have.

I do agree with you there.. Dan Synder does want to win bad. He has done things very wrong in the past.. He thought he could by a team then he thought buying 6 high profile players would fix it.. But i think it's got something right going now.. He has a G.M a proven Coach.. And the great thing is i think he's willing to dish out $$$ for all team realated resourses weath it be coaching and staff players everything in anyway to make this team better reguardless what it may be.

Today, I am proud of Dan Snyder and proud to be a Skins fan. We seem to be moving in the right direction , bringing optimism to the future. I can't wait for next season. Change takes time and hopefully a successful future starts today.

The fact that Snyder got Shanahan, Allen, possibly Alex Gibbs, Kyle Shanahan, dumped Cerrato, needs to be recognized. He'd be getting killed if he didn't have a plan and lost out to Cleveland, Buffalo or some other team as far as getting Shanahan goes.

The reason he needed to do this is because he didn't have a plan to begin with.

I haven't seen Greg Blache given his due on here yet, so I'll also add that I will miss him. Say what you will about his overly-disciplined, gap-control, no-blitz defense, but it worked more often than it didn't, and he didn't take any bull from his players. Enjoy your retirement, GB.

I can only applaud Blache for taking on the challenge, but Blache won't be missed. His defsense did not work more often than it didn't, actually it was the opposite. His poor attitude was reflected on the players, I'm glad he's gone.

Gotta start with Boss Hog here, and say thank you! The dedication you've shown to the Redskins is really second to none. You will be sorely missed, and you deserve every accolade and compliment that comes your way. Enjoy the time with your family!

As for Dan Snyder, yeah, he's tried really hard, but hasn't done too well. I will give him props for taking the first steps towards backing up his words with actions. He was NOT on the podium today, which I think speaks volumes, and I really like the fact that the three Lombardi trophies were not on display. Every change starts with small steps...and maybe he's already taken those?

This won't be an instant turn around, but it's sure lookin' pretty good so far!

:point2sky

THANKS AGAIN JOE!!!

Give Snyder his props.....he didn't wait around and got the 2 most qualified guys for the job to come to DC and change the structure/face of this franchise. Shanahan sounds like a man on a mission after sitting out for a year and seeing the league from the outside. He sounds refreshed and ready to go today. Kudos to Dan Snyder for recognizing that he needed a complete change in management (including coaching) and getting after it immediately. His approval rating has to be skyrocketing right now.

For all of Daniel Snyder's failures, his passion and commitment to the Redskins and their fans needs to be acknowledged. The man backs up his commitment with his wallet and continuing efforts to improve this franchise.

Farewell and thank you to Joe "Boss Hog" Bugel. He deserves his own thread and certainly belongs in the Redskins HOF. They should just put a big Hog up next to all the retired numbers with the word BUGEL under it. Joe Bugel's commitment and passion towards the Redskins is legendary. I'll never forget him and the legendary HOGS offensive lines.

Today is the first day of great things to come.

Hail Skins!

I completetly agree with you. Thanks Dan and Joe. Nice thread, we need more of these.

Joe, enjoy your retirement. You deserve it!!

As for "kudos" to Snyder. I'm not sure. We HOPE he doesn't get involved in the decision making. Snyder is a hands on owner, so, let's hope he allows Shanahan to do what he does best.

While, I'm glad Zorn is gone, I just don't like how it was done. Snyder couldn't wait until Mon am and have the normal meeting w/ the noon presser to discuss the dismissal? Even in firing, he had Zorn "by the balls."

The timing of the firing is what gets you??? Were you equally upset when he fired Vinnie on the plane ride home from that week's game? I hope so or you are being hypocritical. At least say something like taking away Zorn's playcalling but you can't because that was the right move.

As far as Zorn being Danny's failure, ultimately it is but they did interview many and Vinny was the one to convince Dan that Zorn could be the HC.

As far as 10yrs of ineptitude, i agree on a success level but there were 4 years where he backed off totally and let Gibbs run everything.

It's Snyder's fault that the structure was so horrid.

I'm not thanking him for anything. It's his fault that this organization is so messed up.

I will thank Mike Shanahan for changing this organization and not buying into the Snyderratto setup like a certain former Super Bowl winning coach did 6 years ago.

So thanks Mike. Good Luck.

It's Snyder's fault that the structure was so horrid.

I'm not thanking him for anything. It's his fault that this organization is so messed up.

I will thank Mike Shanahan for changing this organization and not buying into the Snyderratto setup like a certain former Super Bowl winning coach did 6 years ago.

So thanks Mike. Good Luck.

Gibbs is on record as saying Snyder stayed out of his way and let him do what he wanted. All I'm saying is that Snyder should be recognized for changing the management structure as much as he's been recognized for his past mistakes. I'm not saying all is forgotten but I am thankful that he's going in a different direction management wise.

Archived