Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GM Bruce Allen on 980 1/6/10 (then Shanahan and JC on now--MET)

darrell1106

Coach Thompson and Doc Walker are pressing BA pretty good on how much Snyder is envolved. So far, I'm convinced that Snyder is out of it but of course we'll see.

Please add info as the interview proceeds.

Shanahan on the show now. He also adds that Snyder asked him to run the show and nothing else (paraphrase).

It shall be interesting to watch and learn how much change over will take place: players, coaches, CBA deal, etc. A lot of anxiety in redskin nation, imo.:2cents:

Said that he and Mike will install a heavily disciplined organization (thank you). Either you buy into it, or your out (paraphrased).

that was his final statement before the segment ended. Allen handled himself well in that interview. i can only imagine how "sacks n stuff" would've handled it :doh:

Well you have to be confident in your structure, what is being outlined, how things will be done, run and achieved and I've gotten than from Bruce Allen so far as well as Shanahan in the presser today. It will be disciplined and things will be kept in house. We'll see how it goes but it isn't the first time Allen has pointed out the head coach and himself make the calls, if the owner likes it that's icing on the cake, if not, well lol so be it.

Coach called Mike the "Miracle worker" they laughed and Mike said; "Right. I'm undefeated."

Coach T:" What's Dan Snyder's roll with the team." Mike is restating his earlier conversation with Joe Gibbs. "All he's going to do is support you. 'You run the team,I don't want anything to do with it'. "

I think this is as much rehabbing Snyders image more than anything. I think the idea of Snyder being a meddling owner is a bit overblown. He's a guy who likes being in the loop and I doubt that is going to change much. For appearances sake, Bruce needs him out of the spotlight for a while. But, I doubt he's not going to talk football with these guys at times and be in the loop with what is going on.

Doc. The challenge of changing the philosophy of the players that's been present with them recently. Mike said it starts with the organization. The organization is used to losing. Referenced teams that have high standards. Mike says his job is to make sure there isn't a hole anywhere in the organization. From top to bottom. He's not going to hire right away. Not going hire. Going to make sure he gets the best for each position. He's not a friend hiring guy. He doesn't hire friends. Been there done that. He loves coaching football.

Archived