The Hangman- C_Hanburger

Who would you like to see the Redskins take in the NFL Draft 2010  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see the Redskins take in the NFL Draft 2010

• Quarterback - Bradford, Clausen, Other? Post Why
    • Offensive Tackle - Okung, Williams, Davis, Other? Post Why
    • Half-Back - Spiller, Ingram, Other? Post Why
    • Trade Down - Post Why

I know the O-Line needs allot of work..but what happened to the secondary. We got scorched playing that soft zone...

Can this group play up on the line and interrupt the routes with physical play? I thought the secondary was a strenght at the begiining of the season with depth..now I'm thinking its a weakness.

Is it the scheme or players? I know we need a Real FS....is that a top draft priority?

Too old?

Landry, Horton, Hall and Rogers are all under 26. I would tender Rogers by the way - we have enough holes to fill without creating anymore.

They need some good coaching and a scheme which allows them to play to their strengths. That and some stickum for anyone not called Hall.

Landry in particular needs a coach who INSISTS that he tackles using his arms rather than trying to kill the receiver/back.

Too old?

Landry, Horton, Hall and Rogers are all under 26. I would tender Rogers by the way - we have enough holes to fill without creating anymore.

They need some good coaching and a scheme which allows them to play to their strengths. That and some stickum for anyone not called Hall.

Landry in particular needs a coach who INSISTS that he tackles using his arms rather than trying to kill the receiver/back.

New coaching, new #2 CB, and a better scheme overall.

I agree with tendering Rogers. It just makes sense. Other than Springs for a few games and Horton, the secondary is the same as it was last year. I don't recall either Rogers or Hall being burned as often last year as they were this year. It could very well be something like what Haynesworth said--Blache's system forced the defense to think too often, and didn't allow players to simply react. Hopefully the 'Skins can get back to that next season.

What does age have to do with it?

Other than Smoot, it was a pretty young group.

The problem was how they played in the scheme.

You've got Rogers, a physical guy, more of a zone guy, who can't catch but hey, at least he gets near the ball sometimes.

Then there's Hall, a man-to-man guy who can certainly catch, but gambles too much and is a risk to get burned.

You've got Doughty, a heady player who knows his assignments and is a sure tackler, but doesn't have the speed or athleticism to play deep, so he's a natural fit at SS.

Then there's Landry, who certainly has speed and athleticism, but is a disaster in deep open space, both in coverage and as a last line of defense tackler. He needs to be closer to the line.

So you don't really have a FS, unless you think Moore showed something, and I'm not in that crowd.

On top of that is Tryon, another undersized man-to-man guy who can't match up physically, and Kevin Barnes, a 3rd rounder who could barely get on the field.

Archived