Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GM Bruce Allen on 980 1/6/10 (then Shanahan and JC on now--MET)

darrell1106

The only"if" I got out of the statements was when Mike stated that "If you want to get better,you'll get better." My impression is that Jason is the man for now and unless he doesn't want to get better,it's his job to lose.

Hopefully, after evaluation, Shannahan concludes that Jason can get better regardless of the "want to".

Too many ESperts have already concluded that Campbell has reached his ceiling with no chance of improvement under any circumstance.

Coach called Mike the "Miracle worker" they laughed and Mike said; "Right. I'm undefeated."

Coach T:" What's Dan Snyder's roll with the team." Mike is restating his earlier conversation with Joe Gibbs. "All he's going to do is support you. 'You run the team,I don't want anything to do with it'. "

Synder is just gonna sign checks and not open his mouth or be involved? If you believe this I have some magic beanstalk beans for sale.

I agree with this. Vinny stated a hundred times that Dan was not involved in selecting players, just signing the checks. That being said, there were reports that Dan simply wanted Haynesworth no matter what.

Still, I agree with you. I think it's way overblown.

Haynesworth was the top target identified in FA, with Canty being the plan B. Both were in response to a need expressed by Blache for a stud DT, which was an open request from the previous year. The need was driven by the needs of the team, not what Snyder wanted.

Snyder was involved with contract negotiations and it is uncertain if he will continue to do that or if that will now be passed to Allen. Given Allen's words, I would think it would be passed to Allen.

J.C. "The most important thing with Coach Shanahan,will be the offense. One guy in control."

Doc: "What's next. What's in store. I find it unsettling. You have talked face to face with Mike Shanahan,Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder. At this point I would like to see you in the drivers seat. Find out where you are with the team.

Jason says he wants to sit down with Coach Shanahan and Bruce Allen to see where there at and make sure that they're on the same page.

no,no,no when we first hired Zorn he said almost same thing take JC to next level;

now Mike S. saying same thing or close? If this was a one year deal I am ok but from

what I am hearing of his statement was help JC to be a BETTER QB into future... How

long is that FUTURE is he going to give JC???

Synder is just gonna sign checks and not open his mouth or be involved? If you believe this I have some magic beanstalk beans for sale.

Exactly! Snyder is NOT suddenly going to transform into a billionaire who doesn't think he's smarter than the peons who work for him.

no,no,no when we first hired Zorn he said almost same thing take JC to next level;

now Mike S. saying same thing or close? If this was a one year deal I am ok but from

what I am hearing of his statement was help JC to be a BETTER QB into future... How

long is that FUTURE is he going to give JC???

Zorn came in and said JC is guy, he's the starter.

He said this immediately.

Doc."Suppose they pick a QB at the 4th pick. Is this something that you'll discuss?"

J.C." Yes. Something we'll talk about."

Coach T." Do you guys have the necessary parts,or are there parts you need to make this a winning team. "J.C.. Yes I think there are pieces there. Guys have to be at camp. Definitely need to add pieces to the offensive line. Not saying that they didn't get the job done,just need depth."

Doc" Oh no. You can say it. They didn't get the job done that's why you all were 4-12."

sounds like Jason thinks they are definitely taking a QB at #4.

I honestly don't know if we should take a QB at #4 but I'd rather Shanahan bring in a veteran QB that knows a similar system to what Coach runs. I don't know if I can live another season with JC at the helm.

I think he knows its a possibility and realizes that if they do he's seen as nothing more than a stopgap.

It is one of the things he has to consider on his decision if he wants to return. If they pick a QB with that first pick, there isn't going to be much of a future for him here no matter what.

Oh and about the draft pick. The impression I got is one that probably many people have. He has no idea what they're going to do at that pic. You listen to Coach Shanahan and right now,I wouldn't be looking for the the Skins to be drafting a QB.

You people never quit do you?

LOL WTF - was hard to tell but sounded like he may have flubbed that sentence. (Campbell that is)

Anyway, sounds like he's fine with competition and is smart enough to realize if they take a QB at #4 that he'll only be here for another year maximum.

I honestly don't know if we should take a QB at #4 but I'd rather Shanahan bring in a veteran QB that knows a similar system to what Coach runs. I don't know if I can live another season with JC at the helm.

Im strongly opposed to taking a QB at #4. Campbell basically said that if they do he knows he is not in future plans because. "you cant pay someone that kind of money to sit on the bench". I think we make a huge mistake if we take a QB at 4. Shanahan sounds like he wants to work with Jason and I'd like to see what he can make of it.

It is one of the things he has to consider on his decision if he wants to return. If they pick a QB with that first pick, there isn't going to be much of a future for him here no matter what.

He said as much by referring to what you pay a guy at the #4 pick and how you don't want them on the bench for too long. However, he also said there will always be competition at the position. I personally didn't feel that was the case last year.

I think he knows its a possibility and realizes that if they do he's seen as nothing more than a stopgap.

Translation we dont want you here but we want you to take a another beating till we get the offensive line straight then we can cut you. The same people who say he is not smart are hoping he is foolish enough to stay here while they groom the next Joe Montana to take over. Campbell is gone .If you want a qb inthe 4th round , he is going to get sacked 50 times

Archived